Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-21 15:27:27, last edited by AmdS (2016-01-21 15:33:53)

AmdS
Website

Everybody Edits is getting worse?

As far I know, Everybody Edits wont be dead, but I'm not sure about it.

There are years that EE weren't getting more than 240/170 players online on the lobby in my vision, so I'm a bit worried and I wanted to make this thread about discussions with this subject and I think you would like to apreciate them. EE was ever a great game, but "no ones" plays it anymore. I'm a bit worried about that and I really miss that moments when there was 4k online players on the lobby. That old players weren't old when they started playing EE, but they are much old today and they have more to do than playing "a kids game". So I'm sure they wont play EE again, and this game was supposed to kids play "only", but we got more old players than newest players playing it.

In my vision, most of childrens plays ee now, and they are getting a bit tired of this game for very boring reasons. So, in my opinion, there isn't much to do in this game. I know there we have campaigns that we play to get rewards, but this is the only thing that I can consider a bit fun. A small fun. In my opinion, I think we should have more fun features to do in EE, just something like this: You need to play worlds to get energy much faster, and if you are not moving like playing the world, you won't get any. Well, this is just a suggestion that I don't know if this would be fun. We should think that EE isn't just a sandbox game, but we have a comunity on it. And the comunity is asking for more fun. EE Staff also needs to hear a bit more this forum section, so they would make our comunity happy making what they are want to the game, but of course if it's meaning to the game or it's fun or most of the players would like that on the game. There should be something like competitions, or more contests if we get more players playing, I don't know, I'm confused talking about this. So I'm sure EE would be more fun and popular if there are more competitions, contests, or others fun features that we should do to improve our skills or something like that.

I really like most of the updates, but most of them aren't bringing fun for the game. We as EE players, we have the right to complain about the game, so I did.

I would like to say much more things here, but most of them I don't know how I can explain it. I hope you understand my point and give yours.

Have a nice day.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2016-01-21 15:34:33

Creature

Re: Everybody Edits is getting worse?

Oh no, another thread about EE population getting worse!

*drowns in a lot of "EE is dying" threads*

This is a false statement.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2016-01-21 15:40:46, last edited by AmdS (2016-01-21 15:43:26)

AmdS
Website

Creature wrote:

Oh no, another thread about EE population getting worse!

*drowns in a lot of "EE is dying" threads*

Let's assume that you really like something and that something is leaving the world... You would not take the initiative and try to help this unless something? Did you read all I said in this thread?

AmdS wrote:

We as EE players, we have the right to complain about the game, so I did.

#4 2016-01-21 15:42:53

Creature

AmdS wrote:
AmdS wrote:

We as EE players, we have the right to complain about the game, so I did.

There's likely 3 other threads to complain about the game.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

#5 2016-01-21 15:53:57

zioxei

God damn it, could you guys stop complaining? There's only an update being made, it's not freaking dying!

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#6 2016-01-21 16:07:00

AmdS
Website

zioxei wrote:

God damn it, could you guys stop complaining? There's only an update being made, it's not freaking dying!

Can't you just understand my topic isn't only about the game being dead and a coming update?

#7 2016-01-21 16:53:14

zioxei

AmdS wrote:
zioxei wrote:

Can't you just understand my topic isn't only about the game being dead and a coming update?

You thought of ee dying only because it's sites are down. You wouldn't make this topic if it didn't happen.

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#8 2016-01-21 16:55:14

AmdS
Website

zioxei wrote:
AmdS wrote:
zioxei wrote:

You thought of ee dying only because it's sites are down. You wouldn't make this topic if it didn't happen.

I don't though EE died just because of the domain, we still can play ee in anothers links. Again, this topic wasn't made about ee dying yet. More coments about that will be ignored

#9 2016-01-21 18:24:13, last edited by SmittyW (2016-01-21 18:27:02)

SmittyW

The problem with EE is that it lacks a proper foundation to constantly push new content. What was a very simple game has been turned into a heap of rushed additional content to keep players entertained briefly. A good example of this would be Mr Shoe's "weekly updates". What we got was a ton of regular block packs that only provided amusement in short boosts.

Don't get me wrong. Mr Shoe also brought a lot of cool action blocks such as boosts, spikes, waters, and potions, but what lacked was quality control. Mr shoe passed up the chance to use beta testing to fine tune the game. Now the current admin team is at the receiving end and trying their best to fix EE but they can't change much without affecting the core gameplay and receiving a lot of backlash (ie. block appearances and boost physics changes). Chris also had a chance to fix bugs past his physics optimization after the great background update, but left before doing so.

Change in ownership injured EE further, with inconsistencies in every direction. Art styles differ from the lifespan of 3 different artists. Admins couldn't decide how to deal with moderation and the constant switching of disabling and re-enabling chat had upset the community more.

These recent changes by the staff are supposed to benefit this game, but because of choices made early in development, EE is reaching its breaking point. EE is a cute game that is different from other popular sandbox platformers but I feel like its potential was wasted. The effort put into this now would be better placed in some remake or EE knock-off built from scratch.

Wooted by:
SmittyW1453397053577005

Board footer