Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-14 12:53:30

nlmdejonge

Campaign Team or Beat Level Icons

Ideas to get back players:

Campaign Team
-----
The staff could ask for community volunteers to assemble a Campaign Team. This Campaign Team would be free to create whatever campaigns they want, and however many campaigns they want. What's better, a situation where the staff has full control and tinkers with campaigns until they think they are 'perfect', or a situation where the community pushes out way more campaigns and people actually start playing? Right now it's all official-ly and stuff, but that's not helping the game at all. Why not have a Campaign Team that gets full control, let them push out one or more campaigns a week, or even one a day. The question is what you want. Do you want it all polished and pretty, with campaigns that you personally vetted, or do you want actual user activity and a place that feels alive. Who cares if some campaigns are crap. Why can't you just add the three or four campaigns that I've suggested, for instance. What are you waiting for. If you are busy with coding and organizing, why not trust community members to take care of the campaigns for you. Surely we have enough well-meaning and smart enough folks among us to make up a Campaign Team.

Beat Level Icons
-----
Alternatively, if you don't want to leave your firm grip on campaigns, implement this (a world setting that allows creators to set whether a level is finished or a work in progress), then make the game remember whether or not players have finished levels, and finally add icons in the lobby that show if a level is a) finished by the creator, b) finished by the player. Then we have 1-level campaigns. Oh, it would be nice if, if a level is ever added to a campaign and a player already beat it, the player doesn't have to do the level again if it's being added to a campaign later.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

Wooted by: (2)
nlmdejonge1452772410575470

Board footer