Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-03 00:00:54

iPwner
Website

Make invisible gravity COMPLETELY invisible (no ugly gray trails)

For one... I'm sure it makes the game lag a lot more than it would if they didn't have the gray trail.

Secondly, it's incredibly ugly.

If anyone was trying to do an actual concept with invis gravity it would probably be spoiled by how ugly it is. The owner can simply use the background to indicate where invisible arrows are, but ultimately it's up to the owner.

For example: if someone wanted to do a level that mimmicks the gravity in VVVVV, the rules could just be set/assumed at the beginning of the level and the player can assume that they will hold true, without ugly gray arrow ghosts everywhere.

It's called invisible gravity, so it should at least actually BE completely invisible. This suggestion would make an honestly meh feature a lot more useful.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#2 2015-12-03 00:04:31

Anch

Re: Make invisible gravity COMPLETELY invisible (no ugly gray trails)

I don't really think it would ruin any worlds either so good idea!

#3 2015-12-03 00:32:12

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

2 options for fully invisible and partly invisible gravity set up by the world owner would be cool.

#4 2015-12-03 00:33:21

Secropicy
Banned

ya that would be good idea becus then you be like "woa what push me?" and become good for new types of levels!

Beginner Graphics Designer - Gamer - Tech Savy - Fun

Wooted by:

#5 2015-12-03 00:35:22

AmdS
Website

No please.

The "trails" make that feeling you passed for it. And it makes the game looking beautful

Wooted by: (4)

#6 2015-12-03 00:37:26

Abelysk

We need two different, morphable types of invisible gravity - one with dot trails and one without.

#7 2015-12-03 00:51:18

rgl32

Kefka wrote:

We need two different, morphable types of invisible gravity - one with dot trails and one without.

I don't get why the trail is useful at all anyway, if you want people to see it then just use visible arrows.

This idea at least shows invisible arrows would have some use, but they will always be the worst block in the game regardless of how they look.

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2015-12-03 02:34:57

Xfrogman43

Yes! Can't wait for troll levels!!

In all seriousness, I don't like the gray trails either.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#9 2015-12-03 07:35:42

cpcrabs

Xfrogman43 wrote:

Yes! Can't wait for troll levels!!

In all seriousness, I don't like the gray trails either.

As long as when using god mode, you can see it grey. I made a remake where the gravity was completely invisible. Let's say you had to use a lot of inspect mode. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

17 i think

#10 2015-12-03 08:04:07

nlmdejonge

Sorry iPwner, but I am against this idea.
The invisible arrows and dots are bad enough as they are now.
(I've suggested removing them from the game in the past.)
Without those trails they would be even worse.
Some people, like you, know how to properly use invisible gravity, but too many people don't.
Without trails we may as well rename them "troll arrows".

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

Wooted by: (3)

#11 2015-12-03 08:34:08

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Current version of invisi arrows/dots should NOT be removed. It will cause confusion.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#12 2015-12-03 11:02:28, last edited by Harrington Dashwood (2015-12-03 11:09:32)

Harrington Dashwood
Banned

Indeed this idea resonates highly in our capable and adept minds. I back and support the concept highly and wish you the best of luck in any future endavours. let us study hard together to make this digital world a better place. :)

Professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Last December, at the Annual Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems, MIT researchers announced the compilation of the world’s largest database of images labeled according to scene type, with 7 million entries. By exploiting a machine-learning technique known as “deep learning” — which is a revival of the classic artificial-intelligence technique of neural networks — they used it to train the most successful scene-classifier yet, which was between 25 and 33 percent more accurate than its best predecessor.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin

Wooted by: (7)

#13 2015-12-03 13:22:37

Sir Albrecht Lyttelton
Banned

Harrington Dashwood wrote:

Indeed this idea resonates highly in our capable and adept minds. I back and support the concept highly and wish you the best of luck in any future endavours. let us study hard together to make this digital world a better place. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Still using "endavours", I see?

Several studies have documented significant correlation between the usage of invisible game elements and videogamers' gameplay enjoyment, and, contrary to professor Dashwood's overenthusiastic assessment of this game suggestion, the rise of the former has a severely negative impact on the latter. Furthermore, our recent studies have demonstrated that, in the long term, the absence of gravity arrow trails will result in a 10 percent decrease of the average daily concurrent player number. My colleagues at Princeton University concur that one cannot come to any conclusion other than this: trail removal would be unwise and potentially disastrous.

Distinguished Professor at Princeton University
Princeton University researchers deployed a new tool to help solve an old puzzle: How can multiple animals coexist while eating the same resources? They used "DNA metabarcoding" to determine the specific plants that herbivores inhabiting the Kenyan savanna eat. They found that the animals have distinct diets that allow them to inhabit in the same area without strong competition. This correlation of animal diets with specific plant compositions is already changing how people think about biodiversity and species conservation.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." —Carl Sagan

#14 2015-12-03 14:57:12

Weirdoverse
Website

No, no no no no. it will ruin all of my worlds, just make option except ruining EE for others

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#15 2015-12-03 15:05:32

Gosha

GOG100lol wrote:

No, no no no no. it will ruin all of my worlds, just make option except ruining EE for others

It will ruin all noobish worlds

#16 2015-12-03 15:12:56, last edited by Harrington Dashwood (2015-12-03 15:15:19)

Harrington Dashwood
Banned

Sir Albrecht Lyttelton wrote:

Several studies have documented significant correlation between the usage of invisible game elements and videogamers' gameplay enjoyment, and, contrary to professor Dashwood's overenthusiastic assessment of this game suggestion, the rise of the former has a severely negative impact on the latter. Furthermore, our recent studies have demonstrated that, in the long term, the absence of gravity arrow trails will result in a 10 percent decrease of the average daily concurrent player number. My colleagues at Princeton University concur that one cannot come to any conclusion other than this: trail removal would be unwise and potentially disastrous.

Lyttelton, how is your family? What an exceptional surprise to see you here? Thought i must admit my surprise was shared with inquisitiveness.

Our old rivalry gives me aspiration for slandering your name here and now ...But where is the elegance?, the suave?, the proclamation of an intelligentsia that has a profound urging to express hatred and distaste in the most refined manner?   

The sad truth is that Sir Albrecht Lyttelton has no coverage for the claim that the invisible specks are necesarry for this games sustainable development. On the contrary, it could create major problems for the userbase, especially the newer ones who did not start playing before 2015*. Careful investigation on my part has revealed that inexperienced users have difficulties in maintaining focus, keyboard stability and joy when met by the challenges designed from the product Lyttelton seems so desperate to have as a keepsake. As a last note i would like to add that my university has shown promising statistics on the subject matter which we have yet to release for the public, but let me just say that i doubt Lyttelton's outdated gravity theories will be of much relevance anymore. :)

* https://www.MitUni.com/gravity_shown-to … ncy-in-men

Professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Last December, at the Annual Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems, MIT researchers announced the compilation of the world’s largest database of images labeled according to scene type, with 7 million entries. By exploiting a machine-learning technique known as “deep learning” — which is a revival of the classic artificial-intelligence technique of neural networks — they used it to train the most successful scene-classifier yet, which was between 25 and 33 percent more accurate than its best predecessor.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin

Wooted by: (7)

#17 2015-12-03 22:37:05

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

Like invisible portals and blocks, very useful, I could see myself using these to create awesome levels.
Like invisible portals and blocks, makes the game more confusing. I see this as an update that benefits all the older players who know the ins and outs of the game at the expense of future players.

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2015-12-04 01:14:13, last edited by Dr. Phileip Klotzbach (2015-12-04 01:16:52)

Dr. Phileip Klotzbach
Banned

Indeed this idea resonates highly in our capable and adept minds. I back and support the concept highly and wish you the best of luck in any future endavours. let us study hard together to make this digital world a better place. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I disagree. Quantum studies proposed by beneficiary analogies have deducted invisible gravity under the verinity of the stated assumption. By applying the MTDoE (Mollecular Theoretic Discernum of Energy) to such subjects are found for trial (Shadun 2013 et. al.). In addition, the proprietary sequence of invisible products with gravitational application is in no way a means of development; all features such as a preclusion to a factor correspondent to the MTDoE and [other] action can justly be unverified. A shallow response to be brought upon from Stanford University, my class to of taking.

Professor at Stanford University of California.
“Stupid people are dangerous.”
― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

Wooted by: (5)

#19 2015-12-04 01:28:13

AmdS
Website

Dr. Phileip Klotzbach wrote:

I disagree. Quantum studies proposed by beneficiary analogies have deducted invisible gravity under the verinity of the stated assumption. By applying the MTDoE (Mollecular Theoretic Discernum of Energy) to such subjects are found for trial (Shadun 2013 et. al.). In addition, the proprietary sequence of invisible products with gravitational application is in no way a means of development; all features such as a preclusion to a factor correspondent to the MTDoE and [other] action can justly be unverified. A shallow response to be brought upon from Stanford University, my class to of taking.

you probably another alt

#20 2015-12-04 03:58:53

Kirby

AmdS wrote:
Dr. Phileip Klotzbach wrote:

you probably another alt

wOaH wHo WoUlDa ThOuGhT???

Wooted by:

#21 2015-12-04 04:07:42

Null
Website

No, Mr. Dashwood is legit. He's my university prof. He saw me playing EE and told me, "how u get red ninja"

[only logs in here when drunk]
EE Pics
______

#22 2015-12-04 04:24:07

cpcrabs

Badoosh wrote:

Like invisible portals and blocks, very useful, I could see myself using these to create awesome levels.
Like invisible portals and blocks, makes the game more confusing. I see this as an update that benefits all the older players who know the ins and outs of the game at the expense of future players.

Exactly. I couldn't disagree even if I were forced. Well, maybe if they threatened to kill me maybe.

17 i think

cpcrabs1449199447563827

Board footer