Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

You're all butthurt and whiny.

I die a little inside when I see people complaining about something you beg for all of the time. If you don't like the updates, fine. Tell us, but don't go make the same thread complainer #2 just made so you can whine about it. There will be plenty of topics for you to complain in, don't worry.

You beg for updates all the time. There'll be the topics complaining that Chris is greedy and lazy, and there are people who have to make a remark every time an update is announced (I am guilty of this myself). Go play the game. Do you like it? If so, keep playing. If not, go play something else. Nobody is forcing you to play this game.

Addressing individual complaints:

Portal cannons no longer work.
Chris fixed a glitch? HOW COULD HE! I THOUGHT YOU WERE OUR FRIEND? HOW COULD YOU FIX THE BUGS WE'RE CONSTANTLY COMPLAINING ABOUT?

Physics are changed.
I understand this. Your levels aren't going to work for a while. What you can do, though, is make a map that's compatible with the update. That shouldn't be too hard to do, should it?

Certain things now (don't) show up on the minimap
This is a bug and is being fixed.

Seriously. Go enjoy the updates you've been begging for for months.

EDIT: Art is your biggest concern? Go make a platforming map on this platformer.

Last edited by JadElClemens (Jul 28 2011 8:32:29 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#2 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

Re: You're all butthurt and whiny.

he ruined art. PERIOD

#3 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Jade. No update has upset the community this much ever before. So don't you dare backlash at us for complaining about the decision Chris and Pete make.

#4 Before February 2015

treejoe4

THE GLITCHES WILL GET FIXED, CALM DOWN

#5 Before February 2015

musuki

I did not beg for him to ruin the game.

#6 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

Glitches? I have a feeling these arent glitches.

#7 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

treejoe4 wrote:

THE GLITCHES WILL GET FIXED, CALM DOWN

This.

ThuggishPrune wrote:

he ruined art. PERIOD

You can fix the art.

musuki wrote:

I did not beg for him to ruin the game.

This is what I was talking about. He didn't ruin the game.

Last edited by JadElClemens (Jul 28 2011 8:25:24 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#8 Before February 2015

Zoidy☺

Beta blue and metal orange changed colors and that messed up my art alot... and the fact the crowns arent visible

#9 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I agree, you're all butthurt.   Be happy Chris is still doing anything with the game.   Expect more bug fixes in the next one to two weeks.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#10 Before February 2015

you people should mature up. if you guys do not like the update then leave EE you all are acting like little kids that can't take the update.

#11 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Zoidy? wrote:

Beta blue and metal orange changed colors and that messed up my art alot... and the fact the crowns arent visible

Like I said before, the art can be fixed.

32OrtonEdge23dh wrote:

I agree, you're all butthurt.   Be happy Chris is still doing anything with the game.   Expect more bug fixes in the next one to two weeks.

The sum of my arguments. Thank you.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#12 Before February 2015

Zoidy☺

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

I had a world 100% made with keys and crowns. the map in nothing now. i was going to release it today..

#13 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

You dont get it. The shades of the crowns ARE UNIQUE.
SO Fix the art?
Ruin the art.

#14 Before February 2015

simpleguest

I NEVER BEGGED for an UPDATE. I liked the game as it was before; I never liked the thought of an UPDATE.

#15 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Zoidy? wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

I had a world 100% made with keys and crowns. the map in nothing now. i was going to release it today..

You ignored the last part

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Expect more bug fixes in the next one to two weeks.

It's a bug. It'll be fixed.

simpleguest wrote:

I NEVER BEGGED for an UPDATE. I liked the game as it was before; I never liked the thought of an UPDATE.

You may not have, but everybody else did.

Last edited by JadElClemens (Jul 28 2011 8:31:30 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#16 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

JadElClemens wrote:

Chris fixed a glitch? HOW COULD HE! I THOUGHT YOU WERE OUR FRIEND? HOW COULD YOU FIX THE BUGS WE'RE CONSTANTLY COMPLAINING ABOUT?

It wasn't a glitch it was an awesome feature and everyone would've been happier with the portal cannons than without.

I WANT MY PORTAL CANNONS[/whinyandbutthurt]

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#17 Before February 2015

Zarow

Art is mundane to begin with. People don't play levels to walk around and go "oh that looks NEATO on the minimap." And if they do, they probably get bored within seconds. I don't care for art, and I don't care if he messed with it. Certain things bother me personally with the physics change (like how you can fall through 2 arrows without any momentum going down to begin with), but we'll move on. Games need updates and games need changes. This is not any different for a game that centers around level building. It's actually one of its main features. A "petition" won't do anything, and telling Chris he broke his own game won't either.

I guess one of my main problems with it is that it's so RESOURCE heavy now. It's like it's trying to work like an MMO, but it's still just a popular flash game in my eyes. I can't open up a game and, when I'm bored, tab out and play EE anymore without some small lag. TC, I agree with you on the most part. People should have expected the game to change in some ways. EE certainly wouldn't be any fun if all he did was add smilies and blocks for months/years. Physics are a nice twist too.

#18 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Different55 wrote:
JadElClemens wrote:

It wasn't a glitch it was an awesome feature and everyone would've been happier with the portal cannons than without.

I WANT MY PORTAL CANNONS[/whinyandbutthurt]

At the root, it was a glitch.
Noticing that fake BBcode tag there, I don't know whether you're with me or against me like 90% of the people here are.

I'm surprised my rep isn't destroyed at this point. I guess there's more to come.

Zarow wrote:

Art is mundane to begin with. People don't play levels to walk around and go "oh that looks NEATO on the minimap." And if they do, they probably get bored within seconds. I don't care for art, and I don't care if he messed with it. Certain things bother me personally with the physics change (like how you can fall through 2 arrows without any momentum going down to begin with), but we'll move on. Games need updates and games need changes. This is not any different for a game that centers around level building. It's actually one of its main features. A "petition" won't do anything, and telling Chris he broke his own game won't either.

So true.

Last edited by JadElClemens (Jul 28 2011 8:34:59 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#19 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

All i want is chris to fix the physics, the colors, the keys and crowns. and what the dots look like

#20 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

So you want him to revert the update? Did you read the full blog post? I'm fine suffering for a while if it enables us to eventually get such blocks.

The dots look fine. I actually like their new look. The physics are great, I don't even know why everybody's mad about them.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#21 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

No, I'm against this update. The portal cannons rock. There were tons of really creative ones and chris murdered them all alive. Then he dismembered them. Then he sewed them back together and burned them. That's really mean.

- ShinsukeIto

#22 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Says the person that doesn't make levels. /irony

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

EDIT: @Jad

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Jul 28 2011 8:39:23 pm)

#23 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

Didn't he eat them then crap them out before he dismembered them?

#24 Before February 2015

Zarow

JadElClemens wrote:

So you want him to revert the update? Did you read the full blog post? I'm fine suffering for a while if it enables us to eventually get such blocks.

The dots look fine. I actually like their new look. The physics are great, I don't even know why everybody's mad about them.

They're mad because their minis were changed. This is countless maps that they'll have to update. I can understand the frustration with it. What I don't understand is why they're wasting their time asking for a revert instead of just UPDATING their maps.

#25 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I don't make levels. I play around with them, occasionally trapping noobs with them and eating their souls for nourishment. But that doesn't mean I don't love playing with portal cannons. GET YOU GONE, UPDATE.

- ShinsukeIto

JadElClemens142387663284800

Board footer