Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Re: Designated Update Discussion Thread

JadElClemens wrote:

Unfair hooks is still in order, I was only wrong about unfair portals. The other two still work.

Ah, I was wrong. Unfair hooks works, but the last hook is a lot easier.

JadElClemens wrote:

Now, can somebody please tell me specifically what's wrong with the game now? I haven't noticed anything.

I don't know how you haven't noticed. There have been about ten threads about it. The physics. This update has come along with a physics update that has broken all levels that rely on gravity arrows made in this past year. Kind of a big deal. EE is losing tons of its original userbase, and that's completely justified considering a year's worth or work is now trash. And that's not even mentioning the coloring system update.

Secret bricks are now visible on the minimap and on the play screen without touching them, thus making them not secret.

Decorations are visible on the minimap, but keys and crowns aren't.

I still have trouble loading my worlds.

Chris is too ignorant to listen to his players and the game is always riddled with bugs even after "bug fixes".

It is impossible to find a good level on the lobby, due to a lack of "Featured Level" system popularly requested.

There.

As for the future of EE, it is bleak. Many of the most creative level builders have been discouraged from building levels, knowing that Chris can destroy their levels at his own mercy, which, as we know from previous experience, never turns out well. I can almost guarantee that you'll see a drastic decline in the quality of levels being produced, now that we have lost so many creative and talented people due to Chris's ignorance. I, for one, am done making levels, as are many, until Chris gives EE to someone that actually cares about the players.

I'll probably loiter around the forums, but don't expect any new things from me.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Jul 28 2011 11:44:04 pm)

#27 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Supadorf24 wrote:

I, for one, am done making levels, as are many, until Chris gives EE to someone that actually cares about the players.

I'll probably loiter around the forums, but don't expect any new things from me.

Copy cat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#28 Before February 2015

supadorf24

TakoMan02 wrote:
Supadorf24 wrote:

I, for one, am done making levels, as are many, until Chris gives EE to someone that actually cares about the players.

Copy cat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

We share the same point of view. ;D

#29 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

Yet another update that basically just changes the graphics.
Even though I expect and even predicted this, I'm still disappointed!

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#30 Before February 2015

EENinja

I am really ANGRY.

Thats all really...

Change it back please.

#31 Before February 2015

Cola1

Dear Chris, Y U GET RID OF ERASE BLOCK IN NEW INTERFACE!

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#32 Before February 2015

EENinja

Cola1 wrote:

Dear Chris, Y U GET RID OF ERASE BLOCK IN NEW INTERFACE!

Omg I noticed this as well...

You only have the one in your quick bar.

Anyway I don't have to worry about it cause I quit   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#33 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

Sorry, can people explain how the update has ruined there levels? And why it sucks so much?

#34 Before February 2015

Zalgryth

MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

Sorry, can people explain how the update has ruined there levels? And why it sucks so much?

Physics changed. Old minis don't work because arrows affect people differently. Two up arrows now make you fall through. Gravity dots make it hard to move up in a tight fit. So do up arrows.

Speed is different. Race tracks have been ruined. Art is also screwed because of different colouring. Keys and crowns are no longer visible on the minimap (which ruins the world Sepia, which is art entirely made from crowns).

^ That. And more.

#35 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

Zalgryth wrote:
MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

Physics changed. Old minis don't work because arrows affect people differently. Two up arrows now make you fall through. Gravity dots make it hard to move up in a tight fit. So do up arrows.

Speed is different. Race tracks have been ruined. Art is also screwed because of different colouring. Keys and crowns are no longer visible on the minimap (which ruins the world Sepia, which is art entirely made from crowns).

^ That. And more.

Yeah the game has been ruined, The new blocks are ok but the physics: wrong!

#36 Before February 2015

surferboy09

i think rpgmaster2000 should make it so u can see it on yr minimap the artists out there can make cool levels and i thgink the update sucks too i want my gems back nooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

#37 Before February 2015

EENinja

MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

This is one of my least harmed worlds...

Before: 2d12qb.jpg

After:     33f7szm.jpg

#38 Before February 2015

capasha

EENinja wrote:
MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

This is one of my least harmed worlds...

Before: http://oi55.tinypic.com/2d12qb.jpg

After:     http://oi52.tinypic.com/33f7szm.jpg

It looks like the gray outline is a lot darker now. Rpgmasters idea was the best i have seen...

The tabs that they added annoying me so much. To add a brick to the toolbar now, takes a long time. It was better before without the tabs.

whatam.jpg

Last edited by doh (Jul 29 2011 2:55:00 am)

#39 Before February 2015

Echo!

tokebot wrote:

update is awesome

HOLY..We agree on something?

Err yeah, I love the new update.. I don't find the physics to bad.I like that you can hide behind decorations :)And backgrounds are awesome!.. And I like the block interface.

Err also the whiners...Why ask for a update (A update means change),then just moan,and moan,as it stated in the blog post,the physics have been made to make physic blocks in the future.

#40 Before February 2015

Zalgryth

Echo! wrote:

Err also the whiners...Why ask for a update (A update means change),then just moan,and moan,as it stated in the blog post,the physics have been made to make physic blocks in the future.

Because updates are good. But this screwed 90% of our levels and introduced really dumb physics bugs.

Also no more cannons. And art worlds have been destroyed.

How have you not noticed all this?

#41 Before February 2015

Echo!

^ I have.

Start again, and get used of it,Instead of quitting ee //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue?
Why is every one so afraid of change O-o.

And some of it may all get sorted out, after all this is "beta"I dunno why every one expects a bug free update..

I mean if some joins ee today,they think its pretty cool,but when the update goes back to old state he most probably wont like it, because he used to the new things.

#42 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

I love the background blocks,i love that we can actually HIDE behind decorations.I Just love it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile (Btw. My levels are the same as they used to be)

Last edited by Pawlowic (Jul 29 2011 3:12:39 am)

#43 Before February 2015

Processor

Echo! wrote:

^ I have.

Start again, and get used of it,Instead of quitting ee //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue?
Why is every one so afraid of change O-o.

And some of it may all get sorted out, after all this is "beta"I dunno why every one expects a bug free update..

I mean if some joins ee today,they think its pretty cool,but when the update goes back to old state he most probably wont like it, because he used to the new things.

What if the next update changes many things again? i do not feel safe to build new levels anymore... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#44 Before February 2015

Wezza

My thoughts brought me 3 minus reps.

Last edited by Wezza (Jul 31 2011 5:24:55 am)

#45 Before February 2015

Echo!

^ as much as i disagreed I lol'd < that is gay.

#46 Before February 2015

Processor

2011-07-29_1137.png
BETTER PHYSICS? Really? I see nothing better //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Processor (Jul 29 2011 3:44:32 am)

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#47 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

^this I think.... and the black blocks aren't transparent anymore? D:

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#48 Before February 2015

capasha

Looks like it's exists a energy bug. Got a +15/rare magical coin and refill. Then I looked at my page. Still no refill. I should have 1964 and i have 1949.

Edit: Got fixed when i logged out and logged in again.

Last edited by doh (Jul 29 2011 4:02:50 am)

#49 Before February 2015

Processor

doh wrote:

Looks like it's exists a energy bug. Got a +15/rare magical coin and refill. Then I looked at my page. Still no refill. I should have 1964 and i have 1949.

Fake?

#50 Before February 2015

DK Levels

I can't explain to you how stupid I think Chris and the update is.
I don't know how many of you know my level Obsidian Castle... but now that's dead SINCE THERE IS NO BLOODY CASTLE ANYMORE
30mspih.png
655ulu.png
I'm sorry if Im being out of line here but WHAT THE **** WERE YOU THINKING CHRIS? DOES NOTHING RUN THROUGH YOUR BRAIN ANYMORE?
I didn't think I could hate a person I didn't know... but oh well you proved me wrong.
You also ruined three of my levels, one of which was solidly based on keys, so THANKS FOR RUINING THAT.
YOU ALSO BROKE 100+ MINIGAMES WHICH ALL OF US HAVE TO FIX, BUT I DONT THINK IM GONNA BOTHER.
Till this is fixed, Im out of making levels what so ever, if it isn't , See ya later EE.

jakery 142387766483768

Board footer