Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-08-15 23:26:38

KingFudge

Re: A Riddle For Some Gems? Featuring a 40-Gem Hunt! <<ENDED>>

^^ person has gone mad.

How does Koth connect with this?

#52 2015-08-15 23:29:59

Schlog

Nice signature. Invisible periods and a smiley face.

#53 2015-08-15 23:47:56

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

the account's clue is cleared

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

#54 2015-08-15 23:54:14, last edited by Zoey2070 (2015-08-16 00:06:52)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

marcoantonimsantos wrote:

the account's clue is cleared

it was

<modsnip>

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#55 2015-08-16 00:13:50

Abelysk

If you guys are at the username log-in area and the room name has been scrapped, PM me the e-mail and pass of the account, and then I'll give you your next clue that was supposed to be the name of the world.

#56 2015-08-16 00:24:48

soulrunner

Meh. Got to the second pastebin. I give up. If anyone also wants int room name. PM me the email and pass if anderson is not online and I will respond asap.

l141.gif

#57 2015-08-16 00:38:35, last edited by Grilyon2 (2015-08-16 00:38:56)

Grilyon2

I only get this word: Hentit //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Edit: I give up...

#58 2015-08-16 00:57:54

SmittyW

Fix your url answer at your jello riddle, or at least give us another hint. It doesn't make sense. What does (answer x the number of letters in the answer) mean?

#59 2015-08-16 00:59:24

Schlog

I don't even understand the first riddle. .-.

#60 2015-08-16 01:01:20, last edited by Abelysk (2015-08-16 01:01:51)

Abelysk

SmittyW. wrote:

Fix your url answer at your jello riddle, or at least give us another hint. It doesn't make sense. What does (answer x the number of letters in the answer) mean?

Answer multiplied by the number of letters in the answer...

So let's say the answer was coke. The result would be "cokecokecokecoke".

#61 2015-08-16 01:08:17

Minimania
Moderation Team

f***ing pure substances and homogenous mixtures...

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#62 2015-08-16 01:34:37

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

d9b0a4ccc3.jpg

bazinga

all in all, the riddles were pretty rage-y but it was good

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#63 2015-08-16 01:41:19

Creature

I should have gained 10 gems for being 3-5 seconds from getting code.

This is a false statement.

#64 2015-08-16 01:43:18

Schlog

guide pls

#65 2015-08-16 01:45:45

Minimania
Moderation Team

what did those things have in common

21cZxBv.png

#66 2015-08-16 02:03:00

Kirby

minimania wrote:

what did those things have in common

cO2 h2O jell-O

O

#67 2015-08-16 02:17:40, last edited by Abelysk (2015-08-16 02:23:00)

Abelysk

Here was how the entire process went:

Firstly, the beginning clue was a haiku type of poem. It also referred to a level called "Lethal Lava Labyrinth".

Lethal Lava Labyrinth was the password for the Tumblr blog: haikuee.tumblr.com. You were referred to this site if you followed the instructions. The password was "lethallavalabyrinth". I provided a hint here on the forums that stated that none of the Tumblr passes had spaces between them, and they were all lowercase answers.

Step 2:

Within haikuee.tumblr.com, you were given a Pastebin. There was a mini challenge embedded within it, and you were supposed to shorten the "Version" of the URL "SY0aQwVersion2" down to "SY0aQwV2".

Step 3:

Within that Pastebin, you were given a riddle. The riddle was:

"There were two women who drank from wine glasses. One spilled her drink. The other drank her drink. Both drinks were poisoned. The woman who spilled her wine glass died from poisoning, with shards of the glass stuck in her feet. The other woman survived. Why did this happen?"

The answer was to be connected to the e-mail: The*****had******[email protected]. The answer was "[email protected]", or "the glass had the poison in it". The password referred to my first topic I made: gmail fix. Without any spaces in between, that was to be used as an Everybodyedits profile pass and the e-mail was the username.

Step 4:

Afterwards, you were logged on to an account named "Anotherriddle". Within the home world of that profile, there was another pastebin ID. With attaching, you would receive a proper URL.

Step 5: Within that other URL, there was another riddle:

"Who? What? Where? .dot.? Elephant? Vanes? Ears? Roosters? Yaks? Bats? Ostriches? Ducks? Yippee? Eating? Darky? Instruments? Tea? Space? .dot.? Cats? Octupi? Mice? /slash/? Girrafe? Antlion? Mule? East? Santa? /slash/? Panther? Whale? Very? Jupiter? Under? pajamas? 2? jersey? _underscore_? Saturn? beach? 0? I?.
I.. I don't know what this means, but.... here, let me tell you something. A long time ago, a cat died. A family got sad.
Good luck. Di
Stop reading this. You're reading USEL3SS information. Stop, there's nothing in thi s line. Don't read it. Don't continue. I'm warning you. Don't read t -- his. It's merel-y a distracti0n. You won't get any.thing useful- out of this ..- . -. - .. - . This morse code is fake don't use it, stop! ONly the top questions are true. This is merely a viral facade. Don't stare at it. The horizon is the other way - where you started.

Hint: URL"

You were to entire ignore the bottom piece of gibberish, as stated by the phrase "Stop, there's nothing in thi s line. Don't read it. Don't continue. I'm warning you. Don't read t -- his. It's merel-y a distracti0n. You won't get any.thing useful- out of this"

That nonsensical string of words at the top had an everybodyedits world URL, only if you took the first letter of each word in the string in order. You would then get the URL: everybodyedits.com/games/PWVJUp2j_Sb0I.

Within that world, there was a title named "2 above Gmail fix", implying to look two topics above my first eeforums topic "gmail fix". You would end up on my topic named "Reset option for players".

Step 6: Within that topic, you would have needed to highlight the hidden text to reveal the message. The message read:

"So you found it, huh? Good for you. Here's your next riddle:
A man had 3 ice cubes. One melted into water, one turned into gas, and one didn't melt at all. One was made with H2O, another one was made with CO2, and another one was made with Jello. What do all three substances have in common?
Everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/(answer multiplied by the number of letters in the answer)eefan. For the answer, here is an example. If the answer was "coke", the URL profile name would be "cokecokecokecoke"."

The answer to that was "oeefan". The thing that was common with CO2, H2O, and Jello was "O". Since there was one letter, it stayed as one letter. Oeefan was a profile.

Step 7: The profile had a world named "HJIC1HPB". That was followed by the phrase "pastypasty", referring to Pastebin. Since Pastebin is not capital-sensitive, it did not matter how you capitalized the ID.

Within that Pastebin was a world URL that lead to one of my worlds: "Empty World". Within that world were two signs that had a URL that lead to a topic made by a user named "Painter", and all the way at the right edge of the level was text that suggested the player to view Painter's profile, find one of his 6 posts, and find any of Itsmeandersonlol's post close to Painter's post. Once you found my hidden post, you would see another riddle.

Step 8: Here is the text from my hidden post:

"Psst. What never stops flying, but never moves from our point of view? It rhymes with bye. (Answer)brandon (Do not separate/space the answer from brandon): enter the result on Google images, find the first image, and save the highlighted number value... (Should show someone who's name starts with "Sev") Note: the number value should also include a comma, but do not include the comma for the below instructions.

Paste the number on today's smartest source of information. Open up "Maps" afterwards. Retrieve your location. Also, the location will be a part of a U.S. state. Do not include the U.S. state!

Now, the location is the answer for the next step. Everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/(location)ee
Do not add a space between the location and ee."

What you had to do was retrieve the answer "skybrandon". Sky was the answer to the riddle. If you entered skybrandon into Google Images, you would find this image:

Hidden text

That image provided a number. Within my hidden post, I said to not include the comma for the next instructions. Afterwards, you had to enter the number "13843" into the smartest source of info, the search bar. You would then receive "South New Berlin, NY" afterwards. Now, I also instructed to not include the state (NY) for the profile answer. You also had to have added "ee" to South New Berlin. The profile turned out to become "everybodyedits.com/profiles/southnewberlinee"

Step 9: Once you found the profile, you had to look at the title of that person's home world. It was a Pastebin ID, leading to the Pastebin "http://pastebin.com/zvzytuvg". Within that Paste you had the following text:

"I'm lighter than a grain of rice, but even Hercules can't hold me for more than several minutes. What am I?

+

There are 10 cherries and you take 3 cherries. How many do you have? (Riddle 1 + Riddle 2) (Leave no spaces) (Transfer to ee.com/?/profiles)"

There were two riddles. The first riddle's answer was "Breath" and the second answer was "3". The end result was "everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/breath3".

Step 10: Once on the profile "Breath3", you had to also find the title of the home world. The title was the Pastebin ID "1dga2qk9", leading to the Pastebin "Pastebin.com/1dga2qk9". Once on that Pastebin, the following text was present:

"I lick cows. I hate bananas. What is I? (A ******)

+

iPhone is to Android as Mac is to what? (*******) (Riddle 1 + Analogy 2) (ee.com/?/answer1+2) (leave no spaces between answers)"

The first riddle answer was "letter". The first two parts of the riddle was absolutely nonsensical (that was my intent), and the third part simply asked for the worth of I, which was a letter.

The second was an analogy. iPhone to Android, Mac to Windows. Thus, the answer was Windows. The end result of the profile was "everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/letterwindows".

Step 11: Once inside the profile "Letterwindows", you were given yet another Pastebin ID from the home world title.  You ultimately were lead to the Pastebin "Pastebin.com/pytpxprl". Once inside that Pastebin, you were given the text:

"Going up, going down. To above, to below. I'm present, but I'm past. Wanna go for a ride? Just me and you. What am I?

****** (profile name)"

The answer was "Seesaw", because both words of the compound were both present and past forms of "see".

Step 12: Once inside the profile "everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/seesaw", you had to look at the world title again, leading to the Pastebin "Pastebin.com/efbfp8sn". Within that Pastebin, there was the following text included:

"everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/(key a.k.a. answer 1+2+3+4 in order) (no spaces in between)

- For key #1: opposite of dawn

- For key #2: si*i*

- For key #3: Which word is shorter when added two letters?

- For key #4: The second key ditto."

You had to connect all four "keys", or words to form a full profile. For key #1, the opposite of dawn was dusk.
For key #2, the only word with those letters and arrangement was "sigil".
For key #3, the answer was "short".
For key #4, the answer was a copy or ditto of key #2, "sigil." The end result was "everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/dusksigilshortsigil"

Step 13: Once inside the profile, you were to find another Pastebin ID from the home world title, leading to the Pastebin "Pastebin.com/bduspa0f". Inside that Pastebin, there was the following text:

"For this next riddle, you will need to take the answer and use it as an ID for a world. The world contains a password for the Tumblr blog "prequisitory.tumblr.com".

To obtain the ID to this world, solve this:

PassWordpAINfRANCE7Yes-gREAT_HugbLANKUnifyIsland (Hint: lower -> upper, upper -> lower)"

The Tumblr was locked, so to get the password, you would need to find a URL of a world containing the Tumblr password.

To solve the URL puzzle, you had to recognize each letter, and delete each remaining letter off of each word, for example: "PassWord from the beginning turned into "PW" because "booty" and "ord" were lowercase versions of the beginning letters, so they were deleted. Meanwhile, the words "pAIN" and "fRANCE" were also stripped, with "p" and "f" remaining, since "AIN" and "RANCE" were uppercase from the letters. With enough time, the entire URL of the world was revealed.

Step 14: Once inside the world provided by the URL, there was small little staircase that lead to a sign that read "newfoundhomeland". That was the password for the Tumblr blog, prequisitory.tumblr.com.

Step 15: Once inside that Tumblr, you were given the following text:

"You’re almost there. You’re dripping with sweat, you’re having a swell time, you’re co-operating with others (or not). “I need those darn ol’ $4!” You say. Why else would you be doing this?

There, my riddle has been given. Enjoy! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Just kidding. Here’s the tumblr blog containing the code. Enjoy!
codeforee.tumblr.com

P.S. To get the password, combine the URL with the CONCEPT of this: http://textmechanic.com/Reverse-Text-Generator.html "

The password for the Tumblr blog "codeforee.tumblr.com" was "moc.rlbmut.eerofedoc", since it was based off of the concept of reversing text.

Step 16: The final step was to grab the Gem code from the Tumblr blog, which finally lead to your 40 Gems.

Wooted by: (7)

#68 2015-08-16 03:02:07

Minimania
Moderation Team

It was "O"!? FFFFFFFF*************************

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#69 2015-08-16 03:18:21

hummerz5

I knew that, too. But I tried "ooooeefan" because screw logic.

#70 2015-08-16 03:21:28

Anch

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

"everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/breath3"

I don't know why but I find this incredibly funny.
breath3
HAHAHAHAHA

#71 2015-08-16 04:09:20

Kirby

I could've been so far ahead

i typed oanswereefan, oxanswereefan, answeroeefan, answerxoeefan, and none of them worked of course.

Right when that one seesaw riddle started, seesaw was probably the 3rd word I thought of, but I didn't check because I thought, "nah, that makes no sense"

All in all, rip me.

Wooted by:

#72 2015-08-16 10:06:52

Ben

oh crap I totally forgot about this haha

Wooted by: (2)

#73 2015-08-17 01:58:08

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

Who won?