Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-07 09:56:23

Luka504

An ability to save your proggress.

Now that the campaign maps are going to be released soon,there should be an ability to save your proggress.Now as i see theres gonna be a lot of hard/extreme maps,and im fine with it and maybe even playing them for a few hours just trying to beat them,but what if i ever need to leave the world before im done?Its gonna make me and a lot of players really frustrated,especcaly if you made it quite far into it.
But thats where the save feature comes in.In campaign maps you can save whenever you like  and once you come back you continue on the spot you saved in.

,,When life gives you lemons,squeeze them in someones eyes,,       -Probably the President

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (5)

#2 2015-08-07 10:22:35

Kangxp

Re: An ability to save your proggress.

drstereos wrote:

could we also have this in non-campaign maps?

i think the problem with non-campaign maps is that by "save" it is assumed that the position of the smiley is saved.
when saving in non-campaign maps and the maps get edited you can get stuck in a block placed after you save in that world
campaign maps work because no one can edit the world and this ensures that there is little possibility of getting stuck in a block.

derp
go watch mlp
everyone will be proud of u
just search "mlp sweep"

Wooted by:

#3 2015-08-07 11:39:18

Nou

We considered this when making the campaigns, but we're not doing it. We decided to go full hardcore old-fashioned EE; no saves, beat the level in 1 sitting or afk for a few hours if you have to. If you want your rewards, better fight for it!

No u.

#4 2015-08-07 11:51:41

rgl32

Saves would just be a bad idea in general. the only levels where you would use them are specifically hard for that reason, it takes time. doing hard levels aren't hard because you can do minis (there are some exceptions to this, but not many) separately, they are hard because you have to do them together, which includes some fatigue. And to be honest, hard levels can be done pretty fast, just don't expect it the first time you play it, every time you have to rejoin, it should be faster because if you understood what is happening in the minis, then it should take less time to get back to where you left off.

Wooted by:

#5 2015-08-07 13:28:53

Luka504

rgl32 wrote:

Saves would just be a bad idea in general. the only levels where you would use them are specifically hard for that reason, it takes time. doing hard levels aren't hard because you can do minis (there are some exceptions to this, but not many) separately, they are hard because you have to do them together, which includes some fatigue. And to be honest, hard levels can be done pretty fast, just don't expect it the first time you play it, every time you have to rejoin, it should be faster because if you understood what is happening in the minis, then it should take less time to get back to where you left off.

Thats ok but still you dont want to do all those minis all over again just to reach where you left off,again,especcaly if you made it quite far in the game.

#6 2015-08-07 13:41:53

logothetis
Website

Yes.The first level of compaign is EX CREW ODDYSEY,one of the hardest levels in EE.It may take hours to finish that level

everybody_edits_sword_fight_by_echokai-d5qr01m.gif
Credits To Echo

#7 2015-08-07 13:48:20

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

And what about accidental internet disconnection?

#8 2015-08-07 13:51:16

logothetis
Website

I don't know

everybody_edits_sword_fight_by_echokai-d5qr01m.gif
Credits To Echo

#9 2015-08-07 15:33:15

Creature

I suggest the first map of campaign don't be one of the hardest levels.

This is a false statement.

#10 2015-08-07 16:19:30

skullz17

There will probably be more than one campaign on launch, so just play the easy ones. If not, then they will definitely be added in the future.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#11 2015-08-07 16:31:45

Muftwin

heres the actual objective reason this wouldnt work that has no solution:

you can use saving and coming back as means to reset your velocity to 0 which creates exploits that werent there before

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2015-08-07 16:44:09

skullz17

Muftwin wrote:

you can use saving and coming back as means to reset your velocity to 0 which creates exploits that werent there before

Never thought of that. Clever.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#13 2015-08-07 16:56:10

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

Or the staff can add some kind off ''universal checkpoint'' that when the player touch it and exit the world, and come back his progress will be saved

Krosis.gif

Wooted by:

#14 2015-08-07 17:23:25

Different55
Forum Admin

skullz17 wrote:
Muftwin wrote:

What if your velocity has to be 0 before you can save and leave, or if it stores your velocity as well as your position?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#15 2015-08-07 18:11:00, last edited by skullz17 (2015-08-07 18:11:30)

skullz17

Different55 wrote:
skullz17 wrote:
Muftwin wrote:

What if your velocity has to be 0 before you can save and leave, or if it stores your velocity as well as your position?

I think the first one you said is better. idk why I believed muftwin when he said there's no solution.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#16 2015-08-22 05:23:19

imgood9

goodsmile wrote:

And what about accidental internet disconnection?

I know this is a somewhat old thread but the idea is still relevant

I like the idea of a "hardcore EE" style in which you have to complete the world in one sitting, but I don't think that having a lapse in internet connection would be fair to those who worked hard on getting to, say mini 11 on EX Crew's Forgotten Veil and have to start over because of something out of their control.

A workaround to this would be to have an accidental disconnection lead to saving the player's spot for about five to ten minutes, enough time for them to attempt to solve their issue without being penalized by having their progress wiped. It's long enough to allow for leeway regarding a lapse in connection or accidentally clicking "Go To Lobby", but short enough for players to know that this will not save their spot if they want to disconnect and go eat or sign off for the day.

A bit of a necrobump but I wanted this idea to go out there.

#17 2015-08-22 05:38:12

Kirby

logothetis wrote:

Yes.The first level of compaign is EX CREW ODDYSEY,one of the hardest levels in EE.It may take hours to finish that level

logothetis wrote:

EX CREW ODDYSEY,one of the hardest levels in EE.It may take hours

logothetis wrote:

one of the hardest levels in EE

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLLOOLOLOLOL

also, maybe only the FFS mission should have special checkpoints that the mods place every 5 minis? They could be red, and when rejoining the world, you could get the option to A: join from that checkpoint
B: Join from the start
C: Join from the start forever, it doesn't ask again

also, they only appear on campaign

#18 2015-08-22 06:32:11

Aoitenshi

How about a 5-minute save? If internet derps, you don't instantly lose progress, which would be a good thing.

#19 2015-08-22 09:29:37

Nou

Hmmm, a temporary checkpoint is not that bad of an idea. However, everything would have to be stored, from number of coins to what gates are triggered, as well as anticheat data. Not sure if this is possible. Plus, if you're alone in a world and you disconnect then, the data is wiped from the world as well, which is another issue.

Good suggestion there, we'll look into it and discuss it. We may still decide against it, so don't get your hopes up just yet.

No u.

#20 2015-08-22 09:37:54

Luka504

Nou wrote:

Hmmm, a temporary checkpoint is not that bad of an idea. However, everything would have to be stored, from number of coins to what gates are triggered, as well as anticheat data. Not sure if this is possible. Plus, if you're alone in a world and you disconnect then, the data is wiped from the world as well, which is another issue.

Good suggestion there, we'll look into it and discuss it. We may still decide against it, so don't get your hopes up just yet.

Im preety sure its possible,tons of other games do it just fine,i pretty sure you can code it into ee.Bring a friend to the campaing map,or have a friend drop an alt account in there.
,,We'll discuss it,,  Yup  automatic not gonna happen since nou doesent give a care.

#21 2015-08-22 14:46:18

Creature

Why not a system that detects if the player disconnected or not?

This is a false statement.

#22 2015-08-22 17:22:32

Different55
Forum Admin

Luka504 wrote:
Nou wrote:

Im preety sure its possible,tons of other games do it just fine,i pretty sure you can code it into ee.Bring a friend to the campaing map,or have a friend drop an alt account in there.
,,We'll discuss it,,  Yup  automatic not gonna happen since nou doesent give a care.

Yes, the person in power who was set against it before appears to be wavering so obviously the next course of action is to act like he was lying about it possibly getting in or even being discussed at all like what.

Creature wrote:

Why not a system that detects if the player disconnected or not?

It'd be pretty easy to fake, although I'm not sure how useful that'd be since it would only last for a few minutes anyway.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Different551440260552533287

Board footer