Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Dear EX Crew - A (Peaceful) Letter Of Anger And Angryness

Dear EX Crew,

When I first played Fall of Zeal, I didn't really understand it. I liked it, though. I was being introduced to some unique minis that I had never experienced before. I had some help on most of them, but the rest I beasted. Man, those days were great. When I was a n00b and didn't know a thing about being pro.

Then I cam across Rainbow Roadrage. This was a much different experience because it put me into a proffesional's situation. Again, I had some help, but less than I did on Fall of Zeal. I was bossing through the minis, but had to quit at the spinny one (Wall breaker style) because of my bedtime. I think Nou or MIHB was there to account for my disappearence.

Anyway.. Throughout the year I've seen EX Cre grow from awesome level makers, to expert physics rapests(Hope that doesn't scar your names..). I loved everything about the new maps and the art was overwhelming. Though Dark City and Lightspeed have similar art, it didn't really matter what your maps looked like. Whenever a new one would come out I'd play it. And I'd even play old maps.

But now the real problem came to my attention. During a gameplay of Are You A God, I was doing pretty good. Then that small room where you're turned left and have to do your infamous sly jump really burnt me bad. I got furious at it. I'm okay now, but it still bugs me.

So I'm here to inform you that although your minis aren't impossible, it shouldn't take an average user over 9000(!!!) f---ing times just to complete a single mini. Even when they do pass it it'll be like 1hr into the future. Not everyone is a professional, so stop making minis that only you and famous peeps can perfect. I really hope you guys realize this problem that's occuring all over your maps. Your other maps are fine, but the EX Pro maps are just rediculous.

Although I know it takes time to practice such talents in your minis, it just bugs me that no one has spoken up like this before. Someone should have said something before. Why is it me? I don't know. But just know that I will refuse to play any further pro maps unless you turn them into actual pro maps. The 'pro' maps you have up should be titled "EX Crazy Insane Freak Maztor Expert".

And one last thing: I especially will stay away from your pro maps now that the physics have changed. They may have reverted closely, but there are still some bugs that make your maps   a lot more unnacceptable.

Please understand my concern and reply asap.

~Sincerely A Concerned Member,
~~TrappedTime

Last edited by TrappedTime (Aug 6 2011 8:54:03 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

Re: Dear EX Crew - A (Peaceful) Letter Of Anger And Angryness

Your just pretty much (IMO) saying your not good enough to do The EX Pro maps.
EDIT: And Other players

Last edited by ThuggishPrune (Aug 6 2011 8:59:59 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

supadorf24

EX Pro is the hardest brand of maps they make; average-to-good players aren't supposed to be able to complete them.

#4 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

This is an angry letter to EX Crew. Not the forum members.
But whatever.
Your opinions //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#5 Before February 2015

Calicara

I would say this letter should be rephrased as:

Dear EX Crew,

First you state your argument
       I'm not good enough to beat your maps. This minigames are too hard for me.

You make your point across
       Will you make then easier?

You contradict youself
       They are fun and original.

Then you ask again
       Will you make it so n00bs can get passed them too?

Then you say you are only trying to be nice but you really just want them to make the minis easier because you cannot get past them
       I am not trying to be mean but can you make them slightly easier?

From,
                                                                                                                                                                      TrappedTime

#6 Before February 2015

Master1

they won't make them easy it gives us pros a fun challenge and anyways are you a god was too easy of a level, except room 15 thats the only hard one)

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#7 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I'd say that the old message in that illusion map (I can't remember the name) was pretty accurate. Not necessarily for that level, but for EX pro maps in general.

It went something like this
"~~~~~~ ~~~~~ lies
All is deceit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"
There was that shocking line at the end:

"Difficulty: Cruel"
How apt.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#8 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

physics rapists.

lol.

I think I'll use that.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#9 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Hi, I am a member of Ex Crew, and I am a Physics Rapist.
I think that in the end, trappedtime, you're just mad that you aren't good enough to beat Ex Crew's maps.

#10 Before February 2015

DK Levels

The point of such maps is that it gives players more of a challenge.
Some are better than others, so if you are a really good player it wouldn't be fun for you just to breeze through every map, I think everyone enjoys a challenge... if not, no one is forcing you to play it.
'It shouldn't take an average user 9000 times to do the mini' , maps like AYAG for example weren't made so the average user can pass them...
There is a variety of maps in EE some of which you will complete and some of which you will fail, therefore you shouldn't be sad because you can't complete them. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#11 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Greenzoid2 wrote:

I think that in the end, trappedtime, you're just mad that you aren't good enough to beat Ex Crew's maps.

I understand where he's coming from.   He feels that the difficulty of the maps are too high even for players considered "pro" by others.   But I detect a hint of butthurtiness in his words, which makes me think.   I think you're half right, Greenzoid2, and half that EX makes maps that are harder than their "Pro" classification.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#12 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Guys you're not really seeing the point of this letter, are you.
The real meaning lies on the letter.

It has nothing to do with EX Crew... I just sort of wanted to say that lol.

#13 Before February 2015

RavaTroll

Well, first of all, you should know that even if I'm an EX Crew member, I haven't finished all the EX maps.
Then, the maps were made for the old physics, so if you tried them with the new <censored> physics, it may be really harder. Or even impossible.
For AYAG, I can tell you this level was made to be the hardest EE level ever. It was definitly not meant to be played by everybody.

But I'm "the artist", so I can't really help you with gameplay on the levels.
( I can just tell you the clouds I made in AYAG are ugly. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink )

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#14 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Wait a second...

Topic Title wrote:

Dear EX Crew

Recent Post wrote:

It has nothing to do with EX Crew

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#15 Before February 2015

treejoe4

If you cant do it dont do it, your way of thinking is like saying we should make the olympics easier.

#16 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Your minis are impossible
It has nothing to do with EX Crew

So stop commenting about the letter. That's not even 90% true ;P
I'm not a person who'd actually write a legit angry letter to someone else for making hard levels. I really enjoy EX Crew's levels. I, in fact, want the minis to be more challenging.

What you're (still) not understanding is what I'm truly trying to convey.
The meaning of this letter lies on top of the letter.

Have fun thinking about it...

Last edited by TrappedTime (Aug 7 2011 8:30:57 am)

#17 Before February 2015

Muffin

You're talking about the new physics to the admins, aren't you...

#18 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Trapped Time wrote:

The true meaning lies at the top of the letter.

The top of the letter discusses how you liked to be a noob.   So are you saying you want to be a noob again?!

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#19 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

I didn't say it was at the top of the letter.

And what if I am talking about the new physics to the admins?
Does that bother you? Would you like to know what we're discussing?

NON-EDIT: 500th post.

#20 Before February 2015

Shift

Seriously, you're just going to get on everyone's bad side. Reveal the point of this topic, oh exalted one.

#21 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

He's trying to say that hard does NOT mean fun. It's possible for a map to be TOO hard.

And from what I can tell, I don't think we'll see a level from EX in a while.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#22 Before February 2015

Kirby

um, EX crew is sposed to be hard, ex pro is sposed to be crazy hard
in the EX crew AYAG topic, it stated that harder minis are usally sposed to be 2 hours

i said sposed alot pFhcd.png

#23 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I understand that you are trying to worship EX crew and spread concern but all I read from that letter is someone trying to convey the feeling of failure which is happening when you are playing EX Crew's rooms.
I've never played an ex crew level, so I am just going to assume it is difficult.
Also, I'm sure there isn't much of a difference if you decide not to play EX Crew levels, I think I speak for the owners of EX Crew when I say: "Nobody will notice a difference if you do not play, nor will they care."

tl;dr: just because you fail at the levels, doesn't mean the levels should be modified. I mean, if you don't like the levels then don't play them. Oh and don't even try to make a whimsical notice that you'll never play them again if there isn't going to be a considerably large impact.

Complaining about EX Crew's levels being too hard is like complaining about a room called "crowns everywhere" not having any crowns. There doesn't need to be crowns, there isn't going to be any deprived people from it, either like it and play it, or leave it in your imagination of rubble.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#24 Before February 2015

Rurigok

In the future, please refrain from making topics simply to say that you can't beat EX Crew maps.   Try posting on their topic or their rooms topic if you have a problem with them.

TrappedTime 142387906882364

Board footer