Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tails Doll

So an idea for Beta accounts (petition)

This is somewhat old now.

I heard somebody mention how "Beta" accounts were actually premium. It's true though. There are still bugs with the portals, but everybody has them. Beta aren't really doing there job, a lot of people have beta just because they want the smilies, blocks, and three saved worlds.

I say that Chris should turn Beta into premium. Then he could create a REAL beta program, one that tested updates, mechanics, new physics. I believe that "Beta" should be allowed to do its   job. That is beta test and report bug.
Beta is currently testing out "checkered backgrounds." I'm sure that a bunch of pixels will have a bug in them.
RPGMaster2000, please tell Chris to have Beta the Beta program test updates before they are released to free accounts.

Sign below if you believe that Chris should pass on major updates like this one onto the Beta program before releasing it to the general public.

Last edited by Tails Doll (Aug 3 2011 9:55:04 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Bimps

Re: So an idea for Beta accounts (petition)

True, And I would love to get stuff early AND test stuff for cool bugs //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

But, I won't sign it. They get more stuff because they donated to help chris. So Lock this. Btw,
in-before-the-lock.jpg

Last edited by Bimps (Jul 30 2011 10:46:20 am)

#3 Before February 2015

No. The game is still on Beta... VNrAE.png
And I HATE games where you have to pay money to get the cool stuff...

Last edited by 0176 (Jul 30 2011 10:55:40 am)

#4 Before February 2015

Tails Doll

^^^

elaborate on that

#5 Before February 2015

Tails Doll wrote:

^^^

elaborate on that

We don't have much things to make premium now, i think that when the game is released (a.k.a 1.0) there will be more stuff.

Last edited by 0176 (Jul 30 2011 10:57:41 am)

#6 Before February 2015

Tails Doll

I believe that there's plenty to "make premium." Sure, Premium/Beta would still get all of the new stuff before free accounts. And even if Beta is changed to premium, Beta should still test out updates before they are released to free accounts. That's mostly what I'm saying

#7 Before February 2015

Tails Doll wrote:

I believe that there's plenty to "make premium." Sure, Premium/Beta would still get all of the new stuff before free accounts. And even if Beta is changed to premium, Beta should still test out updates before they are released to free accounts. That's mostly what I'm saying

Then the only things that would be Premium now would be the 6 beta smileys and blocks...

Last edited by 0176 (Jul 30 2011 11:06:54 am)

#8 Before February 2015

Tails Doll

Premium would still get the blocks and smilies before free accounts, they just wouldn't have to deal with the new updates, as Beta should. (Plus, the new Beta wouldn't pay for testing out updates, as they would get nothing premium)

#9 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Tails Doll wrote:

Beta is currently testing out "checkered backgrounds." I'm sure that a bunch of pixels will have a bug in them.

256 Pixels.
And as I can never pay for anything, I don't really care about beta.

#10 Before February 2015

Tails Doll wrote:

Premium would still get the blocks and smilies before free accounts, they just wouldn't have to deal with the new updates, as Beta should. (Plus, the new Beta wouldn't pay for testing out updates, as they would get nothing premium)

What do you mean by "deal with the new updates"?

#11 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Turn Beta into Premium... is this really a necessity?

signature.png
*u stinky*

#12 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

No.   Beta was intended as a form of Premium, where we were intended to be like game testers: we sit around and break the game, then report it and it gets fixed before everyone can get it.   But now, we break the game, report it, then EVERYONE breaks the game and no one gets it fixed for months.   Maybe Peter will see this game for what it is: unfinished.   Maybe he'll give us what we paid for: testing features before anyone else.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#13 Before February 2015

catking00

I have background and if you put it on a portal it has an 80% chance to change directions and go to another portal if there are other ones. i have portals that lead nowhere and i put background on it and it disappeared. all the rest it lead somewhere.

#14 Before February 2015

Tails Doll

Orton is the only guy here who even has a clue what I'm talking about. And he's right. Things are dysfunctional right now. Lets change that.

#15 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Somewhere else, I wrote:

Being a Beta member and having the privilege of testing things before free members no longer seems like Beta testing, but rather as having a Premium package. When a new feature is released for Beta members, and a bug is found, the feature is released into the non-paying client without being fixed. This seems silly, considering Beta members are supposed to be testing and helping fix features before they become public. Beta is Premium; there is no "testing" involved in being a Beta member.

#16 Before February 2015

Betaguy

^True, we dont actually need "beta" testers, there are lots of ppl reporting bugs everyday here...

Last edited by Betaguy (Jul 30 2011 12:56:50 pm)

#17 Before February 2015

Tails Doll

Hence, my idea.

#18 Before February 2015

Calicara

I like this idea. I don't think this topic should be locked. I completely agree that all beta is now is a like being premium. I do think beta should be changed to premium, then there can be premium players, and beta players. Bets players test out new features before anyone else sees them. If approved premium players get the features first, then after a while everyone else gets them.

Brilliantly said Tails Doll.

#19 Before February 2015

rob1nfly

Failgirl101 wrote:

I like this idea. I don't think this topic should be locked. I completely agree that all beta is now is a like being premium. I do think beta should be changed to premium, then there can be premium players, and beta players. Bets players test out new features before anyone else sees them. If approved premium players get the features first, then after a while everyone else gets them.

Brilliantly said Tails Doll.

I fully agree. This is a goood idea.

#20 Before February 2015

wiktor2

I guess you're right.

#21 Before February 2015

Oh, I understand it now. jFAMA.png

Last edited by 0176 (Jul 30 2011 1:48:04 pm)

#22 Before February 2015

Infinity7

This thread should be in game suggestions

#23 Before February 2015

Bimps

I still don't like this

#24 Before February 2015

Tails Doll

Thanks, FailGirl! Your explanation was much more simple and understandable than mine.

#25 Before February 2015

Calicara

It was only because of your idea though. I see your point and I totally agree. If we had people to beta test the new physics all this commotion might not have happened.

All I see now is people paying money for premium. As you said all we are beta testing is a bunch of pixels.

Tails Doll 142387912082312

Board footer