Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-23 11:47:46

ILoveBaconYUM

Re: The impact of EE on us, a community.

I thought about this before and from what I've worked out I believe I can safely assume that the general majority of the long term players are autistic, even if they don't realise it. I'm busy now, but I'll talk about it more later.

#2 2015-06-23 13:13:17

Moukdaboss
Banned

Thuggishprune wrote:

He's played 7 years and I 6

LIARRRRRR ee has been around since March 2010

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

Wooted by:

#3 2015-06-23 13:24:55

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Moukdaboss wrote:
Thuggishprune wrote:

No it's been around since 2009...
7 years, no.
6 years, possible.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#4 2015-06-23 13:30:41, last edited by Kangxp (2015-06-23 13:31:11)

Kangxp

BuzzerBee wrote:
Moukdaboss wrote:
Thuggishprune wrote:

7 years, no.
6 years, possible.

Perhaps you two [your friend and you] meant 6 and 5 years respectively?

derp
go watch mlp
everyone will be proud of u
just search "mlp sweep"

#5 2015-06-23 14:14:47

Different55
Forum Admin

;_; this is the most beautiful thing I've read all day.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2015-06-23 15:02:50

blizzard

BuzzerBee wrote:
Moukdaboss wrote:
Thuggishprune wrote:

7 years, no.
6 years, possible.

Maybe Platform Sandbox but not ee. It started around July 2010 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral you big nub.

Wooted by:

#7 2015-06-23 15:36:19

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Multiplayer Platform World is still considered EE in my opinion, "you big nub"

TdQRyz3.png

Wooted by:

#8 2015-06-23 16:09:14, last edited by Moukdaboss (2015-06-23 16:09:28)

Moukdaboss
Banned

BuzzerBee wrote:
Moukdaboss wrote:
Thuggishprune wrote:

7 years, no.
6 years, possible.

It was just ee's 5th bday

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

#9 2015-06-23 17:02:17

BEE

ILoveBaconYUM wrote:

I thought about this before and from what I've worked out I believe I can safely assume that the general majority of the long term players are autistic, even if they don't realise it. I'm busy now, but I'll talk about it more later.

I had a similar theory, but evidence seems to point otherwise. I had about ten people take an online screening test for autism and out of the ten, only one scored in the upper range. Of course the test requires the people to be truthful (both with the questions and sharing the score with me) but they have no reason to lie. (For those that are curious,  short test can be found ( http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism-quiz.htm and a longer test can be found http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm ).

As for the 5/6 year thing, I think he just calculated wrong by one year, no biggie.

Nice post though Prune.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#10 2015-06-23 17:28:45

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I have noticed that a lot of people that play the game have issues with their emotions, but I don't see a lot of autism in the community.

It seems a lot of people either started playing EE, or keep playing because of depression.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (3)

#11 2015-06-23 17:46:18, last edited by ZeldaXD (2015-06-23 17:59:19)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

BuzzerBee wrote:
Moukdaboss wrote:
Thuggishprune wrote:

7 years, no.
6 years, possible.

It has been around since 1st March 2010 under the name of "Multiplayer Platformworld".

gLjTZE1.png

#12 2015-06-23 19:45:36

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

ZeldaXD wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:
Moukdaboss wrote:
Thuggishprune wrote:

7 years, no.
6 years, possible.

It has been around since 1st March 2010 under the name of "Multiplayer Platformworld".

It says "uploaded" March 2010 but is that when it was first published or last updated?

Thuggishprune wrote:

I wrote this out at 4:30 in the morning. I must've been wrong in the years. I like how everybody has missed the point of why I wrote this, and just pointed a simple error I made.

Only one person pointed it out and the rest debated it. I for one didn't miss the point but didn't have anything else to say because you pretty much said it all. Therefore I continued the date discussion.

TdQRyz3.png

#13 2015-06-23 19:54:06, last edited by ZeldaXD (2015-06-23 19:58:53)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

BuzzerBee wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:
Moukdaboss wrote:
Thuggishprune wrote:

7 years, no.
6 years, possible.

It says "uploaded" March 2010 but is that when it was first published or last updated?

Uploaded means uploaded.

Also, for even more reference, this is of when Benjaminsen was asking for ideas and he created the very first version called "Blitwalker", so yeah, this is where the game oficially was born. Still 2010.

gLjTZE1.png

#14 2015-06-23 20:17:01

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

ZeldaXD wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:
Moukdaboss wrote:

7 years, no.
6 years, possible.

Uploaded means uploaded.

Also, for even more reference, this is of when Benjaminsen was asking for ideas and he created the very first version called "Blitwalker", so yeah, this is where the game oficially was born. Still 2010.

Uploaded could also mean when the latest SWF version was uploaded.
But now I see that it's 2010. So no debating anymore, let Prune have his topic

TdQRyz3.png

#15 2015-06-23 21:19:49

Zumza

Diff maybe eeforumify can annex to a mental medical forum, in order to make the bill lower. And help us pass our severe depression.
At least this is what I want for Christmas this year.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by: (2)

#16 2015-06-23 21:32:15, last edited by Zoey2070 (2016-11-27 03:24:41)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Alright, since we have indeed discovered that EE has, in fact, existed since 2010, and not before, let's talk about this. For real. On-topic.

I've played EE for a little over five years, as far as I can figure. We can all agree that, yes, it's a fairly stupid (and simple) game, and I have no idea why any of us have played it this long.

As for whether we're all angsty people with really serious issues, that remains up for debate -- I am pretty sure there is at least one normal, well-adjusted person who has played EE for a few years. Who it is? I dunno. For me, EE was just like... a replacement for Starcraft, which I quit because it stopped being fun after drama and really bad mistakes.
I stayed because of one of the first "bots" -- EE Animator, because that was new, and interesting, and I wanted to know how. Joined a chat, stayed because as close to friends as I am capable of having, whatever, now it's 2015 and I still play EE. I've seen people come and go, and the years have sort of blurred together. I'm not going to say EE made a huge impact on my life and saved me or whatever, because all it's ever really been was a way to pass the time, and I stay because it's a habit that formed when I was bored, and stayed because I still get bored. Often. Do I have close friends from EE? I guess. You're all mostly nice people and I like seeing your usernames. (also if there's one thing that's changed in 5 years, it's that i can't be sentimental)

BEE wrote:
ILoveBaconYUM wrote:

I had a similar theory, but evidence seems to point otherwise. I had about ten people take an online screening test for autism and out of the ten, only one scored in the upper range...

i wonder who that was
cough

tl;dr: I agree, EE's main selling point is the community.

oh yeah moved to general discussion since we are kind of discussing EE

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#17 2015-06-23 21:50:08

Evilbunny

ILoveBaconYUM wrote:

I mean, I've been playing since December 2010 and I don't have any mental health issues. I just play because I get bored and like this game. When I was younger I liked playing because it was simple and fun. I liked making worlds and then watching people go through them. I liked joining worlds and helping people, or beating them in boss to code levels. EE wasn't an escape or whatever for me, it was just a way to spend my time. I felt like I was actually accomplishing something and entertaining myself at the same time, so I kept playing.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by:

#18 2015-06-23 21:50:59

ktostam450

Everybody Edits had not a chance to help me with my issues because, fortunately, I didn't have any issues in the time range when I played this game. But I made friends here, and it's great //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#19 2015-06-23 22:14:07

Surfbro

For me i used EE to recover myself from a drama and stressful game filled of some terrible people that were bullies or just plain rude.
*Cough* minecraft

Ps: I like the story.

ZS7JxlU.png?1

#20 2015-06-23 22:26:28

Mylo
Master Developer

Had the idea to make a survey about ee & emotions, if you want to you can take it here: http://goo.gl/forms/9TwT88UqKx

#21 2015-06-23 22:50:02

Aaro54

Yes
We are all completly insane

To be more serious, i was bullied at school around when I first found EE, so that may have made me play it longer? I met a bunch of great friends in this game, with some still being close friends to me. I guess those might be related, but to be honest I can't remember if I specifically played EE to relax when I was bullied.

#22 2015-06-23 23:02:35

Anch

The only reason why I'm playing this game is because I have nothing better to do.
I need a life.
Also I'm not mentally insane.

#23 2015-06-24 00:38:24, last edited by Calicara (2015-06-24 02:30:34)

Calicara

I've never been officially diagnosed with any disorders, but I can say for certain when I did start EE it was because I had social anxiety. Yes, I am overweight and have felt insecure about it for years, hence why I don't post my picture. Yet EE gave me a chance to look past that. While I was bullied in school, EE became sort of a safe haven. And I know I haven't always been the best person in terms of attitude, but I have come far since I first joined in 2010. Now that I'm going to be a senior in college, I don't have the same anxieties I did before, and I also finally decided to do something about my weight. Since this past March I've lost 16 pounds, and I'm still working hard. Had I not played EE in 2010 things might have turned out differently, but I don't regret it for a moment.

If there's one thing that keeps me tied to this community it's not the game, but the people who play it.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by:

#24 2015-06-24 02:18:42, last edited by Abelysk (2015-06-24 02:19:34)

Abelysk

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
BEE wrote:
ILoveBaconYUM wrote:

I had a similar theory, but evidence seems to point otherwise. I had about ten people take an online screening test for autism and out of the ten, only one scored in the upper range. Of course the test requires the people to be truthful (both with the questions and sharing the score with me) but they have no reason to lie. (For those that are curious,  short test can be found ( http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism-quiz.htm and a longer test can be found http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm ).

As for the 5/6 year thing, I think he just calculated wrong by one year, no biggie.

Nice post though Prune.

I scored a 21 on that test - according to the test, it seems I have a likely issuance of Autism, albeit slight on the spectrum I think. I am also bipolar, so perhaps my bipolar symptoms got mixed up into the questions... maybe not.

My brother and sister trashed Everybody Edits, but as soon as my eyes set on EE, I was hooked.

Wooted by:

#25 2015-06-24 02:30:12

This might sound pathetic but this is actually really true for a lot of us, including old socially anxious me.

Insanity1435495816516876

Board footer