Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-03 21:06:08, last edited by Xenonetix (2015-06-03 21:08:19)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

MegaLamb's Feedback On Trello Suggestions

Hi all! Thanel brought me to the attention of the Trello site where many EE suggestions are made, and I thought I'd give my feedback on the majority of them. I've bolded the ones I like most:

https://trello.com/b/3jeyQFEC/everybody-edits-ideas

"Add Players By Username" - Despite being the most popular suggestion, it would just result in lots of people being spammed friend requests. I disagree.

"Timed Doors With Customizable Intervals" - Excellent suggestion, although I'm certain this should not be longer than 20 seconds, and probably not even more than 10 seconds.

"World Bookmarks" - Effectively a favourite worlds list. Sounds good to me, and can't see a downside.

"Water Currents" - My suggestion to update this suggestion would just be to make the water blocks rotatable, changing the gravity depending on the direction of rotation.

"Increase Word Amount In Chat Messages" - Although I agree with this, I don't think the increase needs to be by much. It's currently 80 characters, and I think Twitter length of 140 would suffice.

"Placeable Edit Zones" - Honestly, I don't really see the benefit of this. People will just be drawing inappropriate stuff in other people's worlds all the time.

"Orange Global Switches" - Why orange? I like the idea of global switches though.

"NPC block" - I've discussed this in the past. I like the idea of an enemy spawner similar to Minecraft, but adding AI to EE is a little counter-intuitive to the game's purpose.

"Crew System In Lobby" - I have no strong feelings either way about this.

"Block to Reset Coins" - I like this one. Would make shops a lot more realistic to build in EE.

"Block to Reset Deaths" - Less keen on this one, but I can understand why some people would want it.

"Improved Smiley Menu" - As someone who rarely changes his smiley ever, I'm not particularly bothered either way about this one.

"Command Block" - Primarily for programmers, who don't really need it. I disagree.

"Race Doors" - For timing players. I like this idea, but there would be limited applications.

"Free Edit World Option" - Just open an open world then? I disagree.

"No Caps Blocker In Chat" - I'm conflicted on this one. I definitely think it needs improvement, because it's currently way too limiting. Personally, I would like it if were to just make it all lowercase if it's ALL in caps.

"Another Piano Octave" - The current suggestion is to have 1 octave higher than currently. I would prefer having A to A around the current range (3 more notes below, 9 more notes above).

"Whitelist" - I'd prefer just a "Friends Only" entry option into worlds. A crew system would also solve this problem I guess.

"Physics Bricks" - Ice blocks were in and removed, and will be returning somehow. I think that's good. I'd also like moving conveyor belts. Sticky would be annoying (as mud currently is).

"Cut, Copy, Paste, Eyedropper, and Fill Tools" - Eyedropper has kind of been added, although it would be more beneficial on the minimap. Fill has been rejected. Cut, Copy, and Paste would be good, especially for music.

"Remember Quick Bar Blocks" - Good primarily for bossing I think. Either way, the current selection is quite lame with the increasing block options.

"Admin System" - On a per world basis, I think this would be fine.

"Ban System" - Same as above. There shouldn't be an option to ban from all of one's worlds. If you really want to do that, put the effort in to do it yourself (if it's added).

"AFK System" - Utterly useless, except for bots. I disagree.

"Mute-kick" - Don't really see the need.

"Goto Command" - Seems a little redundant with spectating options. Not sure about this one.

"Build Background Command" - I disagree entirely. Foreground items should stay in the foreground. People know what to do when blocks are clearly background and foreground.

"Friend Only World Visibility" - I entirely agree. There's no downside to this being an option that I can see.

"Rope/Net" - I prefer the idea of netting so there's a climbable block that connects both horizontally and vertically. I'm indifferent to rope.

"Crown Gates/Doors" - I'd never really thought about it before, but why not?

"Juggernaut Crown" - Not sure why there'd be any benefit to this.

"Acid/Toxic Pack" - I really like the idea of fizzing acid as a swimmable death block, but am indifferent to the pack overall.

"Invisibility Effect" - That would be fine, as long as it's for a limited time I think. I don't like the idea of invisible people spamming keys.

"Trigger Rotation" - The ability to rotate a block in-game with a switch. Not a bad idea.

"Free Direction Boost/Reflector Boost" - A boost in all directions. Might be useful I guess.

"Key IDs" - Nice idea in principal, but would seem odd to have numbers on keys. Effectively, this is the global switch idea, but timed?

"Keys With Customizable Timers" - Not as sure about this one as with the timed doors. Nice idea in principal, but difficult to execute effectively in-game I feel without there being confusion.

"Invisible Boosts" - Just... no...

"Pressure Plates/Doors" - Not a bad suggestion for co-operative levels, but sometimes I like to play levels without being forced to play with others.

"Loss Block" - Opposite to the Win Block, but would only be useful for displaying that someone lost I think. That wouldn't be particularly nice now, would it?

"Money" - There are other options that would work better in EE for shops I think, some mentioned earlier on.

"Electric Static Blocks" - I agree more hazards would be nice, but this one doesn't seem particularly practical.

"More Collectibles" - I absolutely agree, although preferably not with just more coins if possible. The stars idea is nice.

"Recording Blocks" - From the suggestion on the site, I disagree, but to be able to film a sort of "Cutscene" would be cool.

"World Portals Teleport To Specific Portals IDs" - I agree with this entirely, or have checkpoints with IDs to teleport to.

"More Parameters For Signs" - Some of the suggestions on the site would be useful, and others less so, but I do like the concept.

"Place any type of block on the world's border" - MIHB says this is pointless on the site, but it would also take about 10 seconds to implement. I don't understand the current constraints.

"Sight Effect" - Excellent idea. An effect to be able to see all invisible stuff like gods do would be a great addition!

"Global Music" - Completely disagree with this one. Making other people hear what you hear will just cause music spam, demeaning the sound of music in EE.

"Double Jump Effect" - This would provide all sorts of new minigame types. Great idea.

"Low Gravity Effect" - Having this toggleable by person would be a bit weird, but it's a nice thought.

"Wall Jump Effect" - I don't think there's much use to this one, because you would need to be so precise on touching the walls, and this can be replicated with invisible arrows anyway.

"Option to Disable Chat Pop-ups" - Yup. You would still be able to see the chat in the chatbar to the left. This wouldn't have to prevent the quickchat options popping up.

"Enter Your Friends' Profiles Via Friends List" - Sounds good to me.

"All One Way Platforms Rotatable" - I think the jungle one would look odd rotated, but the rest of them would be fine I think.

"No Friendly Fire" - The option not to zombify or curse your own team. Not the sort of level I usually play, but it makes sense.

"Sound Effects" - Depends on the effects. Benjaminsen said a long time again that sound effects have no place in EE, and I kind of agree with him. A bounce/jump noise would be nice, but would get annoying.

"High Gravity" - Basically the limitations of being a zombie without actually being a zombie. I think that would be fine.

"Option to Hide Online Status" - Surely this would only make sense if the friends on your friends list aren't really friends? Most people know my feelings on the Friends List....

I think that covers most highly votes non-cosmetic suggestions. Hope this helps!

Xenonetix-2.png

#2 2015-06-03 21:53:41

soulrunner

Re: MegaLamb's Feedback On Trello Suggestions

Mega Lamb wrote:

Hi all! Thanel brought me to the attention of the Trello site where many EE suggestions are made, and I thought I'd give my feedback on the majority of them. I've bolded the ones I like most:

- snip -

"Invisibility Effect" - That would be fine, as long as it's for a limited time I think. I don't like the idea of invisible people spamming keys.

- snip -

I think that covers most highly votes non-cosmetic suggestions. Hope this helps!

Maybe they could be seen by people in godmode so the owners/helpers could see them. and as such, kick them.

l141.gif

#3 2015-06-03 22:04:55

Xfrogman43

Some of these ideas are good, others...no. I agree with Megalamb's bolded ones.

Megalamb - What's your opinion on lobby chat - or something similar?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#4 2015-06-04 00:16:21

Evilbunny

Being able to have world portals go to specific checkpoints would be amazing. Although it would be hard to keep your deaths and coins between worlds, it is still a great idea.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by:

#5 2015-06-05 17:11:31

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Xfrogman43 wrote:

Megalamb - What's your opinion on lobby chat - or something similar?

Not really sure on the benefit of it, unless it's specifically for friends only. The ability to chat to friends through the lobby would be nice. Chatting with everyone through the lobby would just be a massive wall of text I think.

Xenonetix-2.png

#6 2015-06-11 09:34:52

dragonranger

soulrunner wrote:
Mega Lamb wrote:

- snip -

- snip -

Maybe they could be seen by people in godmode so the owners/helpers could see them. and as such, kick them.

That really is not the most reliable thing... especially considering owners/helpers can't always be there.

dragonranger1434011692511354

Board footer