Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-27 04:55:21

JadElClemens

Any Android programmers here?

I've just started learning Android programming. I'm already a novice Java programmer (I read about half of a SAMS teach yourself in 24 hours and I do research on my own whenever I don't understand a concept I feel I should) so I thought I should try and get into it.

How did you learn to program for Android? I'm currently following a free tutorial on Udemy for API 17 (early Jellybean I believe) as well as a tutorial by theNewBoston on Youtube (who I tried to use for Java, but his tutorials got boring). Did you use a book or an online video/text tutorial?

I'm thinking of picking up the SAMS teach yourself book for Android development, but I also don't want to pay $30 if the video tutorials are going to do it for me.

Also, can you suggest some programming challenges for me? Neither of these tutorials have them after their "lessons," so I kinda have to come up with my own "problems" using what I know at that point.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#2 2015-05-27 14:02:29

ewoke

Re: Any Android programmers here?

working with android for a school project trying to do something with virtual reality and the google cardboard stuff.

if you can read this....good for you

Wooted by:
ewoke1432731749507615

Board footer