Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-11 11:06:13

mikelin

Ice but not block

We do indeed need an ice pack. But don't make the slippery thing a "block". If you want make a block only slippery a side, or make the air less friction. This will be useful and better. It can be an action block that look like the decorative sand block but rotatable. All the block and action block can only affect you only when you are touch the block, and a block don't affect to other block (doors and gate open and close, not permanently disappear). Mods, don't break the rule, please. Don't add blcoks such as laser, moving blocks. Hope you can understand what I actually mean.

So... WTH?! 囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧

So mamy 囧's

Why don't they make 囧 smiley and 囧Bruce smiley? Really 囧 indeed! :囧:

#2 2015-05-11 13:34:03

Elionelion

Re: Ice but not block

Why can't the block be slippery?

#3 2015-05-11 22:19:57, last edited by Badoosh (2015-05-11 22:25:36)

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

Re: Ice but not block

A physical ice block is far superior to the idea of a slippery decoration-style action in my opinion. For up close purposes, decorations can be placed on top of the block, rather than have every slippery patch void of visually appealing objects.

Further, it has far more opportunity when paired with sideways and upwards arrows from a minigame designer's perspective, slippery wall and roof jumps would be cool. By putting a double-layer of blocks, slippery on top, regular on bottom, your problem with a block being slippery on one side only is solved with minor changes to level design. However, I have not found a solution to making one walk sideways on a slippery wall with your proposed design.

When placed in open space, as mentioned in your post, it seems odd that one could slip in mid-air (though a gravity freezer as mentioned by someone years ago would work well for this).

Would it break what currently defines an action item? If done correctly, I don't think so. It should obviously be visually different from a regular cosmetic block, perhaps through an animation, like how the coins, diamond, and dancing cheese are. It would instead build upon the versatility of action blocks, something that EE needs after years of gates and buttons and gravity changers.

Your idea is not bad, but a physical block is far more beneficial to level builders and EE as a whole.

Wooted by:
Badoosh1431379197503758

Board footer