Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-02 13:09:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I need a teleporting bot for my world

Hey there, I'm looking for a bot that teleports players within a certain area to another area / portal. If anyone can give me a link to a bot that does this or can make such bot then I will be most grateful!

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#2 2015-05-02 13:16:00

Freckleface

Re: I need a teleporting bot for my world

You could just use portals :/

F

#3 2015-05-02 13:40:28

den3107

Portals to teleport and arrows/gravity to direct the players to the portal.
Rather useless to create an entire bot for that purpose if you'd ask me.

Wooted by:

#4 2015-05-02 18:28:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

well I want it so when I type a command all players teleport to an area as that will be how they win, I can't move them along with arrows, teleport them myself or use portals as that would take too much time and mess up the map

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#5 2015-05-02 18:49:13, last edited by capasha (2015-05-02 18:55:48)

capasha

I don't think anyone would make this for you. It need physics, which exists, but needs to be updated often.
Better to teleport the people with a command from the interface.

You can detect players in an area without physics, just check when a guy is moving around on the area with this math: (int)Math.Round(m.GetDouble(1) / 16).
And read it from the movement message. That will only detect when a player stands exactly on a block. Not if it's a bit away from the block.

#6 2015-05-02 19:58:55

den3107

capasha wrote:

I don't think anyone would make this for you. It need physics, which exists, but needs to be updated often.

You can detect players in an area without physics, just check when a guy is moving around on the area with this math: (int)Math.Round(m.GetDouble(1) / 16).
And read it from the movement message. That will only detect when a player stands exactly on a block. Not if it's a bit away from the block.

I think the whole point is that Devlin doesn't know how to create a bot, though that indeed is probably the best way to write it if anyone were to do so.

Devlin wrote:

well I want it so when I type a command all players teleport to an area as that will be how they win, I can't move them along with arrows, teleport them myself or use portals as that would take too much time and mess up the map

Would you mind showing me your map sometime so I can see if I can improve the layout so it actually can be done without a bot?
If you agree to my suggestion, you can find me in a room called "Dueler Testingground" (room code: PWLqgVC4xAbEI). If I'm not there I'm most probably not available for EE.

#7 2015-05-02 23:30:22

DarkDragon4900

[  ][X][  ]
[X][T][X]
[X][P][X]
[  ][X][  ]

Replace X with any solid block and P with a portal leading to the winning area.
Get the coords of T using /getpos.
Aaand teleport players using /tp to the loc of T.

#8 2015-05-03 00:07:04

den3107

DarkDragon4900 wrote:

[  ][X][  ]
[X][T][X]
[X][P][X]
[  ][X][  ]

Replace X with any solid block and P with a portal leading to the winning area.
Get the coords of T using /getpos.
Aaand teleport players using /tp to the loc of T.

I'm surprised you expect him to do that.
If his room would be flooded it would be hard enough to read all the usernames through each other.
Aside from that it would greatly delay the game, since he first has to teleport every single person before he can go on...

#9 2015-05-03 00:33:20, last edited by DarkDragon4900 (2015-05-03 00:33:54)

DarkDragon4900

Every single person?
A winner has to be a single person.
And he can place a spawn in place of T and killemall if that's what he desires.

#10 2015-05-03 09:14:43

den3107

DarkDragon4900 wrote:

Every single person?
A winner has to be a single person.
And he can place a spawn in place of T and killemall if that's what he desires.

He wants to teleport everybody within a certain area, not everybody in the room.

#11 2015-05-03 10:52:06

DarkDragon4900

How about filling the floor of that area with portals.

#12 2015-05-03 11:32:39

den3107

DarkDragon4900 wrote:

How about filling the floor of that area with portals.

I suggested the same thing, but he claimed that that can't be done in his level design, so I suggested he'd hit me up so I could take a look at it.

#13 2015-05-03 12:47:34

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

den3107 wrote:
capasha wrote:

I think the whole point is that Devlin doesn't know how to create a bot, though that indeed is probably the best way to write it if anyone were to do so.

Devlin wrote:

Would you mind showing me your map sometime so I can see if I can improve the layout so it actually can be done without a bot?
If you agree to my suggestion, you can find me in a room called "Dueler Testingground" (room code: PWLqgVC4xAbEI). If I'm not there I'm most probably not available for EE.

Ok yeah I will show you, but until then I have some screen shots that give the basic idea:

Basically I want when I type a command everyone in the red area (under the line) here: http://prntscr.com/70ztc0 to teleport to either portal id: 88 or any block in this area: http://prntscr.com/70ztkn

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#14 2015-05-03 13:59:16

den3107

Devlin wrote:
den3107 wrote:
capasha wrote:

Devlin wrote:

Ok yeah I will show you, but until then I have some screen shots that give the basic idea:

Basically I want when I type a command everyone in the red area (under the line) here: http://prntscr.com/70ztc0 to teleport to either portal id: 88 or any block in this area: http://prntscr.com/70ztkn

That indeed can't be fixed map-wise and should be done through a bot...
I don't really get why you'd want to just randomly take a life off everybody, it's kinda unfair from what I can see.

#15 2015-05-03 15:12:11

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

den3107 wrote:
Devlin wrote:
den3107 wrote:
capasha wrote:

Devlin wrote:

That indeed can't be fixed map-wise and should be done through a bot...
I don't really get why you'd want to just randomly take a life off everybody, it's kinda unfair from what I can see.

Lives don't affect the game at all in any way, there are no death doors / gates. If it was an option I would disable the death counter.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#16 2015-05-03 15:27:44

den3107

Devlin wrote:
Hidden text

Lives don't affect the game at all in any way, there are no death doors / gates. If it was an option I would disable the death counter.

The coindoor system looked like a deathcounter or something...

#17 2015-05-03 16:55:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

den3107 wrote:
Devlin wrote:
Hidden text

The coindoor system looked like a deathcounter or something...

No they are the coins they got for winning, they got 1 coin per win and if they get all 25 coins they go through a world portal back to the same world to reset their coins so they can get them again.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#18 2015-05-04 07:38:16

DarkDragon4900

I made it while I was in a hurry so expect bugs.
PM me if necessary.
Also, be sure to fill in all of the textboxes to the right of the login box and click save on your first time using it.
The next time you use it, they should be saved. (Unless you move the executable file, ofc.)
Download

#19 2015-05-04 17:30:42

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

DarkDragon4900 wrote:

PM me if necessary.
Also, be sure to fill in all of the textboxes to the right of the login box and click save on your first time using it.
The next time you use it, they should be saved. (Unless you move the executable file, ofc.)
Download

how do you get the bot to work on the world? I enter the world code and clicked connect but when I use the command nothing happens :/

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#20 2015-05-04 23:41:44

DarkDragon4900

Devlin wrote:
DarkDragon4900 wrote:

PM me if necessary.
Download

how do you get the bot to work on the world? I enter the world code and clicked connect but when I use the command nothing happens :/

DarkDragon4900 wrote:

You need to click save else all of the values would be null.
And if you wanted to save it again, it appears you have to delete the info.txt file before saving.

#21 2015-05-05 16:44:17

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

DarkDragon4900 wrote:
Devlin wrote:
DarkDragon4900 wrote:

PM me if necessary.
Download

DarkDragon4900 wrote:

And if you wanted to save it again, it appears you have to delete the info.txt file before saving.

ok thank you, I think the problem was I kept clicking save

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#22 2015-05-05 16:54:22

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Devlin wrote:
DarkDragon4900 wrote:
Devlin wrote:
DarkDragon4900 wrote:

PM me if necessary.
Download

DarkDragon4900 wrote:

ok thank you, I think the problem was I kept clicking save

I tried again but all that keeps happening is this: http://prntscr.com/71u0sj

I do appreciate the help btw, I am writing this because I don't want to sound ungrateful

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#23 2015-05-06 12:30:39

DarkDragon4900

I'm not sure but I guess you have to write your name all lowercase, and .tele means you have to write .tele in the game too, and not /tele
And i'm expecting lots of posts as it's pretty buggy.
I tested it and it doesn't seem detect players under a specific Y coord but rather teleports me whether or not i'm under it.
Try it and see if it works. I might be doing something wrong :p

#24 2015-05-07 17:09:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

DarkDragon4900 wrote:

I'm not sure but I guess you have to write your name all lowercase, and .tele means you have to write .tele in the game too, and not /tele
And i'm expecting lots of posts as it's pretty buggy.
I tested it and it doesn't seem detect players under a specific Y coord but rather teleports me whether or not i'm under it.
Try it and see if it works. I might be doing something wrong //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

well the lower case thing works and I am now able to teleport to the desired locations, but like you said it teleports all the players rather than everyone under the y. If you could fix that I would be so happy!

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#25 2015-05-08 09:48:43, last edited by DarkDragon4900 (2015-05-08 09:50:46)

DarkDragon4900

I'm not sure what's wrong, should anyone help me, I would be very grateful.

OnMessage
Save button
Player class

Voolm1431433761503939

Board footer