Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-10 07:34:43, last edited by iPwner (2015-04-10 07:41:15)

iPwner
Website

Shortened auto jump time = BROKEN GAME

processor wrote:

Shorten auto jump time... why not !? Teehee~ ;) :)  See You In The World .

#1. MOST IMPORTANT REASON: All minigames that required you to jump consecutively (eg. "double jump" minis) are broken, especially the ones where you jump consecutively on single 1x1 blocks. Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

hcJ6QRb.png

You can just jump once from the first platform and hold space - also, space appears to never miss a jump when it hits a block even in the slightest, unlike previously. People used mechanisms such as arrows atop the first platform to prevent people from initiating holding space, but now it can be done easily.

#2. Accidental jump annoyances: There used to be a slight delay for holdspace, so you never accidentally jumped; this was useful as ee's gravity is very fast, barely any floating ; you jump up, and you basically smash back into the floor. Now you can easily accidentally jump.

That feature's been around forever and now you just remove it "just because / why not" ? You already broke world portals, a feature that had been around for 2 years, and now this BASICAL mechanic ? Can we stop with these ANNOYING breakages please ? :/ Once you release something into a game, don't change it unless it was released like 12 hours ago because it'll basically take a moist cardellini on previous creations.

NOTE: As copyright law struggles to apply itself to the software industry in a manner that is beneficial to the general community both morally and economically, specific aspects of inter-software interaction will come to the fore in the application of copyright law code, such as the ability to copy or burglarize copyright content protected under copyright law as long as subjected material is appliqued in a biflacturated copyright scenario, such as the use of aboriginal copyright material in an originally created visual. -cough- This especially applies to certain races that spawned vikings who happen to exhibit the change of the normal state of not being a boy to being a boy. -cough-

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2015-04-10 08:05:02

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: Shortened auto jump time = BROKEN GAME

hcJ6QRb.png

Copyright infringement is the act of violating the copyright owner's exclusive right through unauthorized or prohibited use of copyrighted material.

Stolen Norwegianboy`s sentence= "Do not listen to his excruciating amount of excrement Ipwner. For we are above his level. And by above his level i mean we are future prime ministers with an Ph.D in Theorethical physics and Psychosomatic direction and a fine Oxford dialect. While he is a glue sniffing crack kid from the slums in Bangladesh."

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#3 2015-04-10 08:22:10

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

NOTE: As copyright law struggles to apply itself to the software industry in a manner that is beneficial to the general community both morally and economically, specific aspects of inter-software interaction will come to the fore in the application of copyright law code, such as the ability to copy or burglarize copyright content protected under copyright law as long as subjected material is appliqued in a biflacturated copyright scenario, such as the use of aboriginal copyright material in an originally created visual. -cough- This especially applies to certain races that spawned vikings who happen to exhibit the change of the normal state of not being a boy to being a boy. -cough-

Oh! Did not see that! Clever! Very clever Ipwner! I cant wait to crush this resistance by the power of bureaucracy! Tehe Pero~~ ^-^ //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

§ 1
Any person who creates a literary, scientific or artistic work shall have the copyright therein.

By such a work is meant in this Act that ALL literary, scientific or artistic work of any kind, irrespective of the manner or form of expression, such as:

1) Spamming from spambook material to get it out of the system in a regulated manner.
2) Saying a funny quote on the chat or comment section of Everybody Edits, Tinychat, Youtube, Google+, Everybody edits Forums, Anime-sharing, Kaori Nusantara or any other website in which one can quote or say posts that are considered "funny" by users, moderators or other governing entities.   
3) Writings of all kinds.
4) Basically any kind of literary works.

§ 2
If by any chance the writings of an warmongering warlord is causing obstruction to the intellectual playspace of pronoobs, proepicz or the authors, then each of the authors shall have the right to prosecute in respect of infringements of the copyright.

§ 3
If any of these regulations are to be violated it shall be responded to by violating the offenders butt in an unsightly matter.

#4 2015-04-10 08:22:29, last edited by iPwner (2015-04-10 08:49:08)

iPwner
Website

-Pst- I sentchoo a PM... :D Also read the last paragraph you poopsikin.

Edit: Oh, uhh.... -splutters- Nevermindthhhhhhh! -repst- someone's gonna get banned right? ~_~

Btw the reason I sent you a PM was so this doesn't get too spammatic... I posted this topic cause i was actually feeling really STRONG about this for a little bit... but now I kinda lost interest... still not discouraging anyone from posting here! *waggles flytrap with pinkle finger* Fair windseruuuu~! ^.^

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

Im A ®a®ity ®

#5 2015-04-10 08:35:34

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

iPwner wrote:

-Pst- I sentchoo a PM... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile Also read the last paragraph you poopsikin.

Edit: Oh, uhh.... -splutters- Nevermindthhhhhhh! -repst- someone's gonna get banned aren't i right? ~_~

Are you talking about someone that has gotten banned 20 times and which the governing entitites of Everyobdy edits forum hates with a passion? Or the guy that has never been banned and which everyone manages to ignore and seclude so hard from the mainstream EE society that he doesnt really exist wether he does bad things or not? :o

#6 2015-04-10 08:39:08, last edited by iPwner (2015-04-10 09:17:07)

iPwner
Website

Lol that's quite accurate. The moderators are not quite so swell on this forum if I do say so myself.

<.< Eh... I decided to delete my original post due to probably being banned by idiot moderators //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile Exposure is NOT allowed! i will PM it to you instead

Im A ®a®ity ®

#7 2015-04-10 11:52:00

Nou

iPwner wrote:
processor wrote:

Shorten auto jump time... why not !? Teehee~ //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile  See You In The World .

#1. MOST IMPORTANT REASON: All minigames that required you to jump consecutively (eg. "double jump" minis) are broken, especially the ones where you jump consecutively on single 1x1 blocks. Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

hcJ6QRb.png

You can just jump once from the first platform and hold space - also, space appears to never miss a jump when it hits a block even in the slightest, unlike previously. People used mechanisms such as arrows atop the first platform to prevent people from initiating holding space, but now it can be done easily.

#2. Accidental jump annoyances: There used to be a slight delay for holdspace, so you never accidentally jumped; this was useful as ee's gravity is very fast, barely any floating ; you jump up, and you basically smash back into the floor. Now you can easily accidentally jump.

That feature's been around forever and now you just remove it "just because / why not" ? You already broke world portals, a feature that had been around for 2 years, and now this BASICAL mechanic ? Can we stop with these ANNOYING breakages please ? :/ Once you release something into a game, don't change it unless it was released like 12 hours ago because it'll basically take a moist cardellini on previous creations.

You know you can also press space manually, right? I'm undecided on this change so far; there used to be no hold space, then hold space with 0 delay, then with a large delay, now with a short delay. Each change always gets resistance from the players because people generally don't like change (I was one of them). I think I hated adding the delay the most so I guess I'm happy now? I'm not sure, it just needs some time getting used to, and I think that goes for everyone.

No u.

#8 2015-04-10 12:35:14

Bobithan

Let's look at the biggest victim here: Hookjumps.

I was bad at hookjumps before, but now they're just downright impossible for me because my smiley is so insistent on jumping 6 times completely throwing me off.

There was no reason to nullify the auto jump delay. It's just a straight up annoyance without it.

aka towwl

Wooted by: (4)

#9 2015-04-10 13:24:26

Nou

Bobithan wrote:

I was bad at hookjumps before, but now they're just downright impossible for me because my smiley is so insistent on jumping 6 times completely throwing me off.

There was no reason to nullify the auto jump delay. It's just a straight up annoyance without it.

The biggest victim is always us when it comes to hooks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue I've just tried a few but it's no different for me at least. I do sometimes jump up and down a few times when I mess one up but that's it really.

No u.

#10 2015-04-10 16:27:30

Creature

This isn't really a problem, it's still challenging.

This is a false statement.

#11 2015-04-10 16:28:56

TiKen

Bobithan wrote:

Two points:
-Well, I frankly won't complain if hookjumps are dead. Plus they are still possible, even in the html5 version. I wish they were dead.
-

Bobithan wrote:

This. And "Why not" is not a valid answer. You have a good reason? State it, I would gladly read you and discuss about it. You don't have any reason? Make yourself a favor don't do it.

#12 2015-04-10 16:37:09

ILoveBaconYUM

Now hold space make so many levels way to easy :/
Although, like others have said, it will just take time for us to get used to this.

#13 2015-04-10 16:39:38, last edited by iPwner (2015-04-10 17:01:34)

iPwner
Website

Bobithan wrote:

lrussell wrote:

It is annoying now that whenever I jump I usually end up jumping twice.

This concides with point #2 on my list

Tiken wrote:

This. And "Why not" is not a valid answer. You have a good reason? State it, I would gladly read you and discuss about it. You don't have any reason? Make yourself a favor don't do it.

This concides with point #0 on my list (the satirical quote)

ILoveBaconYum wrote:

Now hold space make so many levels way to easy :/
Although, like others have said, it will just take time for us to get used to this.

This concides with point #1 on my list

☆ All logic nullified as to why you's are refuting my point (and didn't give my first post a woot *a single tear careens from my eye and ricochéts against the cherrywood floor* ;-;).

ipwnerroxyowordbic

~

In addition, this is probably going to break ANOTHER one of my worlds, "I'm Hooked On Hooks", a world beyond imagination, thanks EE! -.-' Now EE's new governing agenda has broken two of my proepic worlds... when does it end? x_X HELP US ALL!

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:

#14 2015-04-10 16:58:22, last edited by lrussell (2015-04-10 16:59:34)

lrussell
Website

It's all processor's fault, he did it.
I suggest sending him many angry private messages.

It is annoying now that whenever I jump I usually end up jumping twice.

#15 2015-04-10 17:00:37, last edited by iPwner (2015-04-10 17:11:14)

iPwner
Website

lrussell wrote:

Uh did i say that bucko?  I was merely quoting a source from EE's governing entities instead of SPL00SH1NG into a pool of abstract annoyances and fishing out a quote from each dictatorial agenda. That said even though I barely know processor, I think we should start a "Goddamnit processor." thing where we blame him for every bad thing that happens on EE. ;D

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:

#16 2015-04-10 17:21:46

lrussell
Website

iPwner wrote:
lrussell wrote:

Uh did i say that bucko?  I was merely quoting a source from EE's governing entities instead of SPL00SH1NG into a pool of abstract annoyances and fishing out a quote from each dictatorial agenda. That said even though I barely know processor, I think we should start a "Goddamnit processor." thing where we blame him for every bad thing that happens on EE. ;D

That being said I can independently confirm it's all his fault and you should rant to him about it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#17 2015-04-10 17:22:14

TiKen

iPwner wrote:
lrussell wrote:

Don't forget world hunger and ethnic wars. Gotta put some weight in those angry messages. I'll add a comparison with Hitler, too earn a godwin point.

#18 2015-04-10 17:24:15

lrussell
Website

TiKen wrote:
iPwner wrote:
lrussell wrote:

Don't forget world hunger and ethnic wars. Gotta put some weight in those angry messages. I'll add a comparison with Hitler, too earn a godwin point.

He does live in Germany. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#19 2015-04-10 17:38:44

lrussell
Website

2015-04-10_12-37-33.png
2015-04-10_12-38-01.png

It has been done.

#20 2015-04-10 17:49:32

TiKen

There is so much love... I shall drop a tear to this.

#21 2015-04-10 17:56:46

Master1

I mentioned it in skype, and the changes are now being reverted back to how they were. I'm unsure if it will be instant, but it should at least come with the next update.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#22 2015-04-10 20:39:30, last edited by Processor (2015-04-10 20:39:54)

Processor

Fixed now. The change has been reverted due to requests by the community.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by:

#23 2015-04-10 20:43:21

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Reverted to what??

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#24 2015-04-10 20:49:18

skullz17

AntonioS300 wrote:

Reverted to what??

Can you read?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#25 2015-04-10 20:50:48

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

I don't understand. Revert what? To which?

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

BEE1428876171494123

Board footer