Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

I would want my money back...

Think about all of those shared accounts. Bought beta, and gave their account away. Then got banned.

There is something wrong with that. The fact that they paid 10 dollars, and lost it ALL. They should at least get SOME money back when they get banned.

#2 Before February 2015

catking00

Re: I would want my money back...

only if it was hacked. and it was suggested before. and they wouldnt get money, they would get a new account with everything they had

#3 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

their faults.
if they were hacked though, I agree they should get some compensation.

one hand typing ftw!

#4 Before February 2015

Nou

I think TakoMan brought up this issue before. Basically, most people thought it was a stupid idea and I agree. People can just pretend and get their money back.
They were stupid enough to get hacked, too bad, life's a beach.

No u.

#5 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

at least get 5$ back

#6 Before February 2015

Calicara

No that person should not get their money back. Because first of all it is usually their own fault they were hacked and there is an option to change your password. So if your account is shared you can change the password so it's not.

Second, when an account is shared it doesn't mean the original owner bought beta. Anyone could have purchased it for that account as long as they have the account info and paypal.

#7 Before February 2015

Sabrillian

Most of the time when someone is "hacked" the real reason is because they shouted out their account details in chat. I've seen it happen before. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Kind of a waste, if you ask me. :/

#8 Before February 2015

Nighter

Yea I agree with Sabrillian.
But yea, people should get there money back for a full refund.. Untill we find Chris's new address.. We can start sueing him again for OUR money back..

#9 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

But STILL. What about Ganig. He lost 10 bucks didnt he?

#10 Before February 2015

Zacoist

Meh, once you pay for beta, accept the punishments for abusing chat, acc, etc. Besides, if you were "hacked", how hard is it to change your password.

Life so hard ism't it?

#11 Before February 2015

Calicara

Think of it this way SmileyZ:

I make an account, then I mass share it. After someone buys it beta and chat I change the password so I now I have an account with both beta and chat. Should the person who bought me beta get his money back? No, because he was foolish enough to buy beta for a shared account.

Now say that shared account gets banned anyway. Shouldn't I be the one to get $10 dollars back? After all it was my account.

Having an account with beta and chat is a privelage. If you purposely abuse your account it is not Chris' fault. The only persons fault it is is yours. You can always change your password before the ban and apologize for sharing your account.

But if you lose your privilages of having a beta account it's no ones fault by your own. Chris should not have to compensate for peoples idiocy.

Last edited by Calicara (Sep 9 2011 4:43:36 am)

#12 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Failgirl101 wrote:

Think of it this way SmileyZ:

I make an account, then I mass share it. After someone buys it beta and chat I change the password so I now I have an account with both beta and chat. Should the person who bought me beta get his money back? No, because he was foolish enough to buy beta for a shared account.

Now say that shared account gets banned anyway. Shouldn't I be the one to get $10 dollars back? After all it was my account.

Having an account with beta and chat is a privilege. If you purposely abuse your account it is not Chris' fault. The only persons fault it is is yours. You can always change your password before the ban and apologize for sharing your account.

But if you lose your privilege of having a beta account it's no ones fault by your own. Chris should not have to compensate for peoples idiocy.

I can agree to that fully, considering the events that have taken place throughout E.E. history...
(Also, spellcheck flared up, fixed two words)

#13 Before February 2015

catking00

Nou wrote:

I think TakoMan brought up this issue before. Basically, most people thought it was a stupid idea and I agree. People can just pretend and get their money back.

EE is unencrypted or something like that so while their info is being sent hackers can see it. so you are being mean to the victims. you are basically telling them "dont go on EE!" because some hackers do that. they arent stupid to get hacked.

#14 Before February 2015

Nou

catking00 wrote:
Nou wrote:

EE is unencrypted or something like that so while their info is being sent hackers can see it. so you are being mean to the victims. you are basically telling them "dont go on EE!" because some hackers do that. they arent stupid to get hacked.

The "or something like that" says enough about your lack of knowledge. If it's that easy, why are the accounts with 1000 energy and all smilies etc never hacked?

No u.

#15 Before February 2015

Processor

catking00 wrote:

As long as there is no keylogger or other kind of virus in your computer, there is no way for the hackers to read your password. It the owner's fault when they get hacked...
How is chris going to give you your money back? He doesent have access to you credit card information, and if he did, he wouldent have time to do that..

Last edited by Processor (Sep 9 2011 7:44:43 am)

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#16 Before February 2015

Betaguy

TakoMan already made a topic about this...

#17 Before February 2015

dol257

I wont get hacked, because I don't abuse chat or anything. you should just be more careful, this is a mad men's worl d called: INTERNET!

#18 Before February 2015

Gaing

Even thought my account is banned and i lost everything i still wouldn't want my money back for something that was my fault. I mean really that would be too stupid giving someones money back when its there fault.

#19 Before February 2015

xGBx-PwNzZ

Yeah   $10/£10   would   really make   you go bank rupt
Not

stop complaining its only £10

#20 Before February 2015

Pugmatt

Well... if they didn't tell there accounts to people they "trust" then maybe it wouldn't happen :/ .
So if they really care about losing $10, they wouldn't tell anyone there account.

#21 Before February 2015

treejoe4

No they shouldnt, it will teach them a important rule of the internet. DONT SHARE ACCOUNTS.

Last edited by treejoe4 (Sep 9 2011 3:16:51 pm)

#22 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

How about this. You should be able to save data in a place on your account, and have it ONLY VISIBLE TO YOU! When your NEW account gets made, you say that you want to use the data on your IP address, and it brings you back your data. However, I want my IP to be the one with my forum account. As you notice, mine are different (because i recently got a new laptop, then i made my forum account from my laptop) so that would be an exception for me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue.

#23 Before February 2015

Betaguy

coolperson23 wrote:

Yeah   $10/£10   would   really make   you go bank rupt
Not

stop complaining its only £10

[pretending like being jkiller21]
Phew holy crap I am glad I am not banned, cause I dont want to miss my 10000$/£10000 I spend on the game //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#24 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

And what about gems? Some people buy DIAMOND and BIG SPENDER then get banned.

#25 Before February 2015

Betaguy

SmileyZ wrote:

And what about gems? Some people buy DIAMOND and BIG SPENDER then get banned.

Did you read my post?

SmileyZ 142388321378219

Board footer