Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-19 13:06:53

OG7DEID8

Retro Land

Hello guys. I'm want to show u my new map called "Retro Land".

I'm spend like 2-3 hours to make this, soo please give me a feedback or critic. Rate and everything.

Map Look:
LU0htWR.png

ID: PWHUFKFlDYa0I

Testers: KarolV2

If you can do anything,
            Do it, because after u can't do everything,
                   Live isn't infinite,
                        But this isn't too limited!

#2 2015-02-19 14:01:52

ILoveBaconYUM

Re: Retro Land

http://imgur.com/T1t6y0f

I loved it! I like the simplicity of the art. Whilst the art is very basic it is also very cool. Also, the minis were simple and fun. However, occasionally they were slightly annoying and the invisible dots sometimes left me confused as I couldn't work out where I was going.

Overall, great level! :D

#3 2015-02-19 19:18:09

iPwner
Website

AWESOME *minimap artstyle. I just played the level, and it's just one of those "modern art" levels. Looks cool on minimap, but is a total drag in game. I can't tell apart white from white background. o-o AND I CAN'T TELL BLACK FOREGROUND FROM BLACK BACKGROUND. Oh well, nice minimap though. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue Pretty unique

4/10

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#4 2015-02-19 19:44:50

rgl32

What iPwner said, you can't see where to go unless you move the screen to see the differences, and the invisible dots and arrows are useless, why not just use ones that can easily tell where to go, it'd make it easier to follow, especially since the background doesn't help. But I did like the level, could possibly make it a little harder as the only challenge was if you accidentally landed on a background and not foreground piece, or missed the invisible arrows you didn't realize were there at first. I'd like to see this art style put into blocks that can be distinguishable between each other though, looks good.

#5 2015-02-19 21:17:19

OG7DEID8

Invisible dots, coins in secret places... It's special. Just to use your brain and think, where try to go. It's not based on "just go and win".

If you can do anything,
            Do it, because after u can't do everything,
                   Live isn't infinite,
                        But this isn't too limited!

#6 2015-02-19 22:00:33, last edited by skullz17 (2015-02-19 22:30:58)

skullz17

Trying to search for invisible dots is not a fun way of using your brain. I haven't played the map yet, but just saying.

EDIT:

Okay, I played some of it. Like others said, your art is great. It really is quite unique, and looks really nice yet simple.

The gameplay of this level is what makes it disappointing. It is just really annoying to play some of the minis you've made, because like ipwner said, it is difficult to distinguish between block and background. It strains my eyes trying to tell the difference. The gameplay should be integrated into the art. No going through walls, no invisible platforms. It will be far more enjoyable for the player that way.

Also, I don't really like the invisible dots. I know you are trying to use them creatively and your idea is special and all that, but uniqueness can only get you so far. The player has to enjoy themself too. I do like the idea of finding secret coins, but it is executed poorly. I think the idea of finding secrets appears in many games, but it's usually to reward the player for searching places that are not part of the main objective. In your level, it is sort of like that, but the problem is the invisible dots. It would work better if the secrets were in some optional room or something, or somewhere difficult to get to, so the player has to figure out how to get there. Searching for invisible dots to get somewhere is not the same as trying to figure out how to get somewhere.

Other than that stuff, the minis themselves were okay I guess. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with them other than what I already explained. Except maybe you could have varied them a bit. They had quite similar concepts a lot of the time so this could get repetitive and boring for some people (this didn't bother me too much).

Overall, I give it a 6/10. It was okay.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#7 2015-02-20 18:38:12

Vitalijus
Website

3XONTqW.png

wn7I7Oa.png

Vitalijus1424453892475118

Board footer