Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

hisss

Tracking Cookies

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad I HAVE BEEN GETTING LOADS OF THEM EVER SINCE I STARTED PLAYING AGAIN!EXPLAIN YOURSELF BENJAMENSON!:mad:

#2 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Re: Tracking Cookies

Don't cuss and don't yell at us. Also, Chris never reads the forums.

#3 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

If you use internet explorer, that's your problem. There is a bug where it is very easy for hackers to place tracking cookies on people using I.E.

#4 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

^ That.

#5 Before February 2015

capasha

I get tracking cookies even if i use FF. How does that feel? But i don't care so much about that.
Ghostery block it and NoScript too. Then you have tracker.swfstats.com too. That isn't blocked in the browsers.

If you login with Facebook he can read a lot of stuff about your profile. Because he use offline mode in his application.
So he can access the profile even if you aren't online at all. I don't like it. But that's how Chris works.

#6 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Facepalm_Cat___Motivational_by_L4D2_fan.jpg
Do you even know what tracking cookies do? Yes, they are a type of virus sometimes, but they save flash data (like flash game progress) and, I dunno, saved account information? Like when you press "remember me" on a website. That's what they do.

Do you have EE save you account info so you don't get logged out? Yeah, that's why.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#7 Before February 2015

capasha

JadElClemens wrote:

Do you even know what tracking cookies do? Yes, they are a type of virus sometimes, but they save flash data (like flash game progress) and, I dunno, saved account information? Like when you press "remember me" on a website. That's what they do.

Do you have EE save you account info so you don't get logged out? Yeah, that's why.

Facepalm on you.
You are talking about session cookies and persistent cookies. Persistent cookies are tracking cookies.
And it seems like you think "tracking cookies" is every cookie method. Some AV's will take every cookie as tracking cookies.

#8 Before February 2015

hisss

my computer keeps saying that critical processing is happening and it has to do a quick scan and it usually comes up with a lot.

Last edited by hisss (Jun 7 2011 6:16:27 pm)

hisss 1423691847269585

Board footer