Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Quote Trains.

I am finding quote trains quite annoying. People seem to be doing it more and more. In my opinion it should be counted as spam. Yes, it means you're agreeing with the post that started the quote train, but it gets out of hand pretty fast. Anyone else find this annoying?

#2 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Re: Quote Trains.

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=15359
Already posted, SBP (search before posting).

Well, not exactly, but close enough.

Last edited by calculusguy (Dec 25 2011 12:30:21 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

Monstar43

That's for people who go like this:

person wrote:

*Excellent point*

This^

I'm talking about times when people quote something over and over again.

#4 Before February 2015

calculusguy

But its still almost the same, only this one is spammier. What would you prefer:

Do it. Now.

Or this:

Do it. Now.

This.

This.

I would actually find the second to be better. The first could even be mistaken as a misclick on the submit button when quoting someone //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by calculusguy (Dec 25 2011 2:45:43 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

Bash

I would prefer it if people actually included why they agree with the quoted post, just so it won't be spam.

I sent a PM to someone about this an hour ago, it should be considered spam in my opinion.

#6 Before February 2015

scienceguyz

calculusguy wrote:

But its still almost the same, only this one is spammier. What would you prefer:

Do it. Now.

Or this:

This.

This.

I would actually find the second to be better. The first could even be mistaken as a misclick on the submit button when quoting someone //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I admit this does get annoying!

#7 Before February 2015

Bobithan

I personally think it's spam. All you are doing is clicking "Quote" and "Submit". You aren't really putting any effort into your post, and it's starting to take up half of the discussions in most topics. It's getting extremely annoying right now and I think it should be against the rules.

aka towwl

#8 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I think that it should be considered spam, along with posting 'Cool story bro' and mini-modding.
I mean seriously, How in the world is half of these posts not spam?
Saying 'cool story bro' is completely and utterly rude, and just quoting is facepalm worthy.

So I think we require a few reforms for our rules.

edit: /facepalm. Fixed typo. Too bad it's been quoted.

Last edited by Zoey2070 (Dec 29 2011 4:21:43 pm)

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#9 Before February 2015

Bash

Zoey2070 wrote:

I think that it should be considered spam, along with posting 'Cool story bro' and mini-modding.
Saying 'cool story bro' is completely and utterly rude, and just quoting is facepalm worthy.

So I think we require a few reforms for our rulse.

I second this, and I will bring this up with the other members of the staff team.

#10 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

bass5098 wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

So I think we require a few reforms for our rules.

I second this, and I will bring this up with the other members of the staff team.

Thanks, bass. I suppose it would be more helpful if the other mods/admins would actually log in once in a while, though.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#11 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Two things:

1) When you can't see what the original poster was saying, you've quoted too much and that's 100% spam in my eyes; because then this is what your post looks like:

TakoMan05 wrote:
TakoMan04 wrote:
TakoMan03 wrote:

This

This

This

What are you agreeing to? We can't tell, so your post is a complete waste of space.

2) As a persuasion technique, it is still better to elaborate on what you're agreeing to; considering you and the person you're agreeing to don't have the exact same brain. This stops "quote trains" (clever name, btw) at the second or third post (plus, it looks 4x more intelligent). Example:

TakoMan04 wrote:
TakoMan03 wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:

I really like ham. On Christmas I eat too much, but it still tastes good afterward.

Me too! Actually, all meat from pigs taste delicious.

Yesyes, especially sausage. Mmm, sausage.

This pretty much stops these trains, because a) it doesn't look like a train at all; it looks like a conversation. And b) it's more inviting to share your opinion instead of "this".
As compared to:

TakoMan04 wrote:
TakoMan03 wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:

I really like ham. On Christmas I eat too much, but it still tastes good afterward.

This.

This.

etc etc, which can go on forever because it looks like a train and is easy to read and agree to very quickly.

So if you agree, elaborate instead of "this" so you don't promote trains.

I argue why it's better to elaborate your agreement in my thread that Calculus posted as the second post - read that for more reasons to elaborate instead of "this".

Last edited by Tako (Jan 2 2012 10:39:20 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Monstar43 1423707886253546

Board footer