Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Persona

Forum Moderators

THIS IS NOT ABOUT FORUM MODERATORS, THIS IS ABOUT IN GENERAL

This is a respectful post, hopefully to constructive criticize the forum moderators, in which; I believe doesn't work with each-other.

Am I saying forum moderators in general are horrible?

Absolutely Not!

I am just saying I can "Tolerate" their tiny mistakes.
For one, I don't see them active, if at all.

This is not an issue, until an raid comes, and then disrupts the forum as we know it.
Is there anything we can do at this point?

Unless they go outside or have something other then be good about-them-selves-i-dunno--
enjoy watching TV, or what not-- will not have a life?
What?
Just because they don't play on the computer does NOT mean they have one, hell; I'll admit, I don't have a life.

I enjoy myself too much enjoying videogames and creating random coding for whatever i'd do in the broadscale, but what my point is; forum moderators are like "Slaves" to Administrators, and Admins are "Slaves" to owners.

What makes "Moderators" to "Owners"?

Speculation.

What does an User have to do to become an Moderator?
Apply?
Be selected?

Currently-- With my opinion, most choose the APPLY route, because they don't want the "Task" of looking at the community, and have an handful if they turn out to be bad at the time, sometimes; they quietly accept any "Noob" application.

I   think I have tons of responsibilty, however cannot sit around to type some boring 50 to 100 sentences, as I run out of what to say, however my rants are full of emotion, thus I can type more, like this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile.

To all seriousness, writing an silly application is bull-fed-routes to ALL sorts of jobs, as you need to get to know the person personally before I will even cognizance before pulling-my-horns on uttermost dynamism.

If one does not do that? What does it lead to?

Malfeasance.

If one types up a good paper, and looks over it to it's better-then-what-is-normal is not going to meet your standered-for-what-you-NORMALLY-behave.

Wut?

If they type a paper they work REALLY hard on to apply, does not show how they will normally behave.

Malfeasance.

So what about the "Pick" method?

You can then see the person's charisma as if he would behave.
Maturity is not the problem here.
It is the fact that the person has it's own Complexion.

You might argue that:
What if the person is faking his own 'personality?'

You can't, atleast hide it well.
Who you are is you, and it can't be changed.

The fact you brought up that point means you have tried it before, no?
Think about it, you a single human being telling yourself who you not are, and you don't do it well because your not supportive of the argumentation.

What if the person who is picking these staff is young, or doesn't understand the true coherence of the right person to pick?

What if the community has no true person to watch over?

The community has failed.

#2 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Re: Forum Moderators

Why are they not looking over the forums?

The answer: Thay have a life. [IDK about Different55]
They do this in thier spare time, they are like you or me but they must report on anything wrong/help.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#3 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Nice, Squad, yes I have a life. I do a lot of things with that life. Like put goats in pickups (did that yesterday.) and poke chickens with sticks (did that last night. They wouldn't come out from under the chicken coop. They preferred under it to in it.)

I'm not sure if it's just sleep deprivation, but the only thing I got from this topic is that it needs to be moved to Forum Discussion, then reread to see if any sense can be made of it.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#4 Before February 2015

gogosboy

Different55 wrote:

Nice, Squad, yes I have a life. I do a lot of things with that life. Like put goats in pickups (did that yesterday.) and poke chickens with sticks (did that last night. They wouldn't come out from under the chicken coop. They preferred under it to in it.)

I'm not sure if it's just sleep deprivation, but the only thing I got from this topic is that it needs to be moved to Forum Discussion, then reread to see if any sense can be made of it.

Yeah move it ban the guy who said you don't have a life!

#5 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

gogosboy wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Yeah move it ban the guy who said you don't have a life!

I said he may not have a life, but he does [he says]

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#6 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

[Yes I say.]

After rereading the topic I get Malfeasance, Moderators < Admins < Owners < Pie, and Pros-Cons of different ways to pick mods.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#7 Before February 2015

nothingishere2

I don't think a lot of people will read through that whole "statement" because it's more than an inch of text and higher than a third grade reading level. I'm glad you're putting out criticism instead of complaints, but might I suggest more of a synopsis approach? I think you might get more responses like that.

#8 Before February 2015

Persona

Yes, ban me for trying to create a discussion.
I see how you feel, I kinda made a typo in the post, this is about the forum moderators in multiple forums, not just in EE, and I never said DIffrent had no life. I'll try to apparently clarify what is said at a later time, but right now, I am pooped from school.

I was focusing how i was wording it, I clearly made some typos.
I'll clarify what I needed to say in a later reply today >_>

Last edited by Persona (Jan 3 2012 2:38:31 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Muffin

I see nothing wrong with picking. They still have a choice to become a moderator or not, and if they suck for some reason they can just un-mod them. The only people who would apply are beggars, not true forumers.

#10 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I.. uh... I don't even....

What?

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#11 Before February 2015

Persona

If you don't have anything useful to say about the discussion, then don't post.
Makes you look goofy.

Anyways: The whole post is NOT about Everybody Edits, in general, many forums/or games pick admins/mods/staff by applications, and picking.

This addresses the many common issues of many forums today, NOT just EE if at all.

If you can't read some of the words, it is only 5th grade level.
Go read age level material and you'd understand it.

In other words, I am deeply displeased at my responses, because 1) I never said ANY of these mods had NO life. I am simply addressing how mods go away for playing of other games, and the like wise.

Many of the replies are from 10 year olds who can't even spell right.
This was supposed to be a good classy rant, which was taken the wrong way.

I guess this is what happens on an forum where 90% of the population is where people who sit in thier basements don't even think about what they say before they blubber it out.

Yes, I said that.
Not being offensive.

My point is, this forum needs work, and I will admit it.
I am SO close to leaving at this point because of how these self acclaimed pros are just people who try to act cool with all thier "Memes" jokes they pull out on these poor noobs.

They just want to chat, and your going in to this with almost no intellectual aspect in the replies.

SURE I FREAKIN' Know they can pick.

This is only to address one of my issues with the internet to create a freakin' discussion.
That one little mistake kinda led the post a whole new way, and I hope this clearly makes you reread it, or just not to criticize what is on the post.

If you can't understand it, DO NOT reply, as your just creating useless blabwash that needs to be cleansed with soap.

#12 Before February 2015

nothingishere2

Firstly I'm sorry for the third-grade level comment, it was simply a figure of speech to show the lack of caring in a lot of the forum members. I agree that a lot of people simply reply to reply, not because they have anything good to say (not directed at this particular topic, but surely other ones).
About Moderators:
I think that this is debatable on many aspects and will probably never be truly agreed upon. The pick method makes the forum "government" if you will (government is simply a comparison people) more like a dictatorship. If the owner accepts only close friends or people he knows will follow his every command and simply be "pawns" then malfeasance would certainly come into play at some point. If a well beloved forum member applied with the majority of the forums supporting them (and if they are qualified, as in not just a joke to get Chris ticked off), then the owner might find reason in promoting them to a moderator position. However, this would be   a select few of the forum members, because a lot don't have the leadership qualities and otherwise for the job. This creates more of a democracy as that new mod would have received that position due to the efforts of the community.

My "synopsis" remark was just an effort to condense your information to a more approachable level for younger members. I didn't mean to insult you if I did. I think that this debate should be viewed as it is probably controversial to some members. Thanks for making it Persona.

Last edited by nothingishere2 (Jan 4 2012 10:37:18 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

Persona

I agree with a few points.
Why would I "Degrade" the post to people who can't even argue at a debate, seriously.
The only people who actually gave me an intellectual reply was you, and different.

#14 Before February 2015

nothingishere2

I don't really know why I said that. Maybe it was me trying to have a positive outlook on the community. Like if people who didn't understand it understood it, then maybe they could make comments on their views. Now that I think of it, our replies might explain the debate itself better than simplifying the initial topic. So as long as we continue with intelligent comments, others might join in.

#15 Before February 2015

Persona

I guess so :O

#16 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Persona wrote:

If you don't have anything useful to say about the discussion, then don't post.
Makes you look goofy.

Okay, I'll make it clearer this time. Could you please make that first post make some sense?

Persona wrote:

Anyways: The whole post is NOT about Everybody Edits, in general, many forums/or games pick admins/mods/staff by applications, and picking.

I don't really see how that's related to what people were saying, mostly because the bulk of what they were saying was trying to figure out what you were saying.

Persona wrote:

This addresses the many common issues of many forums today, NOT just EE if at all.

See above.

Persona wrote:

If you can't read some of the words, it is only 5th grade level.
Go read age level material and you'd understand it.

See, here are some of those badly worded sentences again. Are you trying to say "I'm sorry, I'm only in 5th grade and I can't formulate sentences very well. If you read some material composed by someone a bit older you'd understand" or "I typed this at a 5th grade level. If you can't understand this, go read something from your age (grade?) level [How funny, I'm in 9th grade]."?

Persona wrote:

Many of the replies are from 10 year olds who can't even spell right.

Nobody spelled anything wrong in all of the posts I've seen.

Persona wrote:

This was supposed to be a good classy rant, which was taken the wrong way.

It was taken the wrong way because you made no sense.

Persona wrote:

I guess this is what happens on an forum where 90% of the population is where people who sit in thier basements don't even think about what they say before they blubber it out.

And you were the one complaining about spelling?
By the way, I can make up statistics too. 98% of the people on this forum are bears.

Persona wrote:

Yes, I said that.
Not being offensive.

BS. That's as bad as "With all due respect". You can't just say something offensive and then say "Not being offensive" and expect people not to be offended. That's like calling someone a fatlard and complaining when he gets offended.

Persona wrote:

My point is, this forum needs work, and I will admit it.
I am SO close to leaving at this point because of how these self acclaimed pros are just people who try to act cool with all thier "Memes" jokes they pull out on these poor noobs.

I don't see how that is at all related to the conversation in the topic, except for the first sentence.

Persona wrote:

They just want to chat, and your going in to this with almost no intellectual aspect in the replies.

If they just wanted to chat, they'd go somewhere to chat. In these topics, we talk about the topic. That is, if you can make out what it's trying to say. Also, spelling again.

Persona wrote:

SURE I FREAKIN' Know they can pick.

What does that even mean relating to your post?

Persona wrote:

This is only to address one of my issues with the internet to create a freakin' discussion.

You're hopping around a lot here, which is the problem with your main post. You write about 5 different things in one post and say it's all related, when it's clearly not. Explain one point at a time.

Persona wrote:

That one little mistake kinda led the post a whole new way, and I hope this clearly makes you reread it, or just not to criticize what is on the post.

Perhaps you should correct it then, if it didn't lead the way you meant it to. LOGIC, HOW DOES IT WORK?

Persona wrote:

If you can't understand it, DO NOT reply, as your just creating useless blabwash that needs to be cleansed with soap.

You've gotten one legitimate reply so far, take that as you will.
---

Persona wrote:

I guess so :O

If you don't have anything useful to say about the discussion, don't say it at all.
Makes you look goofy.
---
EDIT: Couldn't come up with a response?

Last edited by JadElClemens (Jan 9 2012 5:19:49 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

Persona 1423707903253529

Board footer