Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

General introduction post.

(Should this be in introductions itself?)

Here is a very good post (IMO) that I posted in Oir's introduction topic

Hello, welcome to the forums! There are many reputable members here (which should have their own group and a badass name color, like dark red) that you can ask for help. I can't speak for the others, but I'd be glad to help anyone who needs it. The people I'd suggest talking to are Takoman02, Myself (JadElClemens), Shy Guy, Supadorf24, Different55 (Or any people with green names, a.k.a. moderators), Krazyman50, 32OrtonEdge32dh, and some other unnamed people (help me out plzlol?).

There are just a few things you need to know that aren't in the rules.

- First off, people with orange/yellow names are forum administrators, but I doubt you'll see many of them that often. People with green names are moderators.
- Second, there are a few topics you may want to read in order to get to know the forums better.
Chimi's ultimate FAQ
The rank topic. If you're ever wondering about ranks, read in there and don't make a new topic for it. Someone posted an idea there and it eventually became the ranking system we have now.
Zoey2070's BBcode topic, which helps you get to know how people color, link things, and do things with their posts. Zoey is a great forumer, but perhaps not the best person to ask for help. I'll let her decide that if she wants to.
Takoman02 has a topic that tells you which section is appropriate to post a new topic in (It says things like "Looking to talk about the game? Post in General Discussion!" (Link is asdf.com))
- Third, make sure to read the stickied topics in game and graphic suggestions before you post. Also, before you post a topic about ANYTHING, use the search function (also located at the top of all pages). Be vague. Instead of searching for specific things. If you want to make a topic about ponies and stuff, don't search "ponies and stuff", or even "ponies stuff". Search "Ponies". The search here is very, very specific and tricky to use.

Here it is edited to be more general and remove language. Edit it as you please to make it better. This should be something we could link to.

Hello, and welcome to the forums! As always, I ask you to read the rules.

There are many reputable members here that you can ask for help. I can't speak for the others, but I'd be glad to help anyone who needs it. The people I'd suggest talking to are Takoman02, Myself (JadElClemens), Shy Guy, Supadorf24, Different55 (Or any people with green names, a.k.a. moderators), Krazyman50, and 32OrtonEdge32dh.

- First off, people with orange/yellow names are forum administrators, but I doubt you'll see many of them that often. People with green names are moderators, and you'll see some of them a lot.
- Second, there are a few topics you may want to read in order to get to know the forums better.
Chimi's ultimate FAQ
The rank topic. If you're ever wondering about ranks, read in there and don't make a new topic for it. Someone posted an idea there and it eventually became the ranking system we have now.
Zoey2070's BBcode topic, which helps you get to know how people color, link things, and do things with their posts. Zoey is a great forumer, but perhaps not the best person to ask for help. I'll let her decide that if she wants to.
Takoman02 has a topic that tells you which section is appropriate to post a new topic in (It says things like "Looking to talk about the game? Post in General Discussion!" (Link is asdf.com))
- Third, make sure to read the stickied topics in game and graphic suggestions before you post. Also, before you post a topic about ANYTHING, use the search function (also located at the top of all pages). Be vague. Instead of searching for specific things. If you want to make a topic about ponies and stuff, don't search "ponies and stuff", or even "ponies stuff". Search "Ponies". The search here is very, very specific and tricky to use.

Thoughts? Also, the next post will be the post I link to when I post it in other introductions so the new users can get right to the point. That's the one I'll be adding suggestions to.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#2 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Re: General introduction post.

Hello, and welcome to the forums! As always, I ask you to read the rules.

There are many reputable members here that you can ask for help. I can't speak for the others, but I'd be glad to help anyone who needs it. The people I'd suggest talking to are Takoman02, Myself (JadElClemens), Shy Guy, Supadorf24, Different55 (Or any people with green names, a.k.a. moderators), Krazyman50, Gamer1120, and 32OrtonEdge32dh.

- First off, people with orange/yellow names are forum administrators, but I doubt you'll see many of them that often. People with green names are moderators, and you'll see some of them a lot.
-> Chimi's ultimate FAQ
-> The rank topic. If you're ever wondering about ranks, read in there and don't make a new topic for it. Someone posted an idea there and it eventually became the ranking system we have now.
-> Zoey2070's BBcode topic, which helps you get to know how people color, link things, and do things with their posts.
-> Takoman's topic placement guide. Look here if you need to know where to put a certain topic.
- Third, make sure to read the stickied topics in game and graphic suggestions before you post. Also, before you post a topic about ANYTHING, use the search function (also located at the top of all pages). Be vague when searching, instead of searching for specific things. If you want to make a topic about ponies and stuff, don't search "ponies and stuff", or even "ponies stuff". Search "Ponies". The search here is very, very specific and tricky to use.

EDIT: Here's Orton's version. He added the part about rep and post count and it's just overall much cleaner than my original one.

Hello, and welcome to the forums!   As always, I ask you to read the rules.

There are many reputable members here that you can ask for help.   I can't speak for the others, but I'd be glad to help anyone who needs it.   The people I'd suggest talking to are JadElClemens, Supadorf24, TakoMan02 Different55 (or any other people with green names, a.k.a. moderators), Zoey2070, Krazyman50, Saintcool, Wolf exile1, and myself.

- First off, people with orange/yellow names are forum administrators, but I doubt you'll see many of them that often.   People with green names are moderators, and you'll see some of them a lot.

- Second, there are a few topics you may want to read in order to get to know the forums better:

Chimi's Ultimate FAQ, which is exactly what it sounds like.

The rank topic.   If you're ever wondering about ranks, read in there and don't make a new topic for it.   Someone posted an idea there and it eventually became the ranking system we have now.

Zoey2070's BBcode topic, which helps you get to know how people color text, link things, and do things with their posts.

TakoMan02's Topic Placement topic tells you which section is appropriate to post a new topic in (It says things like "Looking to talk about the game?   Post in General Discussion!")

- Third, make sure to read the stickied topics in Game Suggestions and Graphics Suggestions before you post.   Also, before you post a topic about ANYTHING, use the Search function (also located at the top of all pages).   Be vague, instead of searching for specific things. If you want to make a topic about funny pictures and stuff, don't search "funny pictures and stuff", or even "funny pictures stuff".   Just search "Funny pictures".   The search here is very, very specific and tricky to use.

- Fourth, the two numbers that don't matter at all are post count and rep (short for reputation).   Post count is obviously the number of posts you have.   This number isn't important because it's about the quality, not quantity, of posts (though a high quantity of high quality posts is good).   The other one, rep, is maybe even less important.   Anyone can +rep (add to the reputation) or -rep (subtract from it) anyone but themselves.   You can +rep someone for whatever you want, and you can -rep them if you've got a good reason.   It's not important since most people just play a game where everyone +reps each other.   A couple people want to stay in the negatives, but that doesn't mean they're a bad forumer.

- Fifth, and most importantly, give me a +rep have FUN!

Last edited by JadElClemens (Aug 9 2012 3:57:46 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#3 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Wow, great introduction for new forumers! I definitely could have used this.

#4 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

JadElClemens wrote:

Hello, welcome to the forums! There are many reputable members here (which should have their own group and a badass name color, like dark red) that you can ask for help. I can't speak for the others, but I'd be glad to help anyone who needs it. The people I'd suggest talking to are Takoman02, Myself (JadElClemens), Shy Guy, Supadorf24, Different55 (Or any people with green names, a.k.a. moderators), Krazyman50, 32OrtonEdge32dh, and some other unnamed people (help me out plzlol?).

Maybe me? I notice that I don't get called in any of those rows. Am I so bad-reputationed or does nobody like me? I mean, I have 3 less reputaton than you, JEC...
Edit: now 5 since kingP added one for the reason //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile and I added one.

Last edited by Gamer1120 (Sep 25 2011 2:03:17 am)

#5 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Nice post.   And I'm not just saying that because I'm included in there.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#6 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Gamer1120 wrote:
JadElClemens wrote:

Maybe me? I notice that I don't get called in any of those rows. Am I so bad-reputationed or does nobody like me? I mean, I have 3 less reputaton than you, JEC...

I see you missed the fact that it says "and some other unnamed people"

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#7 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

What about me? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue Nice post, I love it +rep

#8 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I gotta say, it's a wall of text and people probably won't read it. And, yeah, it's probably best that new people don't contact me because I dislike idiots, which new people tend to be.

fixed. All it needed was maybe 3 sentences being changed and some better spacing. Perhaps you should mention something about grammar and sentence structure and tell people not to abuse smileys!!!!!!! OR EXCLAMATIONS https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL:lol::lol::lol::cool::cool::cool::rolleyes::mad::o
like that.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#9 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

^That's better but there is still alot of text.

#10 Before February 2015

Dazz

suggesting names   might offend others and make them feel discriminated.

Last edited by dazz (Sep 25 2011 7:05:23 am)

#11 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Zoey2070 wrote:

I gotta say, it's a wall of text and people probably won't read it. And, yeah, it's probably best that new people don't contact me because I dislike idiots, which new people tend to be.

fixed. All it needed was maybe 3 sentences being changed and some better spacing. Perhaps you should mention something about grammar and sentence structure and tell people not to abuse smileys!!!!!!! OR EXCLAMATIONS https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL:lol::lol::lol::cool::cool::cool::rolleyes::mad::o
like that.

All you did was change "I'll let her decide" to "Don't be offended by what she says"

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#12 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

You reccomend talking to me? ???

Last edited by Krazyman50 (Sep 24 2011 10:50:53 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

JadElClemens wrote:
Gamer1120 wrote:
JadElClemens wrote:

I see you missed the fact that it says "and some other unnamed people"

I do have a name, and you asked to help you out...

JadElClemens wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

like that.

All you did was change "I'll let her decide" to "Don't be offended by what she says"

And added my name, which I +repped him for.

Last edited by Gamer1120 (Sep 25 2011 2:00:31 am)

#14 Before February 2015

Cyral

Great Topic, can help some of the newbies lol

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#15 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

JadElClemens wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

like that.

*scoff* I added some paragraphing stuff too.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#16 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Zoey2070 wrote:
JadElClemens wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

Lol I snip u

*scoff* I added some paragraphing stuff too.

I didn't notice any changes except spacing and changed words.

Gamer1120 wrote:

And added my name, which I +repped him for.

Well, I added your name as well, but don't +rep me for it. Plus, Zoey is a guy.
EDIT: WHOOPS. Girl.

Last edited by JadElClemens (Oct 15 2011 1:07:22 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#17 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Revived just incase people don't want to go searching for this if they want to know what I'm talking about in my recent group suggestion.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#18 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

cough

Copy/pasting makes this place feel like an assembly line, and the new users are just another object on the conveyor belt.

This is more like spewing practical information instead of a friendly greeting, and in my opinion something like this should be sent via PM to prevent people from feeling like a license plate with no individuality.

I'd much rather have a list of things to include than an example wall of text meant to be copied. Special emphasis on making a different post each time so we don't classify this as spam.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#19 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

It's not not allowed, right?   It's still good for new users to read, and anyone in the Introductions section is probably not going to care about other peoples' topics besides their own.

EDIT: 4444th post!

Last edited by 32OrtonEdge32dh (Aug 16 2012 2:03:02 pm)

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#20 Before February 2015

Muffy

Lame, cause I'm not in it : P

It's a good post but I'd hardly think most of the people who join and indtroduce themselves will read it.

#21 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I think a good portion do.   And like the people say when they're trying to pass a bill, "...if it saves just one life warning...."

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#22 Before February 2015

Deetz

Oh. My. God.

Why must Linus.21 exist?

JadElClemens1423710807250625

Board footer