Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

How to stay a good and reputable member of our community

This is a guide to get a good reputation and to get along with this community. You don't have to follow this completely, this is just a guide and everyone makes mistakes.

1 - Follow the rules
I don't mean to be a mini-mod or anything like that, but if you spam random letters everywhere, there's about a 99.5% chance you will get lots of hate and get banned.
2 - Use good grammar
Grammar makes you sound more professional. You will more likely get code to a level if you ask "May I have code, please?" than asking "cod plz." You can use this to your advantage. Grammar is not very necessary in chat, because it will only be read for like half a minute. If you're a grammar OCD freak like me, you can use grammar in chat.
3 - Stay original and make great levels
Make original concepts for levels. I even had the idea of how to make battling using portals, arrows, hazards, and other stuff like that. Go wild in your imagination. There's a reason original ideas are uncommon, and I advise you to use this guide and this guide to stay original and good.
4 - Help others out
Is there someone else needed to finish a level? Do you want to give them a guide or some tips, like this right here? Helping them will sure get your respect from the creators of the level if you help out a major part. If no one will give you code or editing permission, just simply ask "May I help? If not, that's OK." It will get your editing powers easier than simply asking for code.
5 - Remember that you are not the best
You are not the best person in the world. Remember that fact, and respect it. You are just a player like everyone else here. Don't get me wrong, you are not worthless, and you can make a change in something. Asking for attention would also go in this category. Of speaking of that, do not ask for that, or you will get tons of attention-- in a bad way. Unless you like that, but you should otherwise try to avoid it.
6 - Also remember everyone has different tastes, opinions, and beliefs
Everyone here is different than everyone else. Respect this fact. Don't hate that other guy for making a type of level you dislike. This will help you to stay out of arguments, which will keep your reputation higher.

If you have not followed these guidelines before, tell me what changes you have had if you've been following it. Also, this took over fifteen minutes to write, so I ask you not to treat this like a pile of dirt. Have fun, and try to stay nice, appropriate, original, and safe.
Full guide by: N1KF
Forum Rules by: Unidentified administrator(s) (probably Cyclone)
Level guides by: Nou
Idea inspired by: Arceus64
Guideline source: Personal experience
Do you think something should be added or removed? Just post here. I'll try to keep up on this topic.

Last edited by N1KF (May 4 2014 11:59:31 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Re: How to stay a good and reputable member of our community

I like this!

+rep

#3 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

Nice guide.

This should be stickied in Introductions. Yn8I7.png

#4 Before February 2015

Master1

Number(1)KirbyFan10 wrote:

1 - Follow the rules
I don't mean to be a mini-mod or anything like that, but if you spam random letters everywhere, there's 99.5% chance you will get lots of hate and get banned.

Did you know that 76.4% of the time, people use fake percentages to make them look smarter?

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#5 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Master1 wrote:

1 - Follow the rules
I don't mean to be a mini-mod or anything like that, but if you spam random letters everywhere, there's 99.5% chance you will get lots of hate and get banned.

Did you know that 76.4% of the time, people use fake percentages to make them look smarter?

You're using fake percentages yourself. ._.

That's the point, Einstein.

#6 Before February 2015

5lin65h07

Take my sig, for example. See that in my opinion how 4D got awesome? Thats because in my opinion, I think that 4D is awesome.

Last edited by 5lin65h07 (May 10 2013 7:24:57 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Master1 wrote:

1 - Follow the rules

Did you know that 88.542% of statistical percentages are made up on the spot?

And this guide is like the blind leading the blind, if you know what I mean.

#8 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

just saying, making 'good' levels has nothing to do with being a reputable member. look at me, most of my completed levels are absolute crap that i whipped up in about ten minutes in a fit of motivation. my best level were collaborations with friends. i still get noticed by people in levels, though.
also my grammar has gone to crap recently and i think i'm still a reputable person.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#9 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

^ That's because you're already a reputable member of the community. If you had like 10 posts and had terrible grammar, people would take you less seriously. Also, you don't make spammy posts with bad grammar. All Most (I haven't read them all //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink ) of your posts are well written and useful.

Last edited by Onjit (May 11 2013 6:29:45 pm)

:.|:;

#10 Before February 2015

Marios

Inb4sticky

#11 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I added credits for those who helped me make this guide.

Last edited by N1KF (May 18 2013 10:09:44 am)

#12 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Marios wrote:

Inb4sticky

This topic is unlikely to be stickied, considering how rare it is for something to be stickied.

#13 Before February 2015

Koto

Is this how Linus21 become well-known?

N1KF1423711911249521

Board footer