Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Deetz

Other Forum: Genius and Idiotic

There is another forum I go on, and it has some things that I think are good ideas, and some terrible ideas. First off, it is a forum for a flash game that you make an account for (and you don't need an email to make an account for some reason) and it has a sort of money system where you get one "point" for every level you win. So I've been playing it for about 2 weeks now, and I have about 150 points. At 100 points, you are allowed to join the forums.

No spambots. None. There isn't a single spambot on this forum, and it's very popular, much more popular than this one. Also, none who play the game once, make a forum account, make one post, and then are never seen again. Good? Of course it is.

Some other good things: The forum is directly connected to the game. That is, there's a "Forum" button on your screen, and if you press it, you go to the forums in your account. In the forums, there is a button that says "Close", and that takes you back to the game.

Implementing these into this forum would take an immense amount of work I'm sure, and probably a whole forum restart where everyone will just start over. So that's a bad thing about these good things.

The last good thing is, if you make an avatar, the forums edits the size to 90 pixels or whatever their size is. I made an avatar that was only about 50x50, and I wasn't happy about that, but when I put it in, it was 90 or whatever their limit is pixels!

And now we come to the bad things. There is no rep system (which some people could be happy about, but the noobs like me don't know who to trust) AND no post counts (same thing). There are no sigs in this forum for some reason. I mean, why take out the sigs? To save space? Honestly, nobody ever posts more than one line on this forum anyway! It seems pointless to not have sigs.

And that sums it up; and now you know some things I think we should have on this forum, and some things that I think should never be implemented. Bye!!!

PS: the game I speak of is quite dumb actually, yet insanely addicting. Try it if you want, I guess transformice.com

#2 Before February 2015

Muffin

Re: Other Forum: Genius and Idiotic

Chris would never implement this. These are strictly fan forums and in no way associated with the regular game.

(i still think it's a good idea >.>)

#3 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Chris has been dead for over a year now.

#4 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I think it would help a lot to prevent forum bots from spamming.
However, as mentioned Chris never implemented a forum (though Sitebox exists, could be of use?) so I'm assuming he has a reason not to.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#5 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

How are we to stop spambots?

#6 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Fdoou wrote:

How are we to stop spambots?

Spambots don't play Flash games in order to sign up.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#7 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Deetz wrote:

noobs like me don't know who to trust

Reputation isn't an indicator of one's reputation, unfortunately.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Deetz 1423712042249390

Board footer