Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

Trap-door/Drop-down/Call-it-what-you-want blocks

A variety of puzzles could be made with a kind of block acting like a trap door.

The way I see it would be simple to use:

1. The block is specifically designed to show it's a trap door. The design of the block I do not care about, if this idea is accepted people can argue about it in the Graphics Suggestions forum.

2. If a smiley were to use the block as a platform for a long enough time , and the smiley would fall through. After falling through the block would regain its solidity and be used as a platform.

3. The trapdoor is only affected by the individual player's smiley; just like other smileys collecting coins wouldn't cause your smiley's Coin gates to open, others can fall through a trap door block and you be fine.

Now, there are many, many ways this trap door can function. Perhaps it would only hold for half-a-second or so, only allowing one to race across a collapsing bridge of them or some other situation like that. Perhaps it could hold for 1-2 seconds, forcing the player to do some quick platforming (a crew like EX could easily turn these blocks into torture).

Maybe, instead of having to stand on the block for a certain amount of time at once, there can be an accumulation of the block before it simply crumbles.

Perhaps the trap doors will regenerate almost instantly, or it could be that there can be a seperate switch that reforms the blocks.

The best option I see with this idea would be a Trap Door pack with most or all of these ideas. Each of the blocks would need their own seperate coding, but each of the blocks combined could create dozens of new puzzles that will be plagiarized by members who can't create their own ideas.

Whether this has been suggested or not I do not know, but if it was, I hope it received a positive reaction.

#2 Before February 2015

twin802

Re: Trap-door/Drop-down/Call-it-what-you-want blocks

Or a block that falls down with you... Great idea

#3 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

I like the Idea, but I think this has been suggested.

#4 Before February 2015

twin802

Fdoou wrote:

I like the Idea, but I think this has been suggested.

Yeah it probably has

Lin Keui Swampert 1423737516223916

Board footer