Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Breadfinn

Letters/Typing guide

Hello forum
I would like to help you on how to write letters on Everybody edits.

Click here for fonts by Wezza. Link is Beta Only

Here's some fonts/letters I found on the internet. You can copy them and use them in your levels:
http://www.vinylgraphics.com.au/LetterStyles.html

When I'm in levels, I mostly see this:
guide1.jpg
Many people use that style, even forumers. It's mostly in newbie levels but if you shade them it might look nicer. You can see how shading works farther in this guide.

There do many letter/number styles exist in Everybody Edits. They are mostly in boss levels, where you can see the winning streaks and the names. And often are shaded to look nicer.

So here it is:

Here's one of my favorite style I use much in other levels
guide2.jpg

---------

I took that from the letters under my flying smiley, or here:
guide3.jpg

---------

They are always, or mostly 5x5. You can make them bigger or smaller, whatever you want;
guide35-1.jpg

---------

Now as you can see, that is far away from finished. So I add colours so it gets more attention from players.
guide4.jpg

Looks finished? Nope. I shade it. I pick the colours from my Inventory and find the purple set
guide5-1.jpg

---------

There it is. But that's one style. You can do many, random styles. Here's the style I use mostly in levels.
I draw a small sketch of it
guide6.jpg

---------

Now it looks ugly. I don't want it to look like that, so I simply fix it:
guide7.jpg

---------

And for the last part: Shade
guide8-2.jpg

Well that's it. I hope I helped, and if you need more shading colours, click this link by BEE and if I did help, orton removed

Last edited by Breadfinn (Sep 8 2011 3:20:39 pm)

5671.jpg

#2 Before February 2015

Baticon

Re: Letters/Typing guide

Dude you are GENIUS! This is what we need.Sometimes.Not rarely.But it is so usable.
Make the topic longer and more informing,and it can be a sticky //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink And I cant do better but improve the blue ones,you know,like italic.

Last edited by baticon (Sep 6 2011 4:55:36 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

This is a good idea. I usually do a bit of words on most of my levels, but I rarely shade them.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#4 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

I was just about to make this tutorial :O

#5 Before February 2015

Wezza

Most forumers know me from my old fonts world (beta only).
To bad you are earlier then me making this guide, cause I'm currently also making one. And I still make fonts, in the past I also had a topic where people could request their name in a style they wanted it to be, then I made it.

#6 Before February 2015

Breadfinn

baticon wrote:

Dude you are GENIUS! This is what we need.Sometimes.Not rarely.But it is so usable.
Make the topic longer and more informing,and it can be a sticky //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink And I cant do better but improve the blue ones,you know,like italic.

The thing is, I suck at making guides. My english isn't good enough, I can't find the right words //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wezza wrote:

Most forumers know me from my old fonts world (beta only).
To bad you are earlier then me making this guide, cause I'm currently also making one. And I still make fonts, in the past I also had a topic where people could request their name in a style they wanted it to be, then I made it.

Added the level

5671.jpg

#7 Before February 2015

Cyral

Nice Guide! Although I can aready make lots of fancy fonts.

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#8 Before February 2015

AcellOfllSpades

I have a font that I use in most of my levels. It's 5x5, but it's all lowercase and I made it a while ago.

#9 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

This is a great guide, although I didn't think many people care. Your cursive is great though I liked it.
Off Topic: Where is all these guides coming from?

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#10 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

No idea.

I usually use that same 5x5 EE font, or a 3x3 if I'm strapped for space.   I consider myself already pro at shading and fonts, and this guide pretty much spells out what I already know.   Not bad, +rep.   But for future reference, don't ask for rep in posts or your sig.   It'll end up getting you LESS rep in the long run.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Breadfinn1423766101195331

Board footer