Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-28 09:27:47

RileyC603

[EEU] Questions, Suggestions, general etc. thread

So I have a ton of questions for EEU (and EE, kinda) so here I go

EE
- Will there be anything else special (not by users) in EE's final week/days?
thats it tho lol

EEU
- Will regular colored bricks be added? I feel like the bricks (and brick grass) are a part of EE and should be included
- Will crews be added, and if so, will they be able to create their own campaigns?
- When will Heavy Boosts (idk what they're called) be added?
- Will you change the switches to the classic purple and orange, or leave them gray?
- When will the free opt-ins be accepted? (I'm guessing after the server rework, to handle the 50-100? or so players flocking to EEU when EE shuts down)
- Will there be any nods/easter eggs to Everybody Edits in EEU, such as a secret 16x16 smiley somewhere?

Anyways, thank you for your time!

i would put a signature here but i cant put images

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool
[/][/]
[/][/]

Wooted by:

#2 2020-11-28 11:43:03

peace

Re: [EEU] Questions, Suggestions, general etc. thread

RileyC603 wrote:

- When will the free opt-ins be accepted? (I'm guessing after the server rework, to handle the 50-100? or so players flocking to EEU when EE shuts down)

currenty anyone wiht an EE accoutn can opt in

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2020-11-28 16:39:16, last edited by mutantdevle (2020-11-28 16:39:39)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

You can find a comprehensive list of all the public plans for EEU here: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=47231

However, to answer some of your questions specifically:

RileyC603 wrote:

Will crews be added, and if so, will they be able to create their own campaigns?

We won't have crews specifically but there are plans for something similar to credit multiple builders for a world and then adding those worlds to a 'series' of worlds is something that may come much later.

RileyC603 wrote:

Will you change the switches to the classic purple and orange, or leave them gray?

They will remain grey though it is likely that more colours will be added (hence builders can choose if they want different colours to represent different types)

RileyC603 wrote:

When will the free opt-ins be accepted?

Currently, Xeno has to manually process all of the opt-ins which takes a lot of time. However, an automatic process is being worked on so hopefully opt-ins will be processed a lot faster sometime soon.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#4 2020-11-28 17:09:50, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-11-28 17:33:21)

Minisaurus
Banned

RileyC603 wrote:

- Will regular colored bricks be added? I feel like the bricks (and brick grass) are a part of EE and should be included

EE staff is ashamed of how similar are those to mario bricks, don´t expect them to be added.

(Just watch the first minute lol (0:50-1:00))

EEU basic blocks were replaced without the dots in the corners for the same reason.
There is other graphics in EE that won´t be added for the same "copyright" reason.
I don´t think this is the case, as EE has been there for so long, that EEU would not copyrighting from mario but from EE, so it is completely safe to remake every single EE graphic to EEU, if there is a lawyer, correct this please, if not shut up please, EE don´t need speculations, having a lawyer to clarify all this **** would be the only smart thing done for a very long time.
Is it safe to remake the EE graphics to EEU? (Asking to a lawyer if there is any, and there is none lol, pay one to answer those questions staff please, stop the damn speculations about copyright and get a real lawyer).

Other reasons there won´t be some graphics from EE is either to respect everyone.
Avoiding to depict: Religions, Ethnicities, Cultures, whenever it could be offensive for someone. (There will be cases that something that could be offensive will be added anyway, and other times when something that is not offensive to anyone won´t be added anyway tho).

TBH, many of the graphics in EEU are currently tasteless, bland, and if they want a high quality graphic game (in it´s own style) they must eventually re-make it´s graphics, making them more attractive and with a distinctive "personality".

I would be infinitely **** off if they are not planning to completely trash and delete graphics from the EEU to replace them with better ones.
I hope they don´t suffer hoarding disorder.

For example, the current EEU bricks are the most bland and normie graphics right now, they are the candidate 1° to be trashed to be replaced with more interesting bricks.
I would be bored to death if the house where I live had the current EEU bricks.

#5 2020-11-28 19:51:58

RileyC603

mutantdevle wrote:

You can find a comprehensive list of all the public plans for EEU here: link

However, to answer some of your questions specifically:

RileyC603 wrote:

Will crews be added, and if so, will they be able to create their own campaigns?

We won't have crews specifically but there are plans for something similar to credit multiple builders for a world and then adding those worlds to a 'series' of worlds is something that may come much later.

RileyC603 wrote:

Will you change the switches to the classic purple and orange, or leave them gray?

They will remain grey though it is likely that more colours will be added (hence builders can choose if they want different colours to represent different types)

RileyC603 wrote:

When will the free opt-ins be accepted?

Currently, Xeno has to manually process all of the opt-ins which takes a lot of time. However, an automatic process is being worked on so hopefully opt-ins will be processed a lot faster sometime soon.

thank you! that helps

Minisaurus wrote:
RileyC603 wrote:

TBH, many of the graphics in EEU are currently tasteless, bland, and if they want a high quality graphic game (in it´s own style) they must eventually re-make it´s graphics, making them more attractive and with a distinctive "personality".

irl bricks b bland tho :eyes: but i see what ur sayin ty

peace wrote:
RileyC603 wrote:

currenty anyone wiht an EE accoutn can opt in

when theyre accepted into eeu not accepted to opt into eeu

i would put a signature here but i cant put images

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool
[/][/]
[/][/]

Wooted by:

#6 2020-11-29 01:16:59

AllenCaspe9510
Website

EE:
My Email is fake since the golden age of EE and I haven't opt in yet, should I opt in?

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#7 2020-11-29 04:20:34

John

AllenCaspe9510 wrote:

EE:
My Email is fake since the golden age of EE and I haven't opt in yet, should I opt in?

No, please contact Xenonetix ([email protected]) and he'll be able to further assist.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:
John1606620034786262

Board footer