Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#176 2020-04-01 20:37:33

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Pass ownership to JoshuaStone

Making a full EE Clone would be tricky. Everybody Edits is a brand, and Xenonetix fully owns it as far as I know. According to the Terms, using EE assets for money is not allowed. Most MMO games have some form of monetization so that the servers can be kept up and the game is marketed, but a no-profit fan-made EE game wouldn't have this. A game of this sort would have to use decentralized servers, which could give virtual rewards to users allowing their computers to process connection data. And yes, we could do low-scale advertising and get volunteer programmers, but there's nothing stopping that from happening with current EE. Where would we collect these programmers as you suggested?

Even if the EE Clone were free, there's still the possibility that legal stuff could get in the way. What if EE gets a new owner who doesn't approve of this and wipes the EE Clone from the face of earth? EE's ownership hasn't been stable and it's possible (if unlikely) it could happen.

There's also the fact that the original Everybody Edits happened at a specific time in a specific phase of the internet. Waving goodbye to the brand that has somehow survived all this would be unfortunate, and having the direct nostalgic connections to the original EE could help old fans feel more welcome.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but there's still reasons people aren't just leaving EE for some a fan-made game. I might be clingy, but this is the only game I know of in this very specific niche and I don't want to lose what made it special.

What very well could be done is a fan-made EEO. The server and money problems aren't there, and the Staff have already given us info that suggests we can 1-up them, such as the game being in Flash. I would appreciate if you told me where I can get volunteer programmers, but a negative part of me says I won't be able to get volunteer programmers who will make this game as accessible, customizable, and open-source as I'm hoping this is.

As with an EE Clone, we need permission from the Staff to make an EEO. We have permission already, but if Xeno loses ownership of EE then this may no longer be legal to do. EE's future must be secured from the kind of neglect we got in the MrShoe era.

#177 2020-04-01 22:05:40

Gosha

N1KF wrote:

Making a full EE Clone would be tricky. Everybody Edits is a brand, and Xenonetix fully owns it as far as I know. According to the Terms, using EE assets for money is not allowed.

Let's be honest, even xenonetix wouldn't go to international court to fight a rip-off of everybody edits. Courts cost LOTS money, and nobody got time for a little thing like ee. Said that, i am not talking about a copy of ee. I am talking about a similar game, a platformer with great graphics, not exactly like ee ones.

N1KF wrote:

but there's nothing stopping that from happening with current EE.

there is? xenonetix who launched patreon to collect funds for eeu and ever since spent this money badly, probably most of it in his pocket (he can deny it as he pleases).

N1KF wrote:

I'm not saying it can't be done, but there's still reasons people aren't just leaving EE for some a fan-made game. I might be clingy, but this is the only game I know of in this very specific niche and I don't want to lose what made it special.

I would say this is true several years ago. But it would deny this now. EE is lowest it has ever been. 10 years old nostalgia wears off. EEU is being developed, but most likely ee will have just 1 player by the time it is gonna get released (judging by the progress). There is no need to stick to this instance of the game, This game literally can't bring anything more than it's copies can't now.

btw this whole thread wasn't about making ee clone, it was about how insignificant current ee and ee staff are that making more dramas is literally wasting everyone's time.

Wooted by:

#178 2020-04-02 11:27:42

Kira

Account still banned after 4 days //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by: (4)

#179 2020-04-02 14:54:06

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

can we revive this

Wooted by: (2)

#180 2020-04-02 15:19:10

Luka504

Imagine expecting Xeno to reconsider whether his actions were just lmaooo

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (3)

#181 2020-04-02 16:03:29

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Merged Gosha’s thread.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#182 2020-04-02 16:31:47

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

Hi this is related to the "EE remake" thread and not the "Pass ownership" thread. Thanks, Tomahawk for making this so very confusing.

It was honestly a bad idea to announce EEU so early into development, seeing as they're still developing some of the most basic blocks for the game. A better idea would've been to wait until there was a playable demo that could actually be compared to EE... although, knowing myself, I probably didn't see how much content was in the game in the first place.

Making a fanmade EE remake is a bad idea, considering that EE is so unpopular and empty right now that I'm pretty sure even OG players would go "oh.. that game..".
A remake will not solve the withering popularity of EE. If you are to make a game similar to EE, then it would simply be a better idea to start from scratch, completely disconnecting the game from EE itself, because saying "hey look this is EE but we made it!" won't sell, because no one knows what EE is. Yes, you can possibly gather a team of programmers who are EE fans, but connecting yourself to EE any further wont really work that well because of reasons stated.

For developers, you'll want developers who code well enough for features to get released perhaps once a week, taking into account how hard it is to program anything, but also how well one can program. People like Gosha, SirJosh, or maybe myself ( //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink ) would be well suited for this kind of thing.

sorry for going off on a tangent, just wanted to put my thoughts out there...

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

Wooted by:

#183 2020-04-02 18:09:17, last edited by Kira (2020-04-02 18:12:52)

Kira

Xenonetix wrote:

RPGMaster2000 for owner.

Exactly the response I'd expect from a middleschooler, not from a 30 years old tho.

****.. I messed up. Oh well, I'm gonna ban him. Hold up, he wants to make a forum topic against me? GRRRR!... ummm Rpgm...R... RPGMASTER2000 FOR OWNER! haha https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL Oh well, hopefully they'll move on to another drama.... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

I don't know what's going through your mind whenever you blow up. A mature and educated person would learn from their mistakes and avoid redoing them, you know?
Doesn't really happen with our owner though.

694410687279267891.png

He treats his team member like actual crap, goes on an anger rampage whenever he is critisized, and would even permanently ban (or fire) someone for speaking their opinion(s) against his beliefs, his visions. (Myself, Phinarose, Lukem, Jawapa, Gosha for example...). He does not accept critisism, or being proven wrong. In his mind he is right, and would go to the end of the earth to prove his delusion.

He wants to have control over everything, including the forums, in order to impose his dicatorship. He had a taste of power, now he desires even more. He wants to have full control over everything in order to silence anyone that would get in his way, just like as mentionned previously by a few some kind of North Korean/Chinese censorship, completely denying us that "freedom of speech" we have. And god knows, It's already limited as it is. Imagine permanently banning someone, on Everybody Edits, on discord, on Everybody Edits Universe, pretty much everywhere for opposing his dictatorship? You call that being a good owner?

He is afraid of people tarnishing his reputation with factual events, he is afraid that the very few that have no idea of what he did in the past or is capable of, the very few that blindly follows him in hope they will become a moderator one day become aware of all of this.

Remember: Nothing here is exaggerated, we are in an actual dictatorship and, as a community that cares about the future of the game have to stand against this nonsense.

Events that happened and can be proven (Not in order):

> EEU's developement has been on and off for almost 2 years now, the beta version just shows how little has been made during that time. Most of the physics are pretty much ruined from the original game, portals' physics are buggy.
                  > Lukem hasn't done much during these 2 years, spends most of his time interracting to the community as a developer.

Hidden text

> Has fired both Phinarose and Gosha for speaking their miscontent with the way the owner handles things.
                  https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=45046
                  > Has gone on a banning spree recently due to anger issues and inability to handle things professionally and civilly
                  > Has REFUSED to tell the community about the email/password/ip leaks multiple times now
                  > Has deleted posts on the forums silencing the opinions of some
                  > REFUSES to share with the community where the Patreon funds are going/have been used
                  > And finally, does not have the necessary funds to be an owner despite receiving patreon money each month and being +30 years old IRL.

Xenonetix wrote:

Are you just in this for the money?
No. I purposely fought for the position I'm now in to work towards saving Everybody Edits, and attempting to rescue it from seemingly inevitable oblivion. I was a community member for 6 and a half years before becoming official staff, and Everybody Edits means a lot to me. It's not a money-grabbing machine in my eyes. Sure, I want it to succeed, and I'd like to make enough from it for me to be able to work on EE full time with a reasonable wage, but I really don't think that's unreasonable to aim for. I'm not looking for fortunes, and I'm willing to spread the wealth. I've got solid plans for the budgets, and how they're spent, and they've been holding up well so far. No matter how people view it, money is required not only to live, but to "do things", including things directly related to keeping Everybody Edits alive.

^ Basically this is a bunch of bs.

Enough of the rainbows and butterflies. Step down and leave. You're not cut for this.

Wooted by: (5)

#184 2020-04-02 18:37:43

Minimania
Moderation Team

For those of you talking about a platformer with amazing graphics as an alternative to EE

Platform Racing 3 still exists. It's a platformer and you can literally make your own graphics in the game itself.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#185 2020-04-02 18:39:29, last edited by peace (2020-04-02 18:40:02)

peace

becuase of 1 problem he has he doesnr deserve to be owner dude none is 100% perfect accept that

i mean wihtotu xenonetix we owuldnt have gotten to EEU closed beta at all

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#186 2020-04-02 18:40:09

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Forum mods, please consider splitting these topics back into two. There are now around FOUR subjects lumped into one discussion thread. (These include JoshuaStone becoming owner, the Kira/Xeno incident if that's still a controversy, EE's insignificance, and a possible fan-made follow-up to EE.)

Gosha wrote:

btw this whole thread wasn't about making ee clone, it was about how insignificant current ee and ee staff are that making more dramas is literally wasting everyone's time.

I've thought about this and maybe you're right. In my original post I was hesitant to address this because I stubbornly thought it should be self-explanatory that EE should continue and survive. But ultimately, how attached should I be to the Jumping Smiley Face Aesthetic? Is a legacy begun by uninspired Facebook and Mario graphics something to be attached to? I've taken a rather defensive response from "EE is dead" statements, which is probably because I consider this community my "home" of the internet that has remained pretty much the same for over 8 years.

If EE's continuation with EEU or some fan remake doesn't go well, the best possible sendoff for EE would be an ultimate Everybody Edits legacy version, like Everybody Edits Offline but better. Featuring options for all past variants of graphics and physics for nostalgia value, playable both offline and in a web browser. Has eelvl import and export support allowing us to play all the worlds we enjoyed over the years. Multiplayer support, but reworked in a way that works well for small numbers of users. (For example, have no accounts or saved worlds, and use nicknames like those io games. And maybe allow users to easily host their own servers so no moderation is needed, and can be played until the end of time.)

It could even have new features such as new modes, TAS features, and in-game support for texture and sound changes. Being niche doesn't have to be a bad thing. "EE has zero active players" doesn't have to mean it's dead, just that it's reworked in a way to make it less of a falling civilization and more of a museum.

That said, maybe I'm being naive but I still have some hope that EEU can revive EE...

Wooted by:

#187 2020-04-02 18:47:28

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

peace wrote:

becuase of 1 problem he has he doesnr deserve to be owner dude none is 100% perfect accept that

Hi peace.
When will you wake up?

1 problem?
Did you even read what Kira said?
Are you sure it's 1 PROBLEM ONLY?

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#188 2020-04-02 19:11:27

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

peace wrote:

without xeno's outrages we would be out of closed beta and into maybe open alpha (or whatever goes after beta idc)

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#189 2020-04-02 19:11:44

Gosha

xenonetix:"Luke definitely oversold his skills when we hired him"

What lol, no matter what happened recently, luke was pretty good doing a lot of stuff at the beginning. He did a lot of stuff and the fact that he doesn't have time to do ee related stuff now doesn't mean you can just lie how bad he is.
tbh if i were luke i would lose interest in working on eeu too. Under this ownership it feels more like labor-intensive work for some douchebag than a fun project.

And yes, you fired him because of rage and your incompetence, there was no "sound and justified" reason.

Many (especially non-programmers) don't realize how long it takes to program even basic things when you are working on a project.
It's been 20 days from the day i started making npcs, to the day they were released. And i was working several hours a day.

I realize how time consuming and hard it can be. That's why i am telling you that eeu progress is ****. Proper staff (under good owner) could produce and already release a great eeu game long ago.

Wooted by: (4)

#190 2020-04-02 19:22:29

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TundrumMax wrote:

without xeno's outrages we would be out of closed beta and into maybe open alpha (or whatever goes after beta idc)

I wouldn't say this is true. I don't think Xeno's abuse of power when he's angry has much correlation to the slow development speed; they're two separate issues.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#191 2020-04-02 19:23:23

Cyral

N1KF wrote:

Everybody Edits is a brand

the EE brand lost all its value after the hacking incident. having a different name would be better now

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

Wooted by: (2)

#192 2020-04-02 19:23:50

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

mutantdevle wrote:
TundrumMax wrote:

I wouldn't say this is true. I don't think Xeno's abuse of power when he's angry has much correlation to the slow development speed; they're two separate issues.

yeah but what about him firing Gosha, that definitely impeded development considering what Gosha has done for EE

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#193 2020-04-02 19:28:49

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TundrumMax wrote:

yeah but what about him firing Gosha, that definitely impeded development considering what Gosha has done for EE

I personally consider the act of firing specifically Gosha to be justified (the other people who fired weren't, however). If Xeno had stepped down as owner and Gosha stayed on as a developer, sure, more things might have been done. But if he didn't fire him and Xeno remained owner I don't think much more would be done by now due to the friction of the two of them working together.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#194 2020-04-02 19:34:33

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

Cyral wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Everybody Edits is a brand

the EE brand lost all its value after the hacking incident. having a different name would be better now

yes this is what I mean! we need to make our own community ee and rise against our overlords!

srsly tho am i the only person who really likes the idea of working with others to remake ee? please tell me im not alone in this feeling

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#195 2020-04-02 20:13:07, last edited by Yoshi2018 (2020-04-02 20:26:50)

Yoshi2018

How has this thread not been locked yet? There are no new ideas here.

tenor.gif?itemid=12450202
downwoot for forums 2020

#196 2020-04-02 20:48:22

ASDruska

off topic

i think xeno should either abstain from using his moderator powers (lmao) or completely get rid of them. i dont trust someone this unstable to run the game and i dont think removing his ability to go on a powertrip will help anything but whatever

cringe ^
based v

#197 2020-04-02 20:51:22

Kkay
Formerly Kaydog99

Imagine cussing out and yelling at a 16 year old girl with brain issues over the internet, and then thinking everything you just said was completely fine and justified, actually disgusting please just like leave the community period, like where's the shred of human decency in that.

#198 2020-04-02 20:57:17

Minimania
Moderation Team

ASDruska wrote:

pr3 is a disaster when it comes to level editing. it's either be talented at art or your level sucks **** and even if you are a talented artist making levels is tedious

This is so **** relatable, but still

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#199 2020-04-02 21:03:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

This was the response I was writing to Rat's topic before it was closed:

It's strange to see how Xeno fears things like this leaking as though he has any kind of positive reputation with the community. No matter how **** his actions are, regardless of if they are a **** abuse of power or a **** display of personality, we have literally no real power to remove him. The majority of the community has made it very clear that we want him gone but the only way that will happen is he decides to leave - the most we can do is pressure him into doing that. Given how poor Xeno's reputation with the community already is, it surprises me that he still cares how we view him. It's very clear from previous drama that having a **** reputation does not impact Patreon too badly. Some people simply don't care about what kind of person owns the game as they just want to support the game they love.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#200 2020-04-02 21:13:54, last edited by Processor (2020-04-02 23:44:01)

Processor

Today, rat created this topic:

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=46822

In the past, we have allowed such topics to be posted on the forums, as they shed light on the ability of Xenonetix to perform his job as the game owner - verbally abusing players half his age is not OK.
This change in forum policy coincides with the fact that these forums are now officially under the administration of Xenonetix and his staff (Diff is a staff member now).

The way Tomahawk dealt with the issue was very professional. However the implication of this decision is that we can no longer rely on these forums to gain insight about Xeno's wrongdoings.
It is therefore important that you do not solely form your opinion based on Xenopropaganda and subscribe to independent journalism, such as the one we offer on our third-party Discord server.

You can join our server via the link below and enjoy extensive uncensored coverage of all EE dramas (including the current one), as well as memes, voice chats, programming advice, and much more.
https://discord.gg/QT8qkBg

EDIT: Just to be clear:
- Tomahawk handled the situation properly and professionally, there is no wrongdoing on his side.
- For the better or worse, Gren is being silenced on these forums.
- This post is an advertisement for my server. Our Discord did not silence Gren, this post raises awareness to that fact and invites those who are interested to join.
- The line about "Xenopropaganda" and independent journalism is a joke.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by: (5)
Kira1586766279778849

Board footer