Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-13 21:20:27

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Analysis of minimap colors in Everybody Edits Universe

From this image which apparently came from a Discord server:

R97R8MM.png

New packs confirmed! In addition to the return of the grey Beta block, we have three stone-like blocks from an unfamiliar pack. They look closest to the Stone pack from EE, but they're cleaner and have sharp edges. My guess is that they're this game's counterpart to the Brick pack for multiple reasons:

First of all, they look clay-like, and bricks are made of clay (thanks, Minecraft). Second of all they are used to represent dirt and grass. This was the purpose of the brown Brick and Grass blocks in EE, but we don't have any here it seems so it makes sense the "stone" block is being used instead of a grass block. Based on LukeM's unclear statement on how grass will return, I assume the Staff are still working out what to do with it. Third of all, their colours on the minimap are pretty similar to that of the Brick pack.

-

We got the confirmed minimap colours of the yellow, red, purple, and black Basic blocks. We also got the colours of the white, gold and bronze Metal blocks, plus the gray Beta block and three from the unnamed stone pack. The color of the player's own smiley is the same shade of saturated green as always.

Also on the minimap, we have six mystery colours: The grey blocks used on the edges of the world, the green blocks used to draw the smiley face, the blue and cyan blocks used to write the text, and the orange and dark red blocks used on the heart.

The grey edge blocks are very likely just the grey Basic block, as those are used by default to surround a world.

I shrunk the green Basic block down in an image editor and got the same green color found on the minimap. The same applies for the blue and cyan text blocks, plus the orange on the heart which are, again,probably Basic Blocks.

The dark red on the heart is the trickiest. It's not Basic, and the Metal block seems way too bright. I suspect it's either a background or (more likely) an unseen red stone-like block. It has a similar level of saturation and brightness as the green stone-like block, and the red Brick block counterpart in EE is fairly dark.

-

epVNGBS.png

Based on the minimap colors we have I made a chart. They're different from EE, which means fishbole will need to be slightly redesigned. Here's a comparison between EE and EEU. (I'm using the Brick blocks as counterparts to the stone-like blocks plus the unseen dark red block.)

8ZY3anj.gif

The EEU blocks look noticably softer and lighter than EE. In my opinion the red, orange, and yellow Basic blocks look much better. The red doesn't have a strange purple tint to it, the orange block doesn't stick out, and the shade of yellow now has more red than green now which is a good choice.

The grey Beta block is noticably darker than EE's. For worlds migrated from EE to EEU, it will be interesting to see how this affects the minimap art of older worlds. The lighter white Metal block will probably make attempts at "white" on the minimap more effective.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#2 2019-08-13 21:28:32

Gosha

Re: Analysis of minimap colors in Everybody Edits Universe

Is it just me or the dirt and grass blocks look weird.
It's totally fine and even great for stone blocks, but grass and dirt looks oddly off.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2019-08-13 23:24:50

Zumza

This image was also posted in the discord server:

unknown.png

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by: (4)

#4 2019-08-13 23:55:32

NoNK

Beveled is NOT a word.

#5 2019-08-14 04:31:17

Kentiya
Website

I'd like to point out that all graphics, minimap colors, package names, interface design, etc. are subject to change at any point, and many of them certainly will through the remainder of Alpha and even into Closed Beta. Also, these screenshots are from before the latest addition of new metal blocks, a finished coin (the screenshot version was just a test), and smiley improvements. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

kentiya-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2019-08-14 13:17:29

Charlie59876EE

NoNK wrote:

Beveled is NOT a word.

it is though

When your energy refills...
mfe5hE8.png

#7 2019-08-14 14:03:28

Nebula

I think that was it, guys. R.I.P. White minimap trail on smileys from option on game settings

#8 2019-08-14 15:28:35

peace

Zumza wrote:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png

Kentiya wrote:

I'd like to point out that all graphics, minimap colors, package names, interface design, etc. are subject to change at any point, and many of them certainly will through the remainder of Alpha and even into Closed Beta. Also, these screenshots are from before the latest addition of new metal blocks, a finished coin (the screenshot version was just a test), and smiley improvements. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

i like these 3 metal blocks a lot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#9 2019-08-14 16:14:28

TheTriplet
Website

peace wrote:
Zumza wrote:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png

Kentiya wrote:

i like these 3 metal blocks a lot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

they look pretty cool, i also like the coin and the gravity blocks (the dot looks like a big dot from ee lol)

biggest feats:
1. (wr) Tutorial 3 - 17.17
2. (wr) Tutorial 4 - 36.88 (unrecorded sadly)
3. idk lets say that BTS2 - 142 deaths

oh and also: it's a lie that 9+10 is 21, it's 20!

#10 2019-08-14 16:19:48

Anatoly

Kenya, I'm sorry, but the UI is not the best of your creations, please redo the third logo from the left, the hatbox can be also better. Or even better: Use Glyphicons from bootstrap.

I suppose the first is 'Menu' the most left is exit? The second one is fine. The third helicopter and two lines.. Hmm? God mode? Helicopter mode? Whatever it is, redo please.

Now to the right: Fullscreen is okay.

Apparently guest names are not darkened. Thank you! Respect everyone, no chat bans against guests! (No, really, that's great).

On the game play above it looks like you can still jump 3 blocks height, so the height, I assume, will not be changed.

#11 2019-08-14 17:23:25

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Anatoly wrote:

The third helicopter and two lines.. Hmm? God mode? Helicopter mode?

It morphs you into an helicopter
helicopter_96x56.png
helicopter.png
(svg)

gLjTZE1.png

#12 2019-08-14 17:48:00

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Coins look a bit small. What’s the reasoning behind that?

If EEU has coin doors, coins will still be one of the main objectives in a level.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#13 2019-08-14 17:51:06

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

Coins look a bit small. What’s the reasoning behind that?

If EEU has coin doors, coins will still be one of the main objectives in a level.

The coins in the image were provisional, they've been improved now, you can see it in Josh's latest vlog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT_u1gyrw5M

gLjTZE1.png

#14 2019-08-14 18:11:32

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

ZeldaXD wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

The third helicopter and two lines.. Hmm? God mode? Helicopter mode?

It morphs you into an helicopter
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment … _96x56.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment … copter.png
(svg)

What the **** is that cursed smiley

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#15 2019-08-14 22:12:16

Kentiya
Website

Anatoly wrote:

Kenya

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/012_inquisitive

Anatoly wrote:

I'm sorry, but the UI is not the best of your creations, please redo the third logo from the left, the hatbox can be also better. Or even better: Use Glyphicons from bootstrap.

I suppose the first is 'Menu' the most left is exit? The second one is fine. The third helicopter and two lines.. Hmm? God mode? Helicopter mode? Whatever it is, redo please..

The icons will soon be custom made, but for now they are using Font Awesome, and ByteArray couldn't find an icon good enough for God Mode so he used the helicopter as a joke. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

kentiya-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

#16 2019-08-15 06:20:21

Anatoly

Kentiya wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Kenya

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/012_inquisitive

Anatoly wrote:

I'm sorry, but the UI is not the best of your creations, please redo the third logo from the left, the hatbox can be also better. Or even better: Use Glyphicons from bootstrap.

I suppose the first is 'Menu' the most left is exit? The second one is fine. The third helicopter and two lines.. Hmm? God mode? Helicopter mode? Whatever it is, redo please..

The icons will soon be custom made, but for now they are using Font Awesome, and ByteArray couldn't find an icon good enough for God Mode so he used the helicopter as a joke. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Kentiya,

Thank you for the response,

Regards,

#17 2019-09-30 07:23:18, last edited by N1KF (2019-10-08 19:14:02)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

In the Everybody Edits Universe Closed Beta topic, capasha leaked an image from a Patreon-only Discord. The image had a few minimaps, but only two enough were clear enough to make out specific hues. Here I'll analyze these.

This wasn't what I was expecting to make my 10,000th post for, but I spent hours figuring this out so I'm going to darn well make sure it doesn't go to waste.

Hidden text

If I made any mistakes, please let me know.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#18 2019-09-30 07:49:09

peace

you make quite ssmome asumptions but maby there is several new blcoks added

N1KF wrote:

There's a line of blue dots to the right of the overlapping rings. By process of elimination, the only blue block we have left is Blue Stone.

at the bottom i see that lien but in my eyes it has dirrent colors of blue

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1569826149763386

Board footer