Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-12 17:04:06, last edited by Kira (2019-07-12 17:21:14)

Kira

Mafia community build

Hey, so I was thinking we could all help each other build the perfect mafia setup. Just go ahead and post your suggestion.

I was thinking of this setup:

14 players

2 Neutral - At least 1 Jester
4 Mafia - 3 powerroles -> 1 Roleblock / 1 Investigator / 1 Disguiser + 2 random roles
8 Town - 5 powerroles -> 1 Investigator / 1 Healer / 1 Gunman / 1 Veteran / 1 Medium + 2 random roles

Give the mafia an extra member to make it less unfair + 1 extra powerrole.
Remove 1 Townie but keep the 5 powerroles
Add 2 Neutral to add some confusion and balance to the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TaskManager wrote:

Naaaah, that's too rough on the town
The perfect mafia to player count ratio is 1/4th
With 8 town players, 4 mafia is just way too much
With 8 town vs 6 non-town, and town potentially losing a player each night, reaching a consensus in the daily voting will be almost impossible
With 14 players, the majority is 8, that's either all townies agreeing with eachother (which is not happening, let alone at the start of the game), or some of the neutral players/mafia supporting town's interests

Imo for 14 players a setup with 1 SK, 3 mafia and the rest being townies (with 3-4 PRs) is the way to go

#2 2019-07-12 17:18:40

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Mafia community build

Naaaah, that's too rough on the town
The perfect mafia to player count ratio is 1/4th
With 8 town players, 4 mafia is just way too much
With 8 town vs 6 non-town, and town potentially losing a player each night, reaching a consensus in the daily voting will be almost impossible
With 14 players, the majority is 8, that's either all townies agreeing with eachother (which is not happening, let alone at the start of the game), or some of the neutral players/mafia supporting town's interests

Imo for 14 players a setup with 1 SK, 3 mafia and the rest being townies (with 3-4 PRs) is the way to go

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2019-07-12 17:22:07

Kirby

ok thats cool and all but consider the following:

- normal mafia setup except there's like 2/5ths or 1/3rds mafia
- a list of all players and their roles in OP. for example, something like this:

Kirby: Mafia
Taskmanager:Mafia

Kira: Town
Jawapa: Town
Onjit: Town

- thread is anon

Wooted by: (4)

#4 2019-07-12 17:52:28

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Ohh, that anonymous idea looks fun as well.
Though wouldn't just 90% of the players talk using Peacecrypt?
Source: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=45606

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#5 2019-07-12 18:13:18, last edited by Luka504 (2019-07-12 18:14:55)

Luka504

I've considered adding a gimmick where two people can swap their house keys, so that any actions which are done on one person will actually happen to the other.

So, if person A and person B swap keys, and the mafia try to kill person A, person B will die instead.

If you swap house keys with someone, it will only be for one night, and you'll learn that person's exact role. The other person will also learn yours.

To swap keys with someone, you'll need to initiate a PM that consists of yourself, the person you want to swap with, and me (the host). You're only allowed to do this during the day. In those PMs, people wouldn't be allowed to talk about anything unrelated to swapping keys.

I feel like that by itself majorly shifts thr power into the towns hands, so I'll probably have to buff the mafia somewhat. The only thing I'm sure I'll add are mafia PRs that can manipulate that key swap mechanic. However, I'm not sure what more I should do. I'm considering limiting how often and/or how much people are allowed to swap during the game. Suggestions and advice would be great.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#6 2019-07-12 18:59:16

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kirby wrote:

- a list of all players and their roles in OP. for example, something like this:

- thread is anon

I really liked this idea but then I thought about it some more. What stops the town players from just claiming who they are? Sure someone else can counterclaim being them but the person telling the truth has the advantage of being able to fully post like the style of themselves.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#7 2019-07-12 19:21:07

Kira

mutantdevle wrote:
Kirby wrote:

- thread is anon

I really liked this idea but then I thought about it some more. What stops the town players from just claiming who they are? Sure someone else can counterclaim being them but the person telling the truth has the advantage of being able to fully post like the style of themselves.

Exactly what I did last game. You can't counter claim innocent bystander, but claiming a power role automatically gives you the leadership of the town, since there's no risk of someone counter claiming.

#8 2019-07-12 19:33:16

Yu

Why not 9 Town 4 mafia 2 Neutrals
Or 9 Town 3 Mafia 2 Neutrals 1 Neutral Any

#9 2019-07-12 20:02:12

Anatoly

actually 8 towns and 6 anti-towns is not such a great deal.

Mafia = Square root of all players
Town = must be majority for at least 2 - 3 days
Neutral = one powered or two balanced

Neutral maximal 10 percent of all players
Veteran in 14 players is okay, before anyone starts crying around.

What is “Medium”?

#10 2019-07-12 20:13:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Anatoly wrote:

What is “Medium”?

Someone who can communicate with dead players. In games where this role is present the mod doesn't tell the dead chat anything about people's roles.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#11 2019-07-12 22:00:17

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Drug Lord
- You are aligned with the mafia.
- Your teammates are <player>, <player>, and <player>.
- Each night you have the ability of your factional kill. You may also hide drugs to a player. If a player is investigated when he/she has drugs, the rolecard will be shown as Goon, the alignment will be shown as Mafia, and he/she will be shown as ‘bad’ in Psychic’s vision. The drug card will be discarded when the drug person is investigated.
- If two people are drugged at the same time, you can’t drug another person.
- Investigating roles are immune to drugs.
- Drugs won’t be discarded until he/she is investigated.

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Wooted by:

#12 2019-07-13 04:48:25

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

AllenCaspe9510 wrote:

Drug Lord
- You are aligned with the mafia.
- Your teammates are <player>, <player>, and <player>.
- Each night you have the ability of your factional kill. You may also hide drugs to a player. If a player is investigated when he/she has drugs, the rolecard will be shown as Goon, the alignment will be shown as Mafia, and he/she will be shown as ‘bad’ in Psychic’s vision. The drug card will be discarded when the drug person is investigated.
- If two people are drugged at the same time, you can’t drug another person.
- Investigating roles are immune to drugs.
- Drugs won’t be discarded until he/she is investigated.

Wow you copied the discord mafia rolecard

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#13 2019-07-13 10:18:57

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

I've a 13 players basic set up in mind. It will be a closed setup. I can make it it semi-open.

#14 2019-07-13 15:18:19

Onjit
Website

I have an interesting setup in mind:

Mafia 27 = 9 x 3

It will have 9 players, and each player will be given three roles for three mafia games that will be played simultaneously in the same thread

The setup will be as follows:

Each game will have:

One Mafia Goon

One of the following roles:
[Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon]

(All three of these roles will be used across all three games)

Two of the following roles:
[Town Doctor, Town Tracker, Town Cop, Town Rolecop, Town Roleblocker, Town Jailkeeper]
(All six of these roles will be used across all three games)

Five Vanilla Townies

---

The goal for each of the players will be to win as many of their games as they can

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#15 2019-07-13 15:29:54

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

with 3 simultaneous conversations in the same thread it will quickly turn into a mess
personally i want to play a normal mafia game with quality roles
not a role madness, not an anonymous mafia, not three mafia games in a single thread
also in the game where mafia has two goons, does that mean two mafia kills per night or is it just an excuse to have a game with underpowered mafia

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#16 2019-07-13 15:31:07, last edited by Norwee (2019-07-13 15:33:31)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Onjit wrote:

3 mafia games in 1

It’s an interesting idea, but seems way too complicated. I’m not sure i would be able to keep up with that.
Edit: also how would each player be able to differentiate when one player is referring to himself in the 1st 2nd or 3rd mafia game? Or everyone else? I don’t see how that would work at all wtf lol.

#17 2019-07-13 19:21:07

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Edit: also how would each player be able to differentiate when one player is referring to himself in the 1st 2nd or 3rd mafia game? Or everyone else? I don’t see how that would work at all wtf lol.

Presumably the games would be identified (a/b/c), so if someone wanted to they could specify which game they're talking about. But if you don't want to, then people have to try a lot harder to figure out what people are saying.

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#18 2019-07-13 20:16:17

Anatoly

TaskManager wrote:

with 3 simultaneous conversations in the same thread it will quickly turn into a mess
personally i want to play a normal mafia game with quality roles
not a role madness, not an anonymous mafia, not three mafia games in a single thread
also in the game where mafia has two goons, does that mean two mafia kills per night or is it just an excuse to have a game with underpowered mafia

Yes, but! Two games would be nice to have simultaneous!

#19 2019-07-13 22:23:43

NoNK

Anatoly wrote:

actually 8 towns and 6 anti-towns is not such a great deal.

Mafia = Square root of all players
Town = must be majority for at least 2 - 3 days
Neutral = one powered or two balanced

Neutral maximal 10 percent of all players
Veteran in 14 players is okay, before anyone starts crying around.

What is “Medium”?

This is a good post, let me just build on that a little bit. Pretty much spot on other then neutral roles are kind of bad unless done really well. Its like including invisible portals in your setup. Sometimes it can go really well but 99% of the time it goes horribly.

Some balanced numbers with no neutrals and a low-moderate amount of town power and a bit of mafia power looks like:

7 town 2 mafia for a 9p smallgame
10 town 3 mafia for a 13p
4 or 5 mafia needs 20+ players

Also, I happen to be a 2000 iq genius setup maker, and I can help you all out with a fantastic setup. However, I have to wait 300 seconds between every post. Also I have some chores to do. But I would be willing to host maybe a game in the future of some high quality normal balanced stuff. Remember that safehouse game I hosted? That was an open source FOSS balanced setup. Give me some time to think (maybe another 300 seconds) and I will get back to you guys.

Wooted by:

#20 2019-07-13 22:26:02, last edited by Norwee (2019-07-13 22:26:11)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Teach us plebeians NoNK daddy.

#21 2019-07-13 22:41:12, last edited by NoNK (2019-07-13 22:51:36)

NoNK

So I think you guys have a few options here. Did you enjoy the safehouse game I hosted? Do you want to see a better version of that?

Purgatory is basically a better version of safehouse mafia, and it fits the needs of the EE forums almost 100% in my eyes.

- It's a simple, open setup with no stupid twists
- It can be played with 9 or 15 players so it's scalable for player interest
- It's better than safehouse mafia because there are flips after people get sent to heaven and hell so onjit can't just steamroll a weak playerlist again LOL
- 3-5 day maximum deadlines are reccomended for the setup, which seems to be close to the timeframe you guys usually play on
- No night phases! ~ bonus ~

Option 2 would be something like a 10 Town 3 Mafia normal setup with majority vanilla townies and then basic roles so it's balanced. I don't know if I have the motivation to come up with one...? Is there even 13 people interested? No idea.

Option 3 is another wacky NoNK style setup, like an extradition mechanic where the goal of the mafia is to escape the game instead of kill everyone. I think that would actually be kind of cool to run this on the EE forums:

5 Mafia Goons
8 Vanilla Town
Lynches are mandatory: plurality / overtime rules in effect

If Mafia is lynched, they must kill a Townie. If Town is lynched, one Mafia must flee, exiting the game. Mafia win if 4 members flee, Town wins if 2 Mafia are lynched. Winrate for town is 50%

Wooted by: (2)

#22 2019-07-13 22:47:44

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Idk about u guys, but i'm down for signing up to whatever this dude comes up with. Seems to know his ****. Either of those games looks awesome.

Wooted by: (2)

#23 2019-07-16 01:17:17

NoNK

Someone dared me to make a signup thread, so I went and did it! Sign up at the link below

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=46070

#24 2019-07-16 06:42:38

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Must have been a very smart, talented and classy person who made that dare to you. Respect+

Wooted by:

#25 2019-07-18 02:59:05, last edited by NoNK (2019-07-18 03:00:35)

NoNK

By the way, I read through the mafia game hosted by norwayboi, and you mentioned something about how it might be interesting if a faction of jesters existed?

They're called mimes. Instead of a factional nightkill like the mafia, they get a factional roleblock. The idea is to try to roleblock the mafia who would be killing them.

Win condition: All mimes get lynched
Lose: Any of the mimes get nightkilled or otherwise die by some means other then lynch

And if they lose, the mimes all leave the game in shame.

Example setup: (it actually isn't that fun in practice)

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Paris_Mafia

Wooted by:
peace1572778341767220

Board footer