Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2019-07-11 00:04:38

Kizuna Ai
Formerly Night More
From: Brazil, Learn, Dev.
Joined: 2018-12-02
Posts: 220
Website

Just asked

just saying that do you hate anime?


Fernandinha is the name of NightMore

597883506441322498.gif 597883506441322498.gif

598596166539673650.gif Friendly
598597705505177670.gif Official

Offline

#2 2019-07-11 00:13:37, last edited by Trytu (2019-07-11 00:16:21)

Trytu
Member
From: Poland
Joined: 2017-12-10
Posts: 684

Re: Just asked

i don't hate anime
some animes are bad and in my language they have very bad/strange dubbing, but mostly i watch them english sub (or national language sub)
i don't love them to watch 20 anime series per year
they seem to me like other thing that i can care of, but as genre, it's not bad (for me it's very simmilar to some French animations (but with bigger eyes))


4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Offline

#3 2019-07-11 00:57:13

Kizuna Ai
Formerly Night More
From: Brazil, Learn, Dev.
Joined: 2018-12-02
Posts: 220
Website

Re: Just asked

My goodness "I do not love them to watch 20 anime series a year"
just this normal, I was anime or cartoon I did not want to do.


Fernandinha is the name of NightMore

597883506441322498.gif 597883506441322498.gif

598596166539673650.gif Friendly
598597705505177670.gif Official

Offline

#4 2019-07-11 02:11:25, last edited by Slabdrill (2019-07-11 02:11:57)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
From: canada
Joined: 2015-08-15
Posts: 3,295
Website

Re: Just asked

Don't know why people wouldn't like anime; it's like saying you don't like watching shows (I don't watch [western TV shows] (of which I'm pretty sure there's people who'll watch like 20 series per year), but from what I can tell not all of them are bad). It's just a wide generalization.


suddenly random sig change

Offline

#5 2019-07-11 07:04:47

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 2,045

Re: Just asked

No Slabdrill, anime is a descent into degeneracy and moral decay. And i’m saying that as a big fan of anime and anime culture. Sometimes you’ve just got to admit the truth, even if you know it’s sad. :(

Offline

#6 2019-07-11 07:07:25

Kizuna Ai
Formerly Night More
From: Brazil, Learn, Dev.
Joined: 2018-12-02
Posts: 220
Website

Re: Just asked

NorwegianEE, huh anime is a descent want it with me?


Fernandinha is the name of NightMore

597883506441322498.gif 597883506441322498.gif

598596166539673650.gif Friendly
598597705505177670.gif Official

Offline

#7 2019-07-11 07:12:28

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 2,045

Re: Just asked

What do you mean?

Offline

#8 2019-07-11 07:24:23

Kizuna Ai
Formerly Night More
From: Brazil, Learn, Dev.
Joined: 2018-12-02
Posts: 220
Website

Re: Just asked

When I asked if you just said.
- which one is your favorite?
but without my favorites only unknown heroes and also hentai is watching because only my folks.
I'm going to eat a snack, then good night.
 


Fernandinha is the name of NightMore

597883506441322498.gif 597883506441322498.gif

598596166539673650.gif Friendly
598597705505177670.gif Official

Offline

#9 2019-07-11 08:05:54

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Wilted
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 4,381

Re: Just asked

I only ever watched three, and all of them years ago, so probably not


unknown.png
(Click to see my graphics topic)

Offline

#10 2019-07-11 13:16:00

Raphe9000
Member
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,605

Re: Just asked

Kizuna Ai wrote:

but without my favorites only unknown heroes and also hentai is watching because only my folks.

wut.

I don't consider a good anime any different from any other good show, so I don't go out of my way to watch exclusively anime or anything but anime. Thus, I have a very small amount of anime I've ever watched, but I've enjoyed all of them since I'm picky with the shows I watch. The four anime I've watched in chronological order are Nichijou (because I was recommended it), Neon Genesis Evangelion (because I had heard so many good things about it and the philosophy it employs), KonoSuba (because I had seen it mildly on and off and heard a lot of good things about it), and My Hero Academia (because people around me really liked it).

I always liked the anime style in general, probably because I have nostalgic memories of Avatar: The Last Airbender, one of the best shows of all time that just so happens to also be heavily inspired by both Asian Culture and Japanese Animation, but I never really got into any anime until a few years ago. Even now, I consume it less than other media since it is not something I can find very easily without going out of my way to do so, and I care not to do that. I will say that I've been thinking about watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood because Avatar fans insist that it is the only thing in the observable universe that compares to the original Avatar.


Raphe9000.gif

Thank you to HG, Nebula, and PiotrGrochowski
Moderator of Everybody Edits under our new owner, Kira peace AK712 China

Offline

#11 2019-07-11 13:49:50

Trytu
Member
From: Poland
Joined: 2017-12-10
Posts: 684

Re: Just asked

Raphe9000 wrote:

I always liked the anime style in general, probably because I have nostalgic memories of Avatar: The Last Airbender, one of the best shows of all time that just so happens to also be heavily inspired by both Asian Culture and Japanese Animation, but I never really got into any anime until a few years ago. Even now, I consume it less than other media since it is not something I can find very easily without going out of my way to do so, and I care not to do that. I will say that I've been thinking about watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood because Avatar fans insist that it is the only thing in the observable universe that compares to the original Avatar.

once i thought that Avatar: The Last Airbender is anime (because it was looking quite simmilar to french draws), but my friend said me that I'm in mistake, and showed me the country of production :S
my stupidy is quite embarasing
btw if you watched My Hero Academia, I recomending you One Punch Man. It's about super heroses like My Hero Academia, but with one bald character, that is amazing.


4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Offline

#12 2019-07-11 20:41:05, last edited by Kizuna Ai (2019-07-11 20:43:21)

Kizuna Ai
Formerly Night More
From: Brazil, Learn, Dev.
Joined: 2018-12-02
Posts: 220
Website

Re: Just asked

Raphe9000 wrote:
Kizuna Ai wrote:

but without my favorites only unknown heroes and also hentai is watching because only my folks.

wut.

I don't consider a good anime any different from any other good show, so I don't go out of my way to watch exclusively anime or anything but anime. Thus, I have a very small amount of anime I've ever watched, but I've enjoyed all of them since I'm picky with the shows I watch. The four anime I've watched in chronological order are Nichijou (because I was recommended it), Neon Genesis Evangelion (because I had heard so many good things about it and the philosophy it employs), KonoSuba (because I had seen it mildly on and off and heard a lot of good things about it), and My Hero Academia (because people around me really liked it).

I always liked the anime style in general, probably because I have nostalgic memories of Avatar: The Last Airbender, one of the best shows of all time that just so happens to also be heavily inspired by both Asian Culture and Japanese Animation, but I never really got into any anime until a few years ago. Even now, I consume it less than other media since it is not something I can find very easily without going out of my way to do so, and I care not to do that. I will say that I've been thinking about watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood because Avatar fans insist that it is the only thing in the observable universe that compares to the original Avatar.

Japanese animation I already know, but I'm reading an idiomatic translator, only my population is watching, so six years ago, I stopped thinking (because I was recommending are friends with me watching), only I'm not otaku just know that the popular was all I'm going to watch.
- I finished or close.
My Hero Academia and Naruto Shippuden, Boruto, Black Clover, One Piece, Dragon Ball Super, Fairy Tail, Tate No Yūsha, Attack on Titan, One Punch Man, Nanatsu No Taizai, Tokyo Ghoul, Sword Art Onilne (RPG),
Bunny Girl, Dororo, Satsuriku No Tenshi, Noragami, Hunter x Hunter, Darling in the FranXX, Demon Slayer, Maid Dragon, Baki, Dr. Stone.
- Suck okay.
(I'm sorry, I can not Hentai if titles here we can not already know, dude that's the rules "so my folks are also Hentai" and I know it's loliccon.)


Fernandinha is the name of NightMore

597883506441322498.gif 597883506441322498.gif

598596166539673650.gif Friendly
598597705505177670.gif Official

Offline

#13 2019-07-11 20:45:06

Kizuna Ai
Formerly Night More
From: Brazil, Learn, Dev.
Joined: 2018-12-02
Posts: 220
Website

Re: Just asked

Crybaby wrote:

I only ever watched three, and all of them years ago, so probably not

So serious, Drone too?


Fernandinha is the name of NightMore

597883506441322498.gif 597883506441322498.gif

598596166539673650.gif Friendly
598597705505177670.gif Official

Offline

#14 2019-07-11 20:49:01

Tomahawk
Forum Mod
From: BiH/UK
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 2,186

Re: Just asked

Moved to Off-Topic.

Hunter x Hunter is great. Also Seven Deadly Sins, Code Geass, Magi, One Punch Man and Fullmetal Alchemist.


One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Offline

#15 2019-07-11 22:53:02, last edited by Luka504 (2019-07-11 22:55:12)

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,583

Re: Just asked

Anime is perfectly fine tbh. It has a lot of stupid **** tropes that can get under my skin sometimes, but I can usually push through if the anime is good otherwise. I like the artstyle most animes use, and the shows usually have some pretty good concepts that offer plenty of chance for interesting situations and questions to pop up.

However, I find it hard to start watching new animes because the first few episodes tend to be the most boring or cringey ones, but are also the ones you have to watch it you want to understand what the **** is going on in the later episodes. (It took me a really long time to get used to Alphonse's voice in FMA Brotherhood. I felt like dying every time he said something in the first dozen or so episodes)

As a child, I watched two animes in particular, and for interesting reasons. Those two animes were Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon. I wasn't a big fan of the first; I'm not exactly sure what but something just rubbed me the wrong way about Dragon Ball, but I still watched it because it was 'only for boys' and because I was a boy, I had to watch it.

Sailor Moon was something I genuonely liked a good amount, however I never told my friends that because my brain though that Sailor Moon was 'only for girls' and that I would be bullied if anyone found out.

The only two more modern animes I bothered watchin more than two episodes of are FMA Brotherhood and My Hero Academia. They're both really good animes, totes recommend.

So ya, anime is great, except for when it isn't.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

#16 2019-07-11 23:04:57, last edited by TaskManager (2019-07-11 23:07:19)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 8,186

Re: Just asked

I don't like anime in general for the style in which it is drawn, particularly how the emotions are depicted on characters' faces, I find that just stupid, and also the way they usually animate it I find bad.

Another annoying thing is the **** generic plot present in most anime shows:
"Main character has their **** beaten up by a villain, but then when they are about to die, they suddenly reveal their super power that swings the fight in completely opposite way and the villain dies"

The scenes are also cringey rather often and the main characters are often idealised: they are either ultimate good with no flaws or ultimate bad being evil in everything just for the sake of it, I don't like Marvel/DC movies for the same reason.

EDIT/DISCLAIMER/P.S.
I might be extremely generalizing on some of the points I outlined but you don't have to rush to your keyboard to explain how X anime isn't like that and it's good because Y and Z. I a) couldn't care less and b) won't change my stance on the genre in general because your post anyway


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2019-07-11 23:12:56

Kizuna Ai
Formerly Night More
From: Brazil, Learn, Dev.
Joined: 2018-12-02
Posts: 220
Website

Re: Just asked

TaskManager wrote:

I don't like Marvel/DC movies

Stupidity because bad trailers.


Fernandinha is the name of NightMore

597883506441322498.gif 597883506441322498.gif

598596166539673650.gif Friendly
598597705505177670.gif Official

Offline

#18 2019-07-12 05:55:37

Anatoly
Guest

Re: Just asked

If anime from just the style of drawing it would be avatar hang, I don't really like non-story-progressing movies.

Transformers Anime (forgot real name) is also great!

#19 2019-07-12 20:07:02

Raphe9000
Member
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,605

Re: Just asked

Trytu wrote:

once i thought that Avatar: The Last Airbender is anime (because it was looking quite simmilar to french draws), but my friend said me that I'm in mistake, and showed me the country of production :S

It's not Japanese Animation (which is what 'anime' is generally used as a short form for since 'anime' is an Anglicized form of a Japanized form of an Anglicized form of a Latin word), but it does fall into the genre of anime. Also, (Avatar:) The Legend of Korra was a Japanese animation during seven episodes of its second season, so that show can be counted as anime per all definitions. If you want to use the original definition though, all animation is anime. Studio Pierrot did garbage work on LoK though, and that is unjustifiable considering the fact that they have animated Naruto, Bleach, Tokyo Ghoul, et cetera.

Trytu wrote:

btw if you watched My Hero Academia, I recomending you One Punch Man. It's about super heroses like My Hero Academia, but with one bald character, that is amazing.

This is on my radar, so I'll probably give it a watch sometime soon. I've only heard good things about it.


Raphe9000.gif

Thank you to HG, Nebula, and PiotrGrochowski
Moderator of Everybody Edits under our new owner, Kira peace AK712 China

Offline

#20 2019-07-12 22:39:44, last edited by Trytu (2019-07-12 23:32:17)

Trytu
Member
From: Poland
Joined: 2017-12-10
Posts: 684

Re: Just asked

Raphe9000 wrote:

Also, (Avatar:) The Legend of Korra was a Japanese animation during seven episodes of its second season, so that show can be counted as anime per all definitions. If you want to use the original definition though, all animation is anime. Studio Pierrot did garbage work on LoK though, and that is unjustifiable considering the fact that they have animated Naruto, Bleach, Tokyo Ghoul, et cetera.

I watched The Legend of Korra, and i don't recomend it. The Legend of Aang was way better, maybe because it had better weak jokes about meat and beter fabular motives, because who would fight just to become Avatar?
Aang was fighting with all fire nation and that was more cool than just fighting with single peoples and beings.

btw Kora was quite unlogicaly overpowered in some situations.
I hate when in TV show something is revealed while the final fight, and explained after that. I prefer when something is revealed in minor fight, then it would make sense.
I want to compare last scenes in both shows:

don't open if you didn't watch both shows and care about spoilers

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Offline

#21 2019-08-08 02:33:30

NoNK
Member
Joined: 2019-07-13
Posts: 425

Re: Just asked

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

No Slabdrill, anime is a descent into degeneracy and moral decay. And i’m saying that as a big fan of anime and anime culture. Sometimes you’ve just got to admit the truth, even if you know it’s sad. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

He's right, you know.

Online

#22 2019-08-08 07:43:42

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,368

Re: Just asked

i dont have annythign wiht anime and i dont realy liek it but its not liek i hate it


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

#23 2019-08-08 09:45:44

soniiiety
Member
From: newzealand
Joined: 2016-02-10
Posts: 1,600

Re: Just asked

LIATRI42 wrote:

Most people watch anime to escape their own, usually because of problems in real life, the humiliation from classmates, trouble with parents, depression. Some viewers of the anime go so far as to behave like a character from the anime series, dye their hair (even the boys), consider themselves a special person, feel constant depression, changing manner of speech. I do not believe accepting the culture of anime is fine, because the benefit from this is very small. Man, (sometimes) who watches anime usually becomes a wimp, who will not be able to stand up for a relative or loved one, find a common language with people. For girls it's brainwashing at all, as they live for anime (Most of my friends (girls, boys) are anime addicted and I know what I am talking about)

I disagree there>

it has its cons and pros.

it isnt the anime that causes most of the bad problems.

its the bullies, how they been treated brought up etc.

if your friends are like bullies as well etc.


KbsIpxI.gif.3d37e376289d9a9_flip.png.

Offline

Wooted by:

#24 2019-08-08 11:16:50

Yu
Member
Joined: 2018-06-18
Posts: 280

Re: Just asked

TaskManager wrote:

I don't like anime in general for the style in which it is drawn, particularly how the emotions are depicted on characters' faces, I find that just stupid, and also the way they usually animate it I find bad.

Another annoying thing is the **** generic plot present in most anime shows:
"Main character has their **** beaten up by a villain, but then when they are about to die, they suddenly reveal their super power that swings the fight in completely opposite way and the villain dies"

The scenes are also cringey rather often and the main characters are often idealised: they are either ultimate good with no flaws or ultimate bad being evil in everything just for the sake of it, I don't like Marvel/DC movies for the same reason.

EDIT/DISCLAIMER/P.S.
I might be extremely generalizing on some of the points I outlined but you don't have to rush to your keyboard to explain how X anime isn't like that and it's good because Y and Z. I a) couldn't care less and b) won't change my stance on the genre in general because your post anyway

Try Monster, that anime has nothing you described. You'll probably like it. Nobody's facial expressions are exaggerated (cartoon waterfalls for tears, eyes that go hollow-white, zig-zag eyes, etc) instead they're natural, they never degrade in the entirety of the anime. Not to mention the characters and plot are just top-notch, and it has none of that sudden superpower trope.

Offline

#25 2019-08-08 12:16:07

Kira
Member
Joined: 2019-04-22
Posts: 582

Re: Just asked

I like hentai

Offline

Filip2005 is a fiend1565292049758316

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1571881899.826 - Generated in 0.084 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.66 MiB (Peak: 1.94 MiB) ]