Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-24 10:53:54

Anatoly

Accounts hacked - What do I do?

I'm not the one who should have posted this, but it's better if you know what to do soon enough, before any accidents actually happen.

I use my same password everywhere. If my information has been leaked, what do I do?

1) KEEP CALM, now Panic won't help.

2) Be sure to change the password in the top of the connected accounts: Facebook, Gmail, other email providers. - Emails are used to register in many social networks, only they can be used to restore other connected accounts (twitters', facebooks' login with email forms.)

3) Check if account is safe E.g. google has a function to show you your used devices and their last location. Facebook has them here. Everything fine? If you already changed your password, it is fine (Stop at this point). Somethings wrong? (Continue reading)

4) According to Google's Guide to safe hacked or suspected hacked accounts:

• Your Google Account (if you didn’t already change it after you noticed suspicious activity)

• Apps and sites where you use the same password you used for your Google Account

• Apps and sites that contact you through your Google Account email address

• Apps and sites where you sign in with your Google Account email address

• Apps and sites for which you’ve saved passwords in your Google Account

5) Take a lesson from this; and eventually contact your friends, excuse if they were spammed.

All my accounts already under control of suspicious identities.. Shall I create a new email and new accounts?

No. Try to go trough all the five steps and as step 6: Inform the administration of fb/google about your situation, explain that the password you use there is used everywhere else. If It didn't work then warn all your friends about your problem, tell them to ignore spammish posts from you. In other words, if nothing helped, yes, go and make another account.

According to FB:

• Check to make sure your account really has been hacked.

• End the intruder's session.

• Alert your contacts.

• Change your Facebook password.

• Reset your password, if the intruder has already changed it.

• Report your compromised account.

• Check for malicious apps.

• Secure your Facebook account.

DO NOT AT ALL COSTS

download anything from broken accounts. Files might contain a virus.

Wooted by:

#2 2019-03-24 13:17:44

LukeM
Website

Re: Accounts hacked - What do I do?

Just so you know, no passwords have been leaked (other than the few that were shared through the in-game mail that was leaked), and we have no reason to believe that they would be able to do this. If we do get any info, we will shut down the game immediately to prevent any passwords from being taken, but at this point we're very sure that this isn't possible.

#3 2019-03-25 00:33:47

HeyNK

... facebook?

... google?

... I don't have any everybody edits contacts? Do my worlds contain viruses? wtf?

#4 2019-03-25 01:32:58

bunglybongle

Anatoly wrote:

I'm not the one who should have posted this

ccds05x.png

Wooted by:
bunglybongle1553473978743488

Board footer