Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-22 16:09:49

Anatoly

Raid Alarm Power

Suggesting a new group of people - Trusted and immediately a specific ability for them:

The Raid Alarm.

The forums need to report a specific post with a raid boolean on specific posts. For the game it will be however impossible registration accounts is too easy (and it's understandable), the rank could contain community selected trusted favours, they simply have the ability to enable a raid alarm. The games' chat will be hidden with the ability to unlock it only after accepting the alert "The chat could contain NSWF links or be spammed." (Or when entering a world).

They can specify the "warning level of the raid alarm":

I: Warning Level 1 (Suspected raid start/ upcoming raid)
II: (Minor Spam) Warning Level 2 (High players and world count (at around 1-2 people per world, 1000+ worlds))
III: (Spam) Warning Level 3 (High players and world count (at least 3+ people per world, 1000+ worlds))
IV: (Spam) Raid Level 1 (High Players and World count, Worlds spammed)
V: (NSFW) Raid Level 2 (High Players and World count, Worlds spammed with NSWF links and content (drawen and/or written))

Rights:

I Alert with world join (in white color)
II Alert with world join (in white color), Alert when opening EE (in white color)
III Alert with world join (in orange color), Alert when opening EE (in white color), Automatic Chat Hide on world join
IV Alert with world join (in red color), Alert when opening EE (in orange color), Automatic Chat Hide on world join, Recently reported player appear in a blinking red username (white - red), Open Worlds can no longer be created, Instant Notification to Moderators (using bots in discord, etc.)
V Alert with world join (in red color), Alert when opening EE (in red color), Automatic Chat Hide on world join, Recently reported player appear in a blinking red username (gray - red), Recently reported players get muted, can still use commands and PM (they can talk in their own worlds however), Open Worlds can no longer be created, Instant Notification to Moderators (using bots in discord, etc.)

As of players who abuse this power - ban them for a month and remove permanently the trusted rank? The raid alarm should not be undo-able (so if someone hacks into Xenonetix account again, he wouldn't be able to stop it.)

#2 2019-03-22 16:16:15

Snowester

Re: Raid Alarm Power

Or we just leave it to the admin to figure it out themselves.

#3 2019-03-22 16:38:38, last edited by Minimania (2019-03-22 18:07:22)

Minimania
Moderation Team

The raid alarm is automatically activated if enough people report a post and mark it as part of a raid.

EDIT: Oh, this is Game Suggestions. Yeah I can't see this happening

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#4 2019-03-22 19:12:53

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

- Too much overcomplicated text (what's the point of 5 warning levels? With colors? It's almost like you read Wikipedia article about DEFCON and that inspired you to make a thread)
- Difficulties in selecting trusted members fairly
- Have to ensure trusted members won't abuse the system and have to moderate/hand out bans for trusted members
- The system has more powers than the owner. This shouldn't happen. How would the alarm be disabled if the owner can't do it?
- Xeno's account wasn't hacked, a duplicate was created with the same name, according to his thread explaining the situation at least.

TL;DR: No.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (4)

#5 2019-03-22 19:20:03

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

If the terrorist threat level goes up to 4 they'll lock down all threads and implement an rationing system of only 2 woots for each user per week and only three replies!

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#6 2019-03-23 01:15:50

HeyNK

NYPcjcL.gif

#7 2019-03-23 01:19:56

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#8 2019-03-23 01:57:42

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

^ Back on topic pls.

~An obvious concern is abuse of this feature; how do you moderate it to determine whether it was used correctly/incorrectly? It has the potential to eat up a whole lot of staff time.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#9 2019-03-23 11:10:15

peace

Anatoly wrote:

Suggesting a new group of people - Trusted and immediately a specific ability for them:

The Raid Alarm.

The forums need to report a specific post with a raid boolean on specific posts. For the game it will be however impossible registration accounts is too easy (and it's understandable), the rank could contain community selected trusted favours, they simply have the ability to enable a raid alarm. The games' chat will be hidden with the ability to unlock it only after accepting the alert "The chat could contain NSWF links or be spammed." (Or when entering a world).

They can specify the "warning level of the raid alarm":

I: Warning Level 1 (Suspected raid start/ upcoming raid)
II: (Minor Spam) Warning Level 2 (High players and world count (at around 1-2 people per world, 1000+ worlds))
III: (Spam) Warning Level 3 (High players and world count (at least 3+ people per world, 1000+ worlds))
IV: (Spam) Raid Level 1 (High Players and World count, Worlds spammed)
V: (NSFW) Raid Level 2 (High Players and World count, Worlds spammed with NSWF links and content (drawen and/or written))

Rights:

I Alert with world join (in white color)
II Alert with world join (in white color), Alert when opening EE (in white color)
III Alert with world join (in orange color), Alert when opening EE (in white color), Automatic Chat Hide on world join
IV Alert with world join (in red color), Alert when opening EE (in orange color), Automatic Chat Hide on world join, Recently reported player appear in a blinking red username (white - red), Open Worlds can no longer be created, Instant Notification to Moderators (using bots in discord, etc.)
V Alert with world join (in red color), Alert when opening EE (in red color), Automatic Chat Hide on world join, Recently reported player appear in a blinking red username (gray - red), Recently reported players get muted, can still use commands and PM (they can talk in their own worlds however), Open Worlds can no longer be created, Instant Notification to Moderators (using bots in discord, etc.)

As of players who abuse this power - ban them for a month and remove permanently the trusted rank? The raid alarm should not be undo-able (so if someone hacks into Xenonetix account again, he wouldn't be able to stop it.)

i like this idea but it canonly be done if ee si really safe again and nto that the hacker can hack these accounts and hack the raid system and chnage it in some way to break ee

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2019-03-23 13:22:04

Anatoly

TaskManager wrote:

Have to ensure trusted members won't abuse the system and have to moderate/hand out bans for trusted members

this trusted members are selected by staff.

I can also the same way say that moderators aren't great because the power of the moderator can be abused.

Wooted by:

#11 2019-03-23 14:23:27, last edited by Snowester (2019-03-23 14:23:54)

Snowester

Anatoly wrote:

I can also the same way say that moderators aren't great because the power of the moderator can be abused.

Yet we haven't got any current moderators known for abusing their power.
When I say "current" I mean after when Xeno got Ownership.

#12 2019-03-23 16:10:42

Anatoly

Growler wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Yet we haven't got any current moderators known for abusing their power.
When I say "current" I mean after when Xeno got Ownership.

Yes, but this "trusted" rank is only for a trusted level like of the moderators (don't give this power to people like whirl, taskmanager or me, of course.)

#13 2019-03-23 17:43:00

MWstudios

Reminds me of Minecraft enchantments
CqIuJyj.png
but I think the Roman numbers aren't necessary, and creating a new staff team neither

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Wooted by:

#14 2019-03-24 08:20:56

Anatoly

MWstudios wrote:

but I think the Roman numbers aren't necessary

I see, but still immediately opening alarm because of 100 spambots that do not message of a full security isn't useless, when however the current thing is happening is.

Anatoly1553412056743387

Board footer