Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-03-10 20:58:19

MWstudios

Re: Stop people from closing topics for no good reason.

Pro tip: Make a Reddit account, there will be always some people that'll be interested in anything you post

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#52 2019-03-11 01:47:03

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Anatoly is free to post whatever he wishes, so long as it’s within the rules. As is every other forum user.

Don’t like it? Too bad.

It baffles me that some people think they’re entitled to dictate what other users post about. Where are your priorities if you’re getting triggered by some random threads?

Wanna keep hating? (Constructive) criticism is allowed. Flaming is not. “Reee another Anatoly thread” is not, because it’s off-topic.

On-topic: it makes sense to me that the person who opens a thread should also have the power to close it. It’s their thread. If other people want to continue the discussion, they can open up another thread.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#53 2019-03-11 06:43:16, last edited by Luka504 (2019-03-11 06:51:18)

Luka504

Tomahawk wrote:

Anatoly is free to post whatever he wishes, so long as it’s within the rules. As is every other forum user.

Isn't there a rule that says that you can still get warned for bad behavior even if it isn't technically against the rules? I'm pretty sure behavior that **** people off to no end should qualify, but hey what do I know about forum rules? I'm not a mod, after all, so my intelligence is puny within your vicinity.

Tomahawk wrote:

It baffles me that some people think they’re entitled to dictate what other users post about.

Don't you do that?
So, let's imagine we're on a public bus - and a kid starts screaming, running around, being a brat, the works. Now, for most busses, the only person who can kick the kid out is the driver. But let's just say that he won't do it for some reason. Then, if one the other passengers tells the kid to stop, would that mean that the passenger is the entitled one by dictating to him that he isn't allowed to act this way?

Tomahawk wrote:

Wanna keep hating? (Constructive) criticism is allowed.

Ironic.
Oh, and before you scream "Hypocrisy doesn't count ree" at me -
Genuine criticism has been the huge majority of what Anatoly's been getting ever since he registered to the forums, yet despite all that time he's been here, the guy hasn't changed or grown much over the years. How long do you expect people to stay constructively critical when their criticism gets shoved back in their face? Forever?
And you can just sit on the sideline, sip a cup of tea, refusing to do anything about Anatoly - a central component in this spiral of hate and resentment.
Oh, but if I don't like it, "TOO BAD", right?

Tomahawk wrote:

It’s their thread.

So, I should make an entire topic just to make one post? Aren't the mods constantly insisting on merging topics that are similar or identical in nature? Now when people want to continue a conversation about a topic, you're the one to suggest to separate them and clutter the forums more? Just for a sense of "they have the right to do X"?
Besides, for a huge majority of times, people have no real reason to close their topics. The only genuine time you should close your own topic should be if you run a forum game like mafia. That's literally it.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#54 2019-03-11 07:14:43

Anatoly

Luka504 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

It baffles me that some people think they’re entitled to dictate what other users post about.

Don't you do that?
So, let's imagine we're on a public bus - and a kid starts screaming, running around, being a brat, the works. Now, for most busses, the only person who can kick the kid out is the driver. But let's just say that he won't do it for some reason. Then, if one the other passengers tells the kid to stop, would that mean that the passenger is the entitled one by dictating to him that he isn't allowed to act this way?

In a bus you can’t just “not hear it” - on the forums however you can just “not read it” If you hate my contribution - ignore it.

Keep it simple.

But then - if you don’t read the topic, don’t respond!!

Wooted by:

#55 2019-03-11 10:45:50, last edited by 2b55b5g (2019-03-11 10:47:04)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Well just let Anatoly do whatever he wants and fill this forum with more of his posts and let the forum staff to continue bias Anatoly. This is the only solution to this drama. Whatever we do we can’t stop Anatoly anyway.

Keep silent and don’t care about it. Everything in this forum belongs to Anatoly now.

And bye I’m out of this drama.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#56 2019-03-11 10:50:43, last edited by Different55 (2019-03-11 10:54:57)

Different55
Forum Admin

Luka504 wrote:

Isn't there a rule that says that you can still get warned for bad behavior even if it isn't technically against the rules?

you mean like what you all are doing constantly in every one of his threads, good or bad? pretty obvious you have zero interest in a good faith discussion and only want to stir up crap, and I really have very little interest in continuing to feed the trolls.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#57 2019-03-11 10:52:01

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Tbh why Luka is always a bad person in the forum admins’ eyes? He tried to help.

she/her

Wooted by:

#58 2019-03-11 10:56:36

Different55
Forum Admin

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Tbh why Luka is always a bad person in the forum admins’ eyes? He tried to help.

I don't think he's a bad person. I think he has 0 interest in being genuine about anything or actually improving anything anywhere, but I don't think he's a bad person.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#59 2019-03-11 10:58:07

Kira

I lost approximately 6 brain cells reading your posts

We have 2 type of person here:

0 iq = Anatoly and all of you
10000000000 iq = me

#60 2019-03-11 12:15:31

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

@Luka: What do you think I should do?

If Anatoly’s threads deserve spam warnings for lack of content, then I’d need to be equally harsh on the other users who funpost in Off-Topic. Looking at the current page of topics, unbiased moderation would mean that Whirl, Onjit, Yu and Surrealism are probably also spamming. I cannot moderate an individual user more harshly because they post more, so you’d be asking for stricter moderation overall.

Do you want me to tell Anatoly not to post about his personal life? Or to try extra hard to fill his threads with topic-worthy content? Or to forbid him from locking his own threads? Again, these rules/guidelines would have to apply to everyone. Him annoying you isn’t grounds for harsher treatment.

@2B55B5G: There’s probably some bias against the people who hate on Anatoly, because he gets lots of harassment/bullying for stuff that doesn’t break the current rules. I really don’t think we’re letting him spam more than any other users.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#61 2019-03-11 12:31:59, last edited by 2b55b5g (2019-03-11 12:33:32)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

It reminds me of a warning I got 3 years ago, and the admin who gave me the warning wrote me a long passage and I remember there’s a line saying “You’re welcome to an opinion.”

I still don’t understand why I got a flaming warning for the opinion I posted, maybe the sentence “Seeing these topics everyday makes me feel sick.” is considered flaming but I don’t really mean to because I know flaming, harassing or bullying someone is bad.

If you think anything I said about Anatoly is rude, I apologize, but I still really think he should not post his personal life in the forums but somewhere else.

My point is that Anatoly’s topics aren’t interesting or fun to see at all, I know that he tried to make his topics interesting but he failed. I think that’s the reason why people start to hate his topics. (I mean the mirrored 2019 is really stupid and not funny at all)

So my advice is, Anatoly should post more useful things as he is not very good at making jokes, and it doesn’t violate the rules too.

EDIT: Also, Anatoly shouldn’t close his topics just because things doesn’t go well, if he made the topic but can’t handle the madness, just find an admin.

she/her

#62 2019-03-11 14:03:54

LukeM
Website

I guess there are two mostly seperate problems here. Personally I'd still be arguing that you shouldn't be able to close your own topics if it weren't for Anatoly, it's really common for people to close topics when they think the discussion is over, and this really doesn't help things //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

At a minimum I'd suggest removing the ability to close your own bug reports, Q&A, and maybe game/graphic/campaign suggestions, as usually those are the topics that are closed because people think the discussion is over, rather than because they think they are being attacked or whatever, I guess Anatoly's graphics topic being the only exception I can think of, although most of that is (usually constructive) criticism of the graphics so it's probably fine.

The other problem is the Anatoly creating loads of random topics thing, which personally isn't as much of a problem, but if people do get annoyed by it I guess I'd suggest merging them into the off-topic chat thread or his own blog topic or something (it's basically the same as what Sony is doing, so should probably treat them the same)

#63 2019-03-11 14:11:05, last edited by Luka504 (2019-03-11 14:11:27)

Luka504

First things first, I want to see the "Close topic" button removed for normal users. As I've stated before, there's rarely a good reason for someone to close their own topic, and thus it should be removed to prevent any future cases of silencing a discussion if the OP doesn't like it.

Then, there should be some level of looking at what's being posted. If you can have a conversation about the subject of the forum topic, then it should stay. But there's no type of constructive conversation one can draw from topics such as "2019 looks like eros flipped" - Seriously, what's there to say? "Cool?"

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#64 2019-03-11 14:18:01

Different55
Forum Admin

Then people should have reported it and asked "can we get this merged into the chat thread? it doesn't have much discussion value on its own." Instead you all took the opportunity to attack the kid.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#65 2019-03-11 17:41:49

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I dug up this thread by Diff that probably prompted the addition of the "lock topic" feature. There's a whole bunch of threads that complain about it also.

It's best to consider why it was added in the first place, and the other consequences of removing it. Diff and others who were admins at that time probably have more insight.

#66 2019-03-11 19:06:25

mikelolsuperman
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

On-topic: it makes sense to me that the person who opens a thread should also have the power to close it. It’s their thread. If other people want to continue the discussion, they can open up another thread.

Merged with closed topic.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#67 2019-03-11 19:17:43, last edited by Anatoly (2019-03-11 19:18:19)

Anatoly

I'm confused... may I ask:

Is this topic about removing the ability to lock topics? Or is it about me posting "non sense"? Can be both sorted out?

If you don't want people to close topics, that means you want to respond? But seems like you only want to respond trash (sorry, but I can't call them any other way) replies? If you don't want to see my topics, then why do you respond? Sorry, but I'm confused to this paradox: You want to respond to my threads (because you don't want me to lock them...), but you don't want to respond to my threads (because you don't even read them; you consider them "annoying").

Personal life? Believe me, till now I was only (1) joking using my art skills, (2) sharing competitions and (3) asking for hint of "What shall I do?"

Many till now where of the 3rd kind... I was asking for help (dancing hint, whatever)... If you don't want to help, don't do it, but don't joke and keep the topic clean for others.

Memomemo wrote:

This forum is being filled with useless topics because of you.

Hard to tell. I am lonely creating a topic and you guys respond with 10 "trash" comments. If I even would fill the topic with my 1 topic, you are filling it even more with your responses.

Tomahawk wrote:

I dug up this thread by Diff that probably prompted the addition of the "lock topic" feature. There's a whole bunch of threads that complain about it also.

It's best to consider why it was added in the first place, and the other consequences of removing it. Diff and others who admins at that time probably have more insight.

I found a good quote I that topic:

Hidden text

Till now I've been explaining why I lock all my topics. And if you want to reply even more damn comments, then firstly walk a mile in my shoes. Every day, you get up, you have a real life, friends at school, everything is fine, and you come back home into the loneliness. There cool guys, you want to talk to them, then a guy named Luka comes into your discussion and says "haha, youarebad". We lock the discussion, so he won't be able to trash the topic more. What does he do? he cries that the topic is locked...

What would you do? Tell me. If that's good enough for both sides, I'll do.

Tell me. (PS, Tomahawk, the last part of the response is directed to Luka; you are a good guy; thanks for not bullying me, probably)

What's my opinion about this? This community needs drama every month, and that's understandable. The game itself is boring, nothing happens, we want some activity, what we do is drama, what you do is writing stories about us (and they are not bad!!) but in the end when I did well to share them I could read you trying to comeback even more: "Anatoly loves Nightmore, marries, whatever" Yes, Night More is a beautiful girl who lives in Brasilia, but how the **** did you came to any idea that I should be in love with her? I'm not.

Anyway, back to the post scriptum,

if you give me a chance to start from new, I will also change, but if you keep with bullying every post I write, I won't even want to change for the sake of you.

Last topics never contained my private life.

How's a joke "private life?" - If this is true then the forums is simply fun of your private lifes.

Tomahawk wrote:

And yet Onjit posts about making pasta and beans, and nobody bats an eyelid.

I also thought about this. Probably because it's Onjit and this topic is about me? It's the same situation in football at sports/education to train body, (how is it called again?) (in our school) - I failed the goal - I'm bad - Some of the "cool guys" failed the goal - Try again.

This is the system of the power triangle: Cool guys, outsiders, "Teachers"; for our forums: basically: a special group of users, me and some more, moderators (That's also how it works in prisons, but teachers are replaced by guards.)

EDIT: And if you don't read everything, do not respond, as your missing plenty of important details.

#68 2019-03-11 19:25:25

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

Hey I have an idea what if we literally just ignore everything he posts?
That will probably stop all this.

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#69 2019-03-11 19:31:25

Anatoly

Memomemo wrote:

Hey I have an idea what if we literally just ignore everything he posts?

And what have I been talking about all the time? great idea, sadly copied by me.

#70 2019-03-11 23:34:57

Different55
Forum Admin

Tomahawk wrote:

It's best to consider why it was added in the first place, and the other consequences of removing it. Diff and others who were admins at that time probably have more insight.

For the most part every single "hey can you lock this" request by topic owners was approved. Seemed like a good idea to just cut out the middle man then.

- ShinsukeIto

#71 2019-03-12 01:28:19, last edited by LukeM (2019-03-12 01:29:00)

LukeM
Website

I guess the difference is that now it's just one click away, while before, even if every request was accepted, it was a longer process so it wasn't something you just did for the sake of doing it. Personally I think that is the way it should be, more of a moderation tool than a way to forcibly end a discussion (at least in the game-related sub-forums I mentioned above).

#72 2019-03-12 01:34:54

Different55
Forum Admin

Yeah, we didn't think about the lower barrier and lack of middle man affecting the way people would want to use the topic locking feature.

- ShinsukeIto

#73 2019-03-12 10:45:10

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

But, Anatoly, there are no trash replies too.

Also, we are not bullying, we are just giving you advices. If you don’t want to change then okay, I don’t care. Post what you want, no one can stop you.
I also agree that some people bias and hates/bully you, maybe I was one of them, but now I’m not. It’s your decision to change or not.

But please can you not lock topics just because things are not expected? You lock topics because there are no value for discussion, what you’re doing is abusing it.

she/her

#74 2019-03-12 10:59:46

Different55
Forum Admin

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Also, we are not bullying, we are just giving you advices.

if you actually somehow believe this you're mentally rewriting history and should go back and look at some of his topics. it crossed the line of cyberbullying long ago

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#75 2019-03-12 11:03:44

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I didn’t know about it.

she/her

Luka5041553007607742954

Board footer