Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-23 16:46:12

Weirdoverse
Website

suggestion

Okay we all know that EEU is right over the hill, but if it fails and becomes less popular than EE is now, i suggest making a copy of EE coded in html5. Of course y'all staff members will be like "too much time consuming", "not worth it" etc etc. but deciding to replace a game that still has a reasonable amount of support with something that MAY fail definitely isn't worth it.
Even if EEU doesn't fail, good! it would be a nostalgic place to still play the game instead of the offline mode which would really defeat the purpose of EE as it is today.

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#2 2019-02-23 20:57:12

TheTemmie

Re: suggestion

EEU is an HTML5 version.
Also, EEU will be spread by ads, not only word-of-mouth, so it would be hard to be less popular.

#3 2019-02-24 10:02:23

Weirdoverse
Website

TheTemmie wrote:

EEU is an HTML5 version.
Also, EEU will be spread by ads, not only word-of-mouth, so it would be hard to be less popular.

as i said, ee should be ported to html5 too

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#4 2019-02-24 10:56:13

Gosha

Weirdoverse wrote:

you are suggesting a thing they are already doing

Wooted by: (5)

#5 2019-02-24 22:00:55

Weirdoverse
Website

Gosha wrote:
Weirdoverse wrote:

you are suggesting a thing they are already doing

eeu =/= ee

#6 2019-02-25 16:52:18

What benefit would that give? If you wanted to play the old EE, just play the old EE. There'd be no reason to make an HTML5 version of the old EE. Were we talking about making it available to different systems, maybe, but Everybody Edits is only really on PC...

Despite what people say, Different55 is the best mod.

#7 2019-02-26 14:30:05

Weirdoverse
Website

272 wrote:

What benefit would that give? If you wanted to play the old EE, just play the old EE. There'd be no reason to make an HTML5 version of the old EE. Were we talking about making it available to different systems, maybe, but Everybody Edits is only really on PC...

imagine having potato pc and wanting to host ee but guess what, flash is dead and you cant do anything

#8 2019-03-01 19:38:12

peace

well mabythey can port the old ee to free sever of PIO and stop- udpating it

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#9 2019-03-01 21:15:56

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

well mabythey can port the old ee to free sever of PIO and stop- udpating it

We're using way more capacity / storage / etc than the free tier (or any of the other cheaper tiers) allows, we can't just decrease the amount we're spending on it...

There are several reasons we're stopping developing current EE and moving fully to EEU:
- Currently problems with EE are a huge time-sink, even without the porting to HTML5 that would need to be done, so we'd much rather spend that time making EEU more likely to succeed than trying to keep the current EE running.
- Splitting an already small community in half is generally not a very good idea when the game relies on the multiplayer aspect as much as it does, by keeping EE running we'd just end up with two even less popular games, which just increases the chance of them both dying.
- As I said before, keeping EE running would mean we're paying twice as much for servers, which is money that could be put towards better things like advertising, staff, etc.

#10 2019-03-01 22:17:40

peace

yeah i see maby make an old ee that coudl be an on the free sever (new game but wiht old ghrapics ect)

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1551475060741636

Board footer