Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-31 04:05:54

ILoveYoshi368

Is EEU shooting itself and it's dev team down?

If you want to know why I feel like this, here are my reasons.

1: Apparently non-beta members get their accounts destroyed instead of transferred

2: Worlds aren't transferred either.

3: Be honest, you seen WAY too many debates on EEU's success, and at least ONE person has just been like "It's gonna ******* die".

4: Energy is gonna be 500 for new players, but... ...how expensive are the blocks and crap gonna be?

5: #3 pretty much goes for a good majority of the people on this forum: almost everyone is doubtful of it's success.

Look, I'm just saying EEU has tons of roadblocks and disadvantages and it's likely either gonna be rushed, a cash grab, or just flat-out terrible. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Be rootin'
Be tootin'
And by god be shootin'
But most of all
Be kind

#2 2018-12-31 04:11:02, last edited by Andymakeer (2018-12-31 04:13:23)

Andymakeer

Re: Is EEU shooting itself and it's dev team down?

any example of a failed rework made by the same company?

remember they are not changing the game, they are porting it to a better framework so its easier to handle and easier to implement new stuff

F

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2018-12-31 04:49:14

Minimania
Moderation Team

Andymakeer wrote:

any example of a failed rework made by the same company?

Oh there are plenty.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#4 2018-12-31 06:43:30, last edited by 2b55b5g (2018-12-31 06:44:56)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

About not transferring worlds, it’s because the mechanics in EEU will be different from EE. Even if you transfer the worlds they will be broken.
And why non-beta members get their account destroyed?

Also, how can you know what are the prices of the blocks in EEU? You haven’t played it yet so don’t imagine that all blocks have a high price. (Ofc I might be wrong since I also haven’t played it)

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2018-12-31 11:15:05

peace

ILoveYoshi368 wrote:

you can us ebtos for that but ntoe that nto all blokcs are going to be transfered in EEU and EEU will have 24*24 blocks instead of 16*16

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#6 2018-12-31 12:14:25

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Take your pessimism, roll it up nice and small, and shove it.

Don’t hate on something that isn’t even released yet.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#7 2018-12-31 13:37:18

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ILoveYoshi368 wrote:

If you want to know why I feel like this, here are my reasons.

1: Apparently non-beta members get their accounts destroyed instead of transferred

3: Be honest, you seen WAY too many debates on EEU's success, and at least ONE person has just been like "It's gonna ******* die".

4: Energy is gonna be 500 for new players, but... ...how expensive are the blocks and crap gonna be?

5: #3 pretty much goes for a good majority of the people on this forum: almost everyone is doubtful of it's success.

Look, I'm just saying EEU has tons of roadblocks and disadvantages and it's likely either gonna be rushed, a cash grab, or just flat-out terrible. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

1. Has that been explicitly said anywhere because I'm like 95% sure that isn't true? What is true, however, is the beta members can now sign up to take part in the beta version of the game. Hence, all beta member's stuff will be transferred over first when the beta version of the game is released. Once the full version of the game is released, I'm pretty sure everyone can request a transfer.

2. Unfortunately, most worlds will be lost. But there's a good reason for that. There will be different blocks and physics in EEU so most worlds would be heavily broken anyway. However, you are able to save your current worlds to your computer through things like EEditor so that you can recreate them in EEU. I recall that they said they might make some official form of saving your worlds, but if they don't then I'm sure players on this forum will make guides on how to save your worlds and then transfer them to EEU.

3. Sure, you'll get a few people doubting the success of EEU. That's going to happen with literally any form of change for anything. But most of us have faith in EEU and I think the game is currently in capable hands who have already made strong progress.

4. Simple answer, we don't know yet. But I don't think it's going to matter too much.

5. You're flat out wrong here. Most people are in support of EEU. It's a minority who constantly try to **** on its progress.

The only main disadvantage of EEU is that you will lose what you've gained in EE like how much time you put into your worlds. However, you're still going to be compensated for that and whilst time is not refundable there are workarounds for that loss of progression. Furthermore, EEU is going to fundamentally improve the game. It will no longer be an outdated flash game and additions to the game will be a lot easier to add. The positives far outway the negatives here.

EEU is not being rushed. If this recent update proves anything (considering it was expected to arrive closer to Christmas) it's that the staff aren't going to release something if they aren't happy with it. This also isn't a cash grab; if you knew anything about the developers then you'd know they have a genuine passion for this game. And I think it's unlikely the game will be bad since it's literally going to play and work the same as EE except it will be a lot smoother, better graphics, and have more and more interesting things added to it as it progresses - like things that aren't possible to add to EE.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2019-01-01 00:03:22

ILoveYoshi368

Well shoot, between venting, seeing the new trailer in the updated lobby, and whatever you guys are saying, I'm actually a lot more optimistic! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Be rootin'
Be tootin'
And by god be shootin'
But most of all
Be kind

Wooted by:

#9 2019-01-01 02:43:13

soniiiety

im so bored that the old ee game is boring im waitng for eeu online, hopefully if it doesnt have SUCCess then hopefully people will have a copy of it before it shutz downs etc

soniiiety1546306993736724

Board footer