Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-11-16 12:34:37, last edited by Luka504 (2018-11-16 12:44:22)

Luka504

Re: What's the thing?

Tomahawk wrote:

Wtf do people want?!

Do you know what I want? I want the owner of this game to not organize petty witch hunts against certain users out of a personal vendetta. This drama could have been avoided if Xeno didn't make this idiotic topic, talked to Joey in private and simply revoked his Patreon privileges, end of story. But nah. Let him take some time off his work for this.
In fact, he's even aware that he's turned Joey into a meme. Now people are just going to spam him "what's the thing" for a loooong while. He didn't have to do this, but gosh darn it he did done it anyway.

You can't compare him withholding information that people might find useful to a bunch of selfies. I don't get why there's such a big emphasis on not being allowed to share the video, but it's ok to post the entire script. Is there something in those videos that aren't in the script? I don't understand.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (4)

#52 2018-11-16 13:13:31

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

The bottom line is that drama always has consequences.

Try not criticising the guy handling EE and EEU development. I know it’s hard, but it’s worth it, I promise.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (3)

#53 2018-11-16 13:22:57

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Has this drama stopped? This is just stupid.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#54 2018-11-16 13:29:21, last edited by LukeM (2018-11-16 13:43:33)

LukeM
Website

Luka504 wrote:

You can't compare him withholding information that people might find useful to a bunch of selfies. I don't get why there's such a big emphasis on not being allowed to share the video, but it's ok to post the entire script. Is there something in those videos that aren't in the script? I don't understand.

Disclaimer: This is all just my opinion of what makes the Patreon vlogs good, it is not necessarily what Xenonetix thinks / what the actual reasons are. Just thought someone should probably reply giving at least some explanation //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

I guess there are 2 things really, firstly its being presented as a Patron only thing, so by releasing it to the public you're basically stealing the Patron's rewards (by making the fact that they paid for it worthless) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue. Secondly we don't really want the things that are said in the videos to be considered definite fact, when in reality pretty much everything about EEU is subject to change (the things we are more certain on will be released in forum updates as usual), they are more of an informal thing between Xenonetix and the Patrons, and if they were released publicly it sort of ruins that (although releasing information is fine, as it gives it a sort of rumour feel, so it generally isn't taken as definite fact anyway).

#55 2018-11-16 14:48:07

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

But seriously though, what’s the thing?

Two pages of replies and nobody has yet to explain this.

I did at the end of my post. Given that my post was a wall of other stuff too, you probably skipped it.

I think that 'the thing' is either an achievements (or daily challenge) system for permanent campaigns. In the video, the clues that Xeno gives is that 'the thing' is for permanent campaigns specifically, there's not really much of a reward for whatever it is, and that it's something to do.

Actually, in the midst of writing this post I think that I just figured out what it is. It occurred to me that challenging achievements for campaign worlds doesn't make much sense if there isn't any rewards. So now I'm thinking that 'the thing' is probably a speed run system for the worlds? That makes more sense. There's no rewards per say because the reward is simply the pride of being faster than everyone else.

I think that this thread would have been a whole lot better if it didn't mention joey. Without the second line in the original post, this thread could have been about turning the bad of the leaked information into hyping us up about what 'the thing' is and having the forums try to theorise on what it could be. I don't see why we can't turn this thread into that, but I guess people are always going to relish in the drama.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#56 2018-11-16 15:06:47

Pingohits
Banned

xeno u should delete the game

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (3)

#57 2018-11-16 16:55:22

Sqwairle

Pingohits wrote:

xeno u should delete the game

What game

#58 2018-11-16 19:56:48, last edited by chzandham (2018-11-16 19:57:07)

chzandham

People ask, what is The Thing?

My response; The Thing, is.. The Thing. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

tptD29P.png

Credits to Stubby For Making me this Signature!

Wooted by:

#59 2018-11-16 20:00:56

Fairy
Banned

why owner can SPAM game discussion and I cant?

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#60 2018-11-16 21:12:36

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

akahaka wrote:

why owner can SPAM game discussion and I cant?

Probably because your posts are bad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (4)

#61 2018-11-16 21:14:44, last edited by Slabdrill (2018-11-16 21:15:12)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

But seriously though, what’s the thing?

Two pages of replies and nobody has yet to explain this.

Sorry, but you must be a magic supporter ($20) to know what the thing is.

EE Staff probably knows it too, you can probably ask them instead.

suddenly random sig change

#62 2018-11-16 22:05:26

Joeyc

now i have noobs bothering me 24/7 asking what the thing is caused xenonetix technically abused his high up power to say such. so now everybody is bringing the attention to me
(THE THING)

Wooted by: (2)

#63 2018-11-16 22:13:07

Minimania
Moderation Team

Tomahawk wrote:

The bottom line is that drama always has consequences.

Try not criticising the guy handling EE and EEU development. I know it’s hard, but it’s worth it, I promise.

Reminder that that same guy is the person who started this topic in the first place.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#64 2018-11-16 22:14:44

Vitalijus
Website

Joeyc wrote:

now i have noobs bothering me 24/7 asking what the thing is caused xenonetix technically abused his high up power to say such. so now everybody is bringing the attention to me
(THE THING)

Thing the what

wn7I7Oa.png

#65 2018-11-16 22:25:53

Minimania
Moderation Team

LukeM wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

Disclaimer: This is all just my opinion of what makes the Patreon vlogs good, it is not necessarily what Xenonetix thinks / what the actual reasons are. Just thought someone should probably reply giving at least some explanation //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

I guess there are 2 things really, firstly its being presented as a Patron only thing, so by releasing it to the public you're basically stealing the Patron's rewards (by making the fact that they paid for it worthless) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue. Secondly we don't really want the things that are said in the videos to be considered definite fact, when in reality pretty much everything about EEU is subject to change (the things we are more certain on will be released in forum updates as usual), they are more of an informal thing between Xenonetix and the Patrons, and if they were released publicly it sort of ruins that (although releasing information is fine, as it gives it a sort of rumour feel, so it generally isn't taken as definite fact anyway).

This is the kind of relationship with the staff the community wants. How much should we be expected to pay for Xeno to not be a robot to us when he posts every few weeks? I didn't see that as a "Patreon Reward". I'd assumed Xeno had just gotten tired of the game, and now it's wonder I am too. Everything is so robotic, unless you pay for a personalized sneak preview of what's going to come anyway.

I understand that Patreon is supposed to be a way of supporting the game, but the policy needs to be reworked. Cutting off Joeyc from even being considered a Patron even though he had months left is like saying you don't want his money, and if you're going to go that far, then why should anyone at all support the game?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#66 2018-11-17 04:28:15

Joeyc

actually leaking information while that's patreon exclusive is ban in the Official Patreon TOS

#67 2018-11-17 06:23:46

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Joeyc wrote:

actually leaking information while that's patreon exclusive is ban in the Official Patreon TOS

True, but we're a bunch of casual gamers and developers, not lawyers. This is at least the third time there's been controversy over how the Staff deal with their money. I guess business just complicates things. Maybe this game isn't even fit to be a business.

#68 2018-11-17 13:12:35

LukeM
Website

N1KF wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

True, but we're a bunch of casual gamers and developers, not lawyers. This is at least the third time there's been controversy over how the Staff deal with their money. I guess business just complicates things. Maybe this game isn't even fit to be a business.

What would you suggest we do? Just leave Joey as a Patron and allow them to continue leaking Patron exclusives?

#69 2018-11-17 13:37:22

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Then don’t give rewards for Patrons

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#70 2018-11-17 15:09:20, last edited by TaskManager (2018-11-17 15:09:28)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

LukeM wrote:

What would you suggest we do?

change patreon policy so that non patron peasants can receive news on EEU from an official source such as forums or blog
and not only text but also screenshots and videos and whatnot

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#71 2018-11-17 15:20:40

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

JUST REMOVE PATREON EXCLUSIVE INFORMATION IT'S NOT LIKE WE DON'T EXIST AND WE CARE NOTHING ABOUT EEU!!!!!!!

#BanPEI

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#72 2018-11-17 15:34:25

LukeM
Website

TaskManager wrote:
LukeM wrote:

change patreon policy so that non patron peasants can receive news on EEU from an official source such as forums or blog

Like I said in my original reply, we're still releasing information we're more certain about normally, its just that the uncertain 'we currently think it would be nice to do this' sort of thing that it wouldn't make sense to release officially is now being compiled into a vlog for patrons.

If you like that sort of thing, ByteArray does something similar about the development side of things on his youtube channel which is probably worth watching, and of course as we get further in the development of EEU there will be a lot more things we're certain enough about to release officially.

#73 2018-11-17 17:52:59, last edited by SirJosh3917 (2018-11-17 17:53:09)

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

FWIW, the unofficial source of news for EEU development are bytearray's vlogs, since he's pretty much the exclusive/sole developer of EEU currently

#74 2018-11-17 19:51:50

daneeko

nDJd3xZ.png

UzI5nBc.png

#75 2018-11-17 21:19:44

azurepudding

LukeM wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Like I said in my original reply, we're still releasing information we're more certain about normally, its just that the uncertain 'we currently think it would be nice to do this' sort of thing that it wouldn't make sense to release officially is now being compiled into a vlog for patrons.

If you like that sort of thing, ByteArray does something similar about the development side of things on his youtube channel which is probably worth watching, and of course as we get further in the development of EEU there will be a lot more things we're certain enough about to release officially.

That makes sense, except..

There's pretty much no info given to us so far.  We have a resized basic and arrow pack, and that smileys might have hats.  That's.. kinda it.  If that's all we're given, how are we supposed to be sure the game's being worked on at all?  The resized blocks take a few minutes to make, the hat idea seconds.  After several months.. well, we're kinda going dry with information right now to say the least.

I don't know if the team hasn't realized, maybe all the juicy information has been locked to patreon?  But to non patreon, we have nothing.  That's not gonna drive up hype for the game.  After all, people can't know about the game if they can't know about the game.

Azure2.png

azurepudding1542485984732356

Board footer