Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-15 02:05:36

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

What's the thing?

But, what's the thing though?

Joey, please tell us, what's the thing?

Xenonetix-2.png

#2 2018-11-15 02:15:36

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

Re: What's the thing?

yeah joey, what's the thing?

#3 2018-11-15 02:17:04

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

JOEY or ZOEY??

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#4 2018-11-15 03:06:51

Joeyc

guys i have been threatened to lose access to some stuff, why patreon lie //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#5 2018-11-15 03:13:21

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Joeyc wrote:

why patreon lie

The reason is as simple as you breaking rules and promises.

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2018-11-15 03:14:23

Joeyc

it doesnt say that before i sign to patreon //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#7 2018-11-15 03:20:21, last edited by drunkbnu (2018-11-15 03:20:55)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Well, honestly, I couldn't care less about your situation with staff about Patreon feature access.

If I were to care, I'd still personally believe that trolling, and sharing stuff that was intended to be kept secret, are valid reasons to have access to the Patron Discord server and crew, removed. And they're obvious enough to not have to be stated.

Wooted by: (4)

#8 2018-11-15 03:21:36

Joeyc

HG wrote:

Well, honestly, I couldn't care less about your situation with staff about Patreon feature access.

If I were to care, I'd still personally believe that trolling, and sharing stuff that was intended to be kept secret, are valid reasons to have access to the Patron Discord server and crew, removed. And they're obvious enough to not have to be stated.

cause you dont have a response ???

#9 2018-11-15 03:30:58

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

My initial response was obviously an assumption. I don't know about the rules of the Discord server and the crew. Neither am I interested in knowing about them.

Once again, things that are obvious to cause you trouble with your integrity in the server and crew, are personally valid reasons for access removal.

Wooted by:

PTU

#10 2018-11-15 03:33:38

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

But, what's this thread about?

Xenonetix, please tell us, what's this thread about?

suddenly random sig change

#11 2018-11-15 03:53:29

Master1

Slabdrill wrote:

But, what's this thread about?

Xenonetix, please tell us, what's this thread about?

it appears to be about the thing

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#12 2018-11-15 07:27:21

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Honestly HG I'm not even surprised lol.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#13 2018-11-15 08:42:21, last edited by Luka504 (2018-11-15 13:08:38)

Luka504

Although I agree that Joey's actions have been beyond reckless (Did you have to use your own account to do this? Couldn't you have used a proxy?) I still understand why he did what he did and I wholeheartedly believe he did do this out of good intentions rather than just to be a troll.

He believes that this information shouldn't be locked behind a paywall and that every user deserves to get as much information regarding EEU as possible and I fully agree. It doesn't help issues that the two videos about EEU contain some of the most bland and basic information you could've asked for, making paying for it pretty **** ridiculous.

I also just really love the general antagonistic atmosphere looming over this topic. It's like Xeno got angery at Joey so he decided to publicly call him out on this to put him in the hot seat, like a child going on the forums to rant about a user who keeps kicking him from his free edit levels.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#14 2018-11-15 09:05:50

PTU
Formerly Pipec

Luka504 wrote:

making paying for it pretty **** ridiculous.

2$ for the lowest tier, is that much?

I just think JoeyC just abused his patreon benefits, which isn't ok
Rather than sharing mine account info in past, he didn't done anything wrong.

Overall this topic is useless and JoeyC shouldn't come back to the EE Patreon Discord.

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

#15 2018-11-15 09:16:22

Luka504

I should have elaborated, as I definitely think that Joey should lose his Patreon privileges. He did something he shouldn't have and he deserves to get punished for it. That's just basic justice.

All I'm saying is that Joey had a good reason to do what he did and how this topic is extremely stupid and unneeded. The videos by themselves are worth basically nothing, the only value you get out of those 2$/month is to join the discord server.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#16 2018-11-15 11:42:02

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Pipec wrote:

2$ for the lowest tier, is that much?

Having to pay to see whether the devs are actually working on the new game is just WRONG, regardless of pricing
We've had little to no news on the development of EEU, simply because the devs have this **** excuse "pay to see the news lololo"

i8SwC8p.png

#17 2018-11-15 12:38:54

azurepudding

While I was interested in the videos, they really didn't provide a lot of information.  Which I guess is OK as a paid bonus thing.  Would like more informative videos open for all, tho. 

That said, while it was a little lousy for Joey to share these videos, maybe he wouldn't have if we've been updated on the progress of EEU.  I mean, seeing basic pack in 24x24 was relatively a huge reveal, only because there has been nothing else.  You might also see your patreons increase if we become more informed and more excited for EEU.  People want to know where their money is going, and having one resized existing pack isn't really gonna cut it.

Azure2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#18 2018-11-15 13:22:08

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I think it's a good thing that Joey leaked those videos on the forums. I knew pretty much most of the information in those videos anyway by simply being attentive to what's being said by staff in game and on forums. To anyone who was worried about the future of the game, those 2 videos should serve as proof that the game has a future. But I think these videos will also serve as encouragement for people to join the EE patreon because now they have more of an idea of what they are getting by doing so.

TaskManager wrote:

Having to pay to see whether the devs are actually working on the new game is just WRONG, regardless of pricing
We've had little to no news on the development of EEU, simply because the devs have this **** excuse "pay to see the news lololo"

Lol, you're not looking very hard for the information. Most of it was already available. Over on Josh's Youtube channel the lobby overhaul update has been talked about a fair bit and he gives updates on progress for EEU every week. Oh, there's campaigns in the work? No surprise there, it is a few people's jobs after all. We've all known about the new physics for a long time. We've already been told that not every feature of EE will be in EEU immediately; any logical person would conclude that less needed things like the zombie effect won't be there immediately. We knew there were more blocks from the design contest being added, it's just been so long that we've forgotten about it. There's going to be a Christmas update? Who could have seen that coming... Single player EE, saving system in EEU? The staff has talked about that in the past and they are both popular suggestions - it makes sense that they will exist. And let's be honest, we all knew there was going to be another scavenger hunt. The only things that these vlogs tell us that wasn't already available were random little details like 5 campaigns are in the works, and the zombie effect is one of the things not being transferred immediately. Other than that, it was just confirmation of things that anyone of basic intelligence could have predicted anyway.

As for what the thing is, I assume that since he mentioned it affecting specifically permanent campaigns then I think it's probably some kind of achievement/daily challenge system.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#19 2018-11-15 14:48:20

Jorc

what did JoeyC do, am I only one that don't know the actual content? did he leak something from future updates and then got banned in patreon discord server or what?

#20 2018-11-15 18:22:26

Minimania
Moderation Team

It's been weeks and we haven't heard anything new about the reboot. At all. I know you're giving patreon supporters information earlier than we should, but how much earlier does it need to be?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#21 2018-11-15 19:00:06

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mutantdevle wrote:

Lol, you're not looking very hard for the information. Most of it was already available. Over on Josh's Youtube channel the lobby overhaul update has been talked about a fair bit and he gives updates on progress for EEU every week. Oh, there's campaigns in the work? No surprise there, it is a few people's jobs after all. We've all known about the new physics for a long time. We've already been told that not every feature of EE will be in EEU immediately; any logical person would conclude that less needed things like the zombie effect won't be there immediately. We knew there were more blocks from the design contest being added, it's just been so long that we've forgotten about it. There's going to be a Christmas update? Who could have seen that coming... Single player EE, saving system in EEU? The staff has talked about that in the past and they are both popular suggestions - it makes sense that they will exist. And let's be honest, we all knew there was going to be another scavenger hunt. The only things that these vlogs tell us that wasn't already available were random little details like 5 campaigns are in the works, and the zombie effect is one of the things not being transferred immediately. Other than that, it was just confirmation of things that anyone of basic intelligence could have predicted anyway.

As for what the thing is, I assume that since he mentioned it affecting specifically permanent campaigns then I think it's probably some kind of achievement/daily challenge system.

am i really expected to dig through social media pages of each staff member
isnt it the staff team that is supposed to be "transparent" for the community?
consider publishing updates on the progress of EEU on a *slightly* more official medium, such as forums or the blog (but nobody reads that anyway), instead of josh's youtube channel?
lobby overhaul and new campaigns are not what im looking for, that isn't EEU, besides it was well known for a while now anyway
new physics is an obvious change and was known for a long time, that's no news either
single player was also known for a long while and is not even relevant to the issue that i raised
just like campaigns
and the scavenger hunt, which, by the way, did we all really know there's going to be another one? is there a forum post from staff hinting that it will happen?
but that's not the point

the points are, that (speaking strictly of EEU)
1) it is the staff team that has to bring the news to the community by using the official/most popular mediums for it, not the community having to search for and predict possible changes/updates
2) hiding the news behind a paywall, basically leaving a major part of the community in darkness is WRONG and using "pay 4 news" as an excuse to not being transparent with the community is even WORSE
3) this one slightly undermines the point 2). having watched these 2 videos published by joeyc, i can conclude that not even patrons get any actual information on the development of EEU. which means the problem of awareness still stands in its full glory

i8SwC8p.png

#22 2018-11-15 19:23:10

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

It's a nubby thing for Joey to have done. Disagreeing with the rules and attempting to justify a forbidden action doesn't make it less forbidden. You can't get away with shoplifting food by giving it to homeless people.

Regardless, Xenolamb should really only kick Joey off the Patreon or take away some rewards if there are T&Cs stating that this may happen if news is shared.

Restricting EEU news to a few paying users doesn't seem like a great way to attract players.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#23 2018-11-15 19:39:49

ASDruska

well joey bribed me so i think he should keep all of his patreon privileges i think he deserves them

cringe ^
based v

Wooted by:

#24 2018-11-15 22:06:52

Schlog

what did he do

#25 2018-11-15 22:10:30

Vitalijus
Website

azurepudding1542485984732356

Board footer