Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-11-09 07:34:22, last edited by azurepudding (2018-11-09 07:40:29)

azurepudding

Re: Rotate colors

Anatoly wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

Red as yes would play a color trick on me I think as it'd feel like I'd be canceling when I'm actually confirming.

So what's the problem? You think it being red will stop you from clicking on it? In which case all it takes is for you to process what you want to do for at most 2 seconds and clicking the button anyway. It's an extremely minor inconvenience to you but potentially hour saving for others.

I can see this screwing over others as well.

You want to quit and hit Go To Lobby, and you see the red button.  You forgot to save, so you decide to cancel and possibly hit red and.. it didn't cancel, it leaves the world, losing your progress.  It's arguably misleading either way, but at least the way I see it, if I hit quit, green is for-sure the confirm color while red is for-sure the cancel color, whereas if you see it as "good vs bad," what's good to you depends on the situation.  You may want to discard changes which is the "good" option, you may want to go back and save which also would be the "good" option.  What's good or bad is situational, but confirm/cancel is always consistent.  Green is always confirm, red always cancel.

Red is always “Better do not do this”, grey is “Better ignore” and green is the “best way”. Is it the best way, to quit, to lose all your changes, to be annoyed about EE again showing the correct way to lose your data, being so angry that you’ll want to quit?

No.

You’re the only one right now being the opponent of this idea. Everyone sees the good in it, why don’t you?

Sigh.. why are you not reading my posts? Ironically for a second time I'm not going to repeat my reasoning.

Anyway, you can say I'm just agreeing with the staff who decided to have it this way.

Azure2.png

#27 2018-11-09 08:36:59

MWstudios

azurepudding wrote:

Sigh.. why are you not reading my posts? Ironically for a second time I'm not going to repeat my reasoning.

Maybe because your posts are too long to read them all?

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#28 2018-11-09 08:40:39, last edited by azurepudding (2018-11-09 08:43:41)

azurepudding

MWstudios wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

They might seem long because I'm quoting big posts/quote chains.  It makes no sense trying to counter a post you don't read anyway, tho.  Averaging 5 or less sentences isn't too much, is it?

Azure2.png

#29 2018-11-09 13:53:37

Anatoly

azurepudding wrote:
MWstudios wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

They might seem long because I'm quoting big posts/quote chains.  It makes no sense trying to counter a post you don't read anyway, tho.  Averaging 5 or less sentences isn't too much, is it?

I, do, read your post. I don’t get them however:

Your computer is infected with a virus...
Have you ever seen a green proceed?

#30 2018-11-09 20:10:19

azurepudding

Anatoly wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
MWstudios wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

I have already argued that green is being used as "confirm" here and red as cancel.  You are comparing to a computer virus- in which no one would ever in their right mind desire.  I have already given examples of when discarded changes may be desired.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#31 2018-11-10 07:48:33

Anatoly

azurepudding wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
MWstudios wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

I have already argued that green is being used as "confirm" here and red as cancel.  You are comparing to a computer virus- in which no one would ever in their right mind desire.  I have already given examples of when discarded changes may be desired.

But why don’t you understand it that the current way is worser?

#32 2018-11-10 10:04:24

azurepudding

Anatoly wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
MWstudios wrote:

But why don’t you understand it that the current way is worser?

Discarded changes may be wanted, or unwanted.  Yes or No being your preferred option is situational.  In this context it's green for confirm and red for cancel.  I don't think I can get any clearer than this.

Azure2.png

#33 2018-11-10 10:55:43

Luka504

This honestly seems like a case of "damned if you do and damned if you don't". For me personally, I've had instances of impulsively clicking yes and undoing a lot of work and I would much rather have the colors be swapped, but at the same time I see what azure is talking about when saying that red is a color normally associated with cancellation.

Frankly, considering how many woots the OP has, I still think that swapping the colors might be the better option as to satisfy the most amount of people. Frankly maybe we can swap their positions as well, where No is on the left side and Yes on the right.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (2)

#34 2018-11-10 11:21:11

peace

SOLUTION: make htis an option to swap color if want or not

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#35 2018-11-11 02:51:07

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I believe the current colors are fine. Red/grey works too, though the current colors work fine for the reason azure specified. If I click goto lobby it's because i want to go to lobby, not because I misclicked. My misclicks are always on the X button for the tab.

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#36 2018-11-11 11:58:52

peace

Slabdrill wrote:

I believe the current colors are fine. Red/grey works too, though the current colors work fine for the reason azure specified. If I click goto lobby it's because i want to go to lobby, not because I misclicked. My misclicks are always on the X button for the tab.

yeah btu you coudld always forgot to save btu ya misclicking on that button is kind ameh its not close to a button you wouldve pressed  then X on tab IS close to opnign a enw tab

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#37 2018-11-11 12:28:31

Anatoly

Slabdrill wrote:

I of course want to go to lobby, but if you haven't saved yet, and go to lobby, because you think one of your friend joined.

#38 2018-11-11 13:40:32

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Just make them the same color haha

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#39 2018-11-11 20:49:07

Anatoly

I’d like to here what Gosha and HG think about that since they are the only somehow still stay serious and argue correctly.

Anatoly1541965747731678

Board footer