Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-10 16:51:58

Nexus221
Website

I realised why potions were amazing back then.

So i just realised why everyone love potions that were removed from the a game a while ago,

First is to complete a level faster than it is possible without a potion. I mean that is why we all bought those i guess?

Second is uniqueness, i mean there were a lot of kewl stuff added then instantly - speed, zombie effect, curse, aura change.

Thirdly is customize your look in a different way [aura color change with potions], while only then you could just change your smiley.

The last and the most efficient thing is that those potions were timed, you could buy 10 potions max, and after you had to repurchase them.

#2 2018-11-10 16:54:27

Anatoly

Re: I realised why potions were amazing back then.

Nexus221 wrote:

So i just realised why everyone love potions that were removed from the a game a while ago,

First is to complete a level faster than it is possible without a potion. I mean that is why we all bought those i guess?

Second is uniqueness, i mean there were a lot of kewl stuff added then instantly - speed, zombie effect, curse, aura change.

Thirdly is customize your look in a different way [aura color change with potions], while only then you could just change your smiley.

The last and the most efficient thing is that those potions were timed, you could buy 10 potions max, and after you had to repurchase them.

But that would give an unfair advantage to level owners who don’t want potions used in their room.

#3 2018-11-10 17:18:01, last edited by Norwee (2018-11-10 17:20:11)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

What? I was under the impression that most people (including me) thought that potions were the most stupid, game-breaking addition ever to be put into the game, the very idea which was crafted by an idiot that didn’t even understand what made EE great (MrShoe). Basically potions were just one of the many stupid things that overcomplicated an already good game and made it seem like an cash cow franchise where you pay gems for consumable items and make MrsHoe richer than ever, heavily influencing the overall downfall of EE from the golden Chris Benjaminsen days. I hated the potion idea with a passion back then, and i still do. I’m so glad it was removed.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#4 2018-11-10 18:07:50

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Back in the day, I found it fun to troll worlds by using a zombie potion in a crowded area. I remember one zombie world where there was an area with a checkpoint blocked by zombie gates. I used a zombie potion, which blocked anybody who respawned from leaving the tiny area.

Because potions costed energy and a high enough magic level, there was a level of commitment you had to make for potions. Potions were brief, so if you wanted to exploit a level you had to find the right spot. This added a level of risk which I haven't found in the game otherwise. I even had an account just for buying potions, named MRCURSE.

Rest in peace MRCURSE. You were a relic of a lost era we may never see again. An era of no control, of anarchy, like a tiny respark of the brilliance we saw in free edit worlds.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (4)

#5 2018-11-10 19:16:28

mikelolsuperman
Website

If I remember correctly they removed potions because it was like 'allow potions' with 'yes' and 'no' so if you wanted to make a zombie minigame or a speed minigame it would mean you had to allow potions, but people could buy levitate potions and just skip all the minis. Say you worked on a map really hard to make it challenging but you had some minigames that needed for example speed effect to make the jump. Then people just buy 10 levitation potions and fly over the jump easily, and also skip all other minigames untill their potions ran out. That wouldn't be fun would it? Only for the person cheating past the minigame. If you wanna return effect potions maybe in the world settings individually check which potions are allowed and not allowed.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#6 2018-11-10 22:02:26, last edited by mutantdevle (2018-11-10 22:04:16)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I never used potions. The simple premise of them only lasting a few minutes meant I didn't consider it to be worth it to buy them. I had too many blocks and smileys to get //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Also, is your suggestion to add potions back or...?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#7 2018-11-10 23:21:47

azurepudding

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

What? I was under the impression that most people (including me) thought that potions were the most stupid, game-breaking addition ever to be put into the game, the very idea which was crafted by an idiot that didn’t even understand what made EE great (MrShoe). Basically potions were just one of the many stupid things that overcomplicated an already good game and made it seem like an cash cow franchise where you pay gems for consumable items and make MrsHoe richer than ever, heavily influencing the overall downfall of EE from the golden Chris Benjaminsen days. I hated the potion idea with a passion back then, and i still do. I’m so glad it was removed.

MrShoe had quite a lot of good ideas.  Potion effects were a great idea- they just weren't implemented to the best of their potential as limited use potions.  Nowadays effects are commonly used to further expand on the possibilities of this game.  Things like boosts were also under MrShoe and possibly coin doors?  I dunno.  But he had some good ideas and gets way more hate than he deserves.  Mind you, he also had to listen to his boss, Chris, so all mistakes weren't all on him.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#8 2018-11-10 23:43:36

mikelolsuperman
Website

azurepudding wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

MrShoe had quite a lot of good ideas.  Potion effects were a great idea- they just weren't implemented to the best of their potential as limited use potions.  Nowadays effects are commonly used to further expand on the possibilities of this game.  Things like boosts were also under MrShoe and possibly coin doors?  I dunno.  But he had some good ideas and gets way more hate than he deserves.  Mind you, he also had to listen to his boss, Chris, so all mistakes weren't all on him.

But then again MrShoe wanted to steal money from ee. If someone tried to steal your  money you wouldn't be very happy with him right?

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

Wooted by:

#9 2018-11-11 00:07:00

azurepudding

mikelolsuperman wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

But then again MrShoe wanted to steal money from ee. If someone tried to steal your  money you wouldn't be very happy with him right?

Steal money?  Steal how?  You mean make money?  That's usually how businesses go- they make money.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#10 2018-11-11 00:14:00

mikelolsuperman
Website

azurepudding wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Steal money?  Steal how?  You mean make money?  That's usually how businesses go- they make money.

No I mean (I don't remember that well, so I might be wrong) he used alts or had hacks or something and then he used money ee made by people buying gems and he took that money for himself instead of using it for whatever the staff would do with it.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#11 2018-11-11 00:16:09

azurepudding

mikelolsuperman wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

No I mean (I don't remember that well, so I might be wrong) he used alts or had hacks or something and then he used money ee made by people buying gems and he took that money for himself instead of using it for whatever the staff would do with it.

Right..

Any proof, and how would alts even do this anyway?

Azure2.png

#12 2018-11-11 00:21:03

mikelolsuperman
Website

I don't have any proof because when it happened I was still playing on an old laptop of my dad, and he used the alts as test subjects for hacks or something. If I am correct that is.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#13 2018-11-11 03:58:53

Security-Drone

That's quite a few assumptions.
IMO potions were just... there. I rarely used them, but when I did...
Bad Good things happen.

If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554

BillSprite2.5.pngricarcao4.pngBillSprite2.5.png

RICARCAO1

#14 2018-11-11 05:14:35, last edited by Zoey2070 (2018-11-11 05:14:48)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

mikelolsuperman wrote:

you're... thinking of NVD I think

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#15 2018-11-11 07:33:09

Anatoly

Zoey2070 wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

He’s talking about jawapa

#16 2018-11-11 08:13:44

Freckleface

Anatoly wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

He's talking about me.

F

#17 2018-11-11 09:02:28

Nexus221
Website

guys u do know that u could disable a specific potion with a chat command

Wooted by:

#18 2018-11-11 09:08:06, last edited by Luka504 (2018-11-11 09:08:49)

Luka504

Personally, even back in those days I really disliked potions. They were fairly expensive, lasted a short amount of time, and a lot of world owners disabled the use of certain/all potions which made them even less valuable. At best, they were just an energy sink after you already bought everything.

However, one exception exists. The zombie potion. It felt so good to just buy a one of these babies, go into a heavy populated "Humans vs Zombies" map and use it there, starting a domino chain of infections that can last for hours. Your potion persists way after you initially used it, thus giving you more bang for your buck. Plus since you can use it anywhere, it allowed for a lot of trolling opportunities and clever uses, where a player is JUST about to reach the trophy but you infect them in the last second just to annoy them. After potions were removed, most "Humans vs Zombies" maps ceased to be fun imo.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (2)

#19 2018-11-11 14:16:12

mikelolsuperman
Website

Freckleface wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

He's talking about me.

Hmm maybe jawapa but I personally don't think NVD. Maybe but I don't think. Well it was like 2 years ago or something when he was staff so it could be possible, but I just don't remember it.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#20 2018-11-11 19:54:55

HeyNK

Yeah, potions were bad.

Wooted by:

#21 2018-11-11 23:49:14

Latif

I always disabled them in my worlds. Potions were the worst thing that have ever existed in EE. Oh and mrshoe of course.

#22 2018-11-12 01:42:20

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Latif wrote:

I always disabled them in my worlds. Potions were the worst thing that have ever existed in EE. Oh and mrshoe of course.

Why do you call MrShoe bad?

Everybody Edits is Fred

#23 2018-11-12 16:17:10

Security-Drone

N1KF wrote:
Latif wrote:

He never answered his emails.

If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554

BillSprite2.5.pngricarcao4.pngBillSprite2.5.png

RICARCAO1

#24 2018-11-12 16:57:25

Gosha

Nexus221 wrote:

realised why everyone love potions

just from this line i thought it was a ****, but lol, it's not

#25 2018-11-12 23:19:22

Latif

Killerthegreat wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Latif wrote:

He never answered his emails.

Yeah I once sent an email to [email protected] but he never responded, he's a really bad guy. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by: (3)
Yu1542129010731819

Board footer