Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-24 18:10:18

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Black Friday sale guide

Every year, late in November, there's a one-day sale. Every item in the shop (except the Big Spender and Diamond) is now half-price (and rounded up, unfortunately). But what does this mean? This is a pretty big deal, yet I don't hear much talk about it. Let's see what you can do with this.

Preparing for the sale

The reason I'm posting this half a year before the sale? Well, because you need to plan far ahead to get the most out of the sale. The energy invested in an item stays the same, yet the number to "buy" the item halves. This means that if you have half the energy invested in an item before the sale, then you can get it instantly at no cost.

Why does that work? On Black Friday, energy is twice as valuable. This because your purchases happens at the half-way point, which can be taken advantage of. Just get to the half-way point (rounded up, for odd cases like the Hologram), then wait for the sale. You will be able to claim more items which is important. When you buy an item with a filled energy bar, click the "+All" button as this will not use up any energy.

If you buy all the worlds, NPCs, and limited blocks during the sale this way, it will take you about 23 days of filling energy bars halfway. This will save 13,200 energy, or roughly 23 days of energy generation. If you don't have all of the energy-purchasable items in the shop, or you use this for crew-related purchases, you can save even more.

Using campaign rewards

Use your campaign rewards wisely. Personally, I'm saving my refills for Black Friday, which is why I've still only beaten the Tutorials and limited-time campaigns. If you have a high energy cap, you might be able to save thousands (several days' worth) of energy through refills alone. Other campaign rewards are good too. Have an Extreme or Endurance campaign world you want to beat? Get near the end of the world before Black Friday. When the sale begins, take advantage of the save state and reach the goal for some energy to spend. Even if the reward isn't a full refill, this is good because it saves you lots of time you can use to play shorter refill worlds during the sale.

Is it worth it to save those energy rewards over increasing your max energy? As far as the Black Friday sale is concerned, yes. (And waiting to get the max energy rewards will just make it easier to find magic.) But if you can't login before your energy reaches its maximum, you may find it more efficient to get those campaign rewards early. Plus, it's not that fun just to wait to Black Friday to play campaign worlds, and campaign rewards are rather small compared to the effects of the "invest half-way" trick anyway. So do whatever you feel is the best for you.

Buying items during the sale

All gem prices are halved, except the Big Spender and Diamond (plus maybe Froggy, as we haven't had enough time to see what will happen with it). If you want to buy something with gems (besides the Big Spender or Diamond), I highly recommend waiting. This is extra notable for Gold Membership, which can be purchased one year at a time. So that means it's half the price if you just wait until Black Friday.

Don't invest your energy into something you can't buy during the sale. What matters is that you reach the half-way point of energy and buy the item. So if you just want to put all your energy into a Huge World, don't unless you can actually buy it. There are plenty of cheap no-risk items for sale. You can buy your Huge Worlds throughout the rest of the year.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#2 2018-11-03 01:55:06

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Black Friday sale guide

Bump because Black Friday is in a few weeks. If you want to fill energy bars halfway for your worlds and limited blocks, you need to start soon if you haven't already.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#3 2018-11-03 08:09:49

Anatoly

They have a bug that it will cost you to get the item.

#4 2018-11-03 23:45:52

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Anatoly wrote:

They have a bug that it will cost you to get the item.

Can you explain more about the bug?

Everybody Edits is Fred

N1KF1541285152730371

Board footer