Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-09 23:32:46, last edited by Slabdrill (2018-10-02 23:40:38)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

slabdrill's unofficial contest reviews

i started at winners 3 so

old (w3)
mystery (l4)
limited lives (l5)
risk vs reward (w4)
Non-linear (l6)
powerups (l7)
dreamland (w5)
sequel (l8) [WIP

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2018-09-09 23:36:02

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: slabdrill's unofficial contest reviews

Slabdrill wrote:

Like last time, you clearly made the art first and gameplay to fit in after.

That's because I only wanted to reflect our future plans as a team with a small quest, and my personal forfeit.

"We may no longer be in the contest, but we'll still dominate!" should have made it obvious.

But my opponent didn't submit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#3 2018-09-10 00:12:56, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-10 00:13:20)

azurepudding

[Radioactive Sunflowers]

[Old]

The first room in the museum is honestly filler.. it's probably the 2nd weakest room, with the first being the mini room before starting the final mini.  I probably should have used a solid tile instead of invisible, but there's nothing past the elevator and nothing to cause a death at least.

I made the win room near the end and realize I should have marked the gate with a coin door or something.  Saw lots of people try to immediately leap over it.  It was a little more clear when I had the trophy there, but I later moved it into the A+ achievement box.  Sort of a mistake.

As for it not being a magic museum.. who knows??  It's not supposed to be you really, just a representation of you learning about stuff in the past.  I mean you do play as the PLANET, while learning about how the Moon formed.  I could have locked the player into a timed door system or something to mimix studying, but i thought providing some info and then a minigame would be more fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I'm always a little lost when it comes to difficulty, because even with the easy minis, a few people have quit after a few losses.  I'll try to make hardmode options a little harder next time tho.

[Mystery]

You can?? Dang it.. I didn't even think about that.. at least it doesn't provide any helpful info.

I.. also didn't think about the portals bumping you up and down from the switches.  I'll keep this in mind later on, thanks!

I thought about allowing guessing before the hints, but.. it actually would have required more machine space.  The actual sample isn't decided until each ingredient hint is given out, thanks to a tip from Thwink.  This cut down on space, but would require the player to find the hints first.. but then I thought, those who guessed blindly would likely lose anyway.  It seems pretty basic, but there are 8 total sandwhich combos, 8 pizzas, and 12 icecreams.. I think.  12 for each if you count the faulty ingredients that had to be cut for room issues, which remain as options to throw you off still, at least.  That said, unfortunately gameplay and art had to be trimmed for concept, which I really didn't want to do.. but maybe there's a way to compact the machine even more?  I dunno.  I'm not really familiar with this stuff so this was quite the task for me as it was.

I almost went with a stove, but it's meant to be a running faucet //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue If you hold up, you can get a slight boost from the dripping water to jump over the dirty water.

If I remake this world in a larger world, I'll probably make the samples larger.  They remain partially covered up as the purple blocks hide the other possibilities.

Thanks for both the feedbacks, I'll keep these things in mind for the upcoming rounds, thanks! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#4 2018-09-10 01:00:13

Different55
Forum Admin

Slabdrill wrote:

So... why DID you use a retirement home as a front?

Sales dude in the underground offices mentions it, it's planned obsolescence and from another perspective it's self defense. Old person dies, you say it's a heart attack or some other organ failure and nobody looks twice. Nobody does autopsies on the elderly and nobody pays attention when a senile old man starts ranting about people disappearing. And it's planned obsolescence that let us start things like our liver subscription plan for heavy alcoholics. As many livers as you can drink through for a low flat rate.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2018-09-10 02:15:27

Introduction

cool, seems like im 2nd place in these reviews. also yeah god mode is just as random as the other endings. It's just you have 33% chance of getting it and 66% of not getting it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#6 2018-09-10 07:25:35

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Different55 wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:

So... why DID you use a retirement home as a front?

Sales dude in the underground offices mentions it, it's planned obsolescence and from another perspective it's self defense. Old person dies, you say it's a heart attack or some other organ failure and nobody looks twice. Nobody does autopsies on the elderly and nobody pays attention when a senile old man starts ranting about people disappearing. And it's planned obsolescence that let us start things like our liver subscription plan for heavy alcoholics. As many livers as you can drink through for a low flat rate.

I love dark EE levels like this. Finally i’m not the only one that makes them, yay! :>

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#7 2018-09-10 15:17:44, last edited by MWstudios (2018-09-10 15:17:56)

MWstudios

Who else skips contest reviews when reading forums

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#8 2018-09-13 05:15:01

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

updated with new round

also includes level IDs, feel free to play them early~

Wooted by:

#9 2018-09-13 05:41:31

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

creativity 0/10 OK WHAT i call this RIGGED

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#10 2018-09-13 06:01:36, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-13 06:02:57)

azurepudding

[Radioactive Sunflowers]

[Limited Lives]

It is kinda easy to miss with sign text being in the way, tho if you jump at the original spawn it takes you to the skip //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Aaaalso, if you felt the world was on the easy side, there's also a hidden hardmode option in the story section, hinted by a sign in the win box.  For gold and god! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

EDIT: A lot of people had trouble with the boss, tho last minute I added in backgrounds that reveal the nose portals, dunno if you played before or after the change

Azure2.png

#11 2018-09-13 06:45:06

peace

Slabdrill wrote:

I'm pretty sure god block is impossible considering the suicide blue. Also, boo invisible things

nothing is impossible :3

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#12 2018-09-13 16:07:56

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

azurepudding wrote:

[Radioactive Sunflowers]

[Limited Lives]

It is kinda easy to miss with sign text being in the way, tho if you jump at the original spawn it takes you to the skip //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Aaaalso, if you felt the world was on the easy side, there's also a hidden hardmode option in the story section, hinted by a sign in the win box.  For gold and god! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

EDIT: A lot of people had trouble with the boss, tho last minute I added in backgrounds that reveal the nose portals, dunno if you played before or after the change

I played after - it was still a little hard to figure out exactly what to do.
I didn’t think this one was too easy; I ran out of lives on the boss, and the hard mode basically gives you one life as the first mini is really hard without 3 deaths. Also, yeah - I saw the skip on my third time //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#13 2018-09-18 03:58:16

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

updated with another round

#14 2018-09-18 04:58:27

azurepudding

I took the criticism on Mystery Flavor and threw in some purple gates as obstacles in most of the repeatable minis (plus they're even shorter), tho had to drop the ones in the egg mini game because it was a headache and they actually made the mini easier (I guess I could have made them disappear each round instead?)  Also, you technically don't even need to beat them a single time- you can aim for red and get it over with, but that's one less edible cupcake for you!  And you need every single one for those elusive golden honey cupcakes //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

As with every round besides round 1, I keep finding myself short on space //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad I would have liked to have a frosting minigame and maybe a candle one as well.. along with more space for the existing minis, but FOR SOME REASON I keep designing switch systems in these medium worlds which reeeally eats up on space.  I guess I just hope it makes the world more interesting than a standard platforming one?

Anyway, oof, my opponent, I kinda don't know how the standard player (or even experienced ones) are supposed to be able to figure this one out.  You need hint signs.. in order to each the hint signs??  Following your tips I made it even less far so idk.

Azure2.png

#15 2018-09-18 05:51:57

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Slabdrill wrote:

also the name doesnt make any sense??

you're right
the name's exponential because that is non linear

i8SwC8p.png

#16 2018-09-18 22:41:38, last edited by Slabdrill (2018-09-18 22:41:59)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

azurepudding wrote:

Anyway, oof, my opponent, I kinda don't know how the standard player (or even experienced ones) are supposed to be able to figure this one out.  You need hint signs.. in order to each the hint signs??  Following your tips I made it even less far so idk.

The three hint signs are all standard illusion-style puzzles - not any harder than rotcil illusions (one of my fav campaign worlds, but only if you don't cheat and look up the solutions).
Using the info from those three hint signs, you can complete the puzzle for the trophy. It's not really doable without the hint signs, which is good, as you should need to read them and figure out what they mean (which, if you read the first sign, it tells you that you need to find the hint signs to pass the bridge). If the final puzzle was to be reasonably completable without a hint sign I probably would've deducted a load of points off gameplay/creativity as I'd be able to skip the gimmick of the world.

#17 2018-09-22 16:52:16, last edited by Slabdrill (2018-09-22 16:59:13)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

posted some reviews, for the worlds i could find anyways.

also yes ck/unau did begin making a world even if its incomplete

#18 2018-09-22 17:19:18

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

PWdBadDOZncEI
slab judge me daddy <3

i8SwC8p.png

#19 2018-09-22 17:20:23

Luka504

PWdBadDOZncEI -  Taskmanager L7
PWSESyBfU1cUI - The Derps w5
PWylua1EM2cUI - MusicMan w5

These are the levels you're missing.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#20 2018-09-22 21:00:26

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

thank you, added

#21 2018-09-22 21:20:36

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Slabdrill wrote:

i assume the rest are too but its harder to find which wikipedia page they're from

pumpkin pie recipe is literally googling pumpkin pie recipe and clicking on the first link

i8SwC8p.png

#22 2018-09-22 22:23:56

azurepudding

Slabdrill wrote:

azurepudding (PWbIBJSWA3cUI)
Gameplay - 5/10
Creativity - 7/10
Art - 3/5
Theme - 0/5
Even though they're completely different, I found the 4 different animals a little tedious. Also purple was too easy i finished with a third the time left
The arrows and team doors scattered around kinda suck but I get why they're there. The invisible block in the tree (above the prot) is a little meh as well - it makes sense, but it'd be better as a solid block.
These aren't what I'd consider powerups; you don't get any more powerful.
Total - 15/30

I wanted to squeeze in power-ups per animal but with already a short journey for each, there wouldn't have been much time before acquiring to feel like a proper power-up.. anyway, they're not quite power-ups but powers instead.  With the squirrel, you can fly through the sky, as the frog, swim through the lake.. it's sorta like getting a different power-up that over-rides the previous power.  Like how in Mario you get the fire flower and can throw fire balls that can melt ice, but then get the hammer suit that can break bricks, but you lose the fire power.

Purple was honestly rushed, and was originally 20 seconds but I think I lowered it to 18.  I was often able to finish with about 15 so I thought a few more seconds more would be fair.

Azure2.png

#23 2018-09-29 08:46:20

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I just saw this and why I get 15/30 in w3 lmao

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

2b55b5g1538207180726428

Board footer