Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#401 2018-09-11 00:25:27

azurepudding

Re: [Discussion] OFFICIAL Everybody Edits Tournament

Tbh I dunno how this is a theme really.. you could take any previous contest world and surround the trophy with death doors set to 5 or something, and now it fits the theme?  Or with any world ever that has a means of dying.  This feels more like a "Do whatever you want" round with potential frustration thrown in.  Old, classic, rescue, opposites, and the others were themes, this one.. not really.  You can even set the death limit to 999 and it still follows the "theme".. I don't blame peace for needing clarification on this.  Not meaning to sound negative, this just doesn't seem like a theme to me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I have an idea for a world, just spending a lot of time trying to think how to better incorporate death limit on it.

Azure2.png

#402 2018-09-11 07:06:03

peace

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
peace wrote:

sorry for double post but kirby you said if we dont knwo what the theme of LR5 means we can ask in the discussion thread so you shoudl answer there too or just explain it

It's not that complex really. The meaning is that the player or someone else has "limited lives" to achieve something. An standard example can be limited lives in mario, if you run out of 1-up mushrooms it's GAME OVER. It doesn't have to be exactly like that though, just an easy example. It can be whatever as long as it follows the theme to an extent.
https://i.imgur.com/z4p9AnM.png

thanks i htought it wa sosmething like ,mario run oup otf 1-up is gameover but wasnt sure doit it ACTUALY means you have limited lifes to beta the world hmm gott go to school so have an full day to think tf i wanna build in a medium world

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#403 2018-09-12 00:15:41, last edited by Slabdrill (2018-09-12 00:16:05)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

The challenge is figuring out how to encorporate the death limit as an interesting limitation - something like end quote's world, for instance. i can think of at least one other idea that isnt just a normal platforming world but with a death cap.

suddenly random sig change

#404 2018-09-12 22:01:16

Kirby

Just under 1 hour to submit!

#405 2018-09-12 22:03:44

Introduction

Kirby wrote:

Just under 1 hour to submit!

just realised you're near 4k posts go go kirby!!

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#406 2018-09-13 01:49:30

Different55
Forum Admin

Totally ran out of time this round.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#407 2018-09-13 02:26:23

Wizard2002

What a hectic round, I mean seriously my entire team had such busy schedules that we got hardly any time to work on anything. I'm genuinely surprised that we finished a world at all.

The Derpiest Wizard there ever was //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#408 2018-09-13 02:32:56

Different55
Forum Admin

I think this round might have been poorly timed for everyone. I built the entire last half of my level in the space between my classes today and it shows. Lengthier rounds would really make the whole contest drag on but it's pretty fast-paced right now.

- ShinsukeIto

#409 2018-09-13 04:26:59

azurepudding

I've come somewhat burnt out on building and waited until the last 24 hours to build this time, doing another all-nighter //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Wish the rounds were a day or two longer, plus if the judging periods could be a bit longer as well.  Building this much can be draining, oof..

But.. anyway.. I think we have a somewhat presentable level.  And now to cross fingers again.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Azure2.png

#410 2018-09-13 06:44:02

peace

i woudl like to have more time since now i take all the time up to the last 1-2 days to get an idea then rush in tim eot build it hwile i have school too

peace.png

#411 2018-09-13 07:37:22

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Wizard2002 wrote:

What a hectic round, I mean seriously my entire team had such busy schedules that we got hardly any time to work on anything. I'm genuinely surprised that we finished a world at all.

Different55 wrote:

I think this round might have been poorly timed for everyone. I built the entire last half of my level in the space between my classes today and it shows. Lengthier rounds would really make the whole contest drag on but it's pretty fast-paced right now.

azurepudding wrote:

I've come somewhat burnt out on building and waited until the last 24 hours to build this time, doing another all-nighter //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Wish the rounds were a day or two longer, plus if the judging periods could be a bit longer as well.  Building this much can be draining, oof..

But.. anyway.. I think we have a somewhat presentable level.  And now to cross fingers again.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

peace wrote:

i woudl like to have more time since now i take all the time up to the last 1-2 days to get an idea then rush in tim eot build it hwile i have school too

Hey guys...

I'm genuinely not trying to be a duch-bag, but they gave us more than enough time to build this world because just like you all were busy I was too. I work 30 hours a week and am a full-time college student, I volunteer places, but I build time in 'My' schedule to do something that I signed up for ***knowing in advance that I needed time for it*** Given that they politely gave us a schedule well advance enough for us to plan or just remind ourselves.

I can understand, and the community and staff can understand if your busy, that is why it is your decision to sign up knowing if you have the time for it or not.

Sorry for the Shpleef, but ye.

Wooted by:

#412 2018-09-13 09:00:45

azurepudding

Kaleb wrote:
Wizard2002 wrote:

Different55 wrote:

azurepudding wrote:

peace wrote:

Hey guys...

I'm genuinely not trying to be a duch-bag, but they gave us more than enough time to build this world because just like you all were busy I was too. I work 30 hours a week and am a full-time college student, I volunteer places, but I build time in 'My' schedule to do something that I signed up for ***knowing in advance that I needed time for it*** Given that they politely gave us a schedule well advance enough for us to plan or just remind ourselves.

I can understand, and the community and staff can understand if your busy, that is why it is your decision to sign up knowing if you have the time for it or not.

A lot of us signed up for this as it's kind of a one time opportunity.  I wouldn't say there's "more than enough" time, I think building just comes quicker to you.  Some of us are a team of one or two, also.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#413 2018-09-13 14:29:20

peace

and what if you have only 4 days ot think of osmehting DECENT AND GOOD and then plan how to make it in suhc space limitions if youre a goo dbuilder good for you

peace.png

#414 2018-09-14 01:35:09

Different55
Forum Admin

Kaleb wrote:
Wizard2002 wrote:

Different55 wrote:

azurepudding wrote:

peace wrote:

Hey guys...

You're on a team with 2 other people. It's not exactly surprising you managed to finish your world. Plenty of us are solo teams, so if there are days (and there are) where we're up til 2 or 3am working at jobs or trying to finish projects and papers, then nothing gets done at all.

- ShinsukeIto

#415 2018-09-14 01:48:59

matthewapril15

Wizard2002 wrote:

like wizard said and he knows my schedule and rene I warned him  and he knows that I can try to come on and i say this I am thankful for wiz cause u understand and i hope you have a great day today

d0VbXxW.png?1

#416 2018-09-14 06:43:18

peace

yeah if ur on s team and you cant build your teammates can do if ur solo and cant build thne nobody builds at all

peace.png

#417 2018-09-14 19:57:37

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Hey peace how does it feel to be on the losers bracket? Oh wait. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#418 2018-09-14 20:03:51, last edited by Zoey2070 (2018-09-14 20:04:03)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

can we just delay this tournament until the first week of October because I have no time not ability to build right now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#419 2018-09-14 20:49:03

azurepudding

TaskManager wrote:

Hey peace how does it feel to be on the losers bracket? Oh wait. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Not cool.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#420 2018-09-14 21:03:45

Wizard2002

Literally going to have 2 days off my building time for this next round... there goes a perfectly good weekend where its the only time my teammates will have actual time to build ****. Now I have to do all nighters again just to build with my teammates. DAMMIT!

The Derpiest Wizard there ever was //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#421 2018-09-14 21:30:31

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Different55 wrote:

You're on a team with 2 other people. It's not exactly surprising you managed to finish your world. Plenty of us are solo teams, so if there are days (and there are) where we're up til 2 or 3am working at jobs or trying to finish projects and papers, then nothing gets done at all.

preach it brother

#422 2018-09-15 00:57:15

Tiralmo

I'll be giving a short write-up on each team and matchup going forward, as new posts in this discussion thread. Here's L5/W4:

L5
W4

Wooted by: (5)

#423 2018-09-15 01:40:32

SmittyW

Kdl1ussmall.jpg
~:u

Wooted by: (4)

#424 2018-09-15 20:52:15

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Different55 wrote:
Kaleb wrote:
Wizard2002 wrote:

Different55 wrote:

azurepudding wrote:

peace wrote:

Hey guys...

Though in a way isnt it kinda like asking a brand new job that has already made your schedule, that you commited and sighned up to do, and you complaining because you do not have enough hours for the week. We know since they just hired you they aren't going to  promote you yet or extend your hours yet until you have worked there for some time and proven that you could do it, here in the tournament it is very very similar. Though the points to really talk ab

Zoey2070 wrote:

can we just delay this tournament until the first week of October because I have no time not ability to build right now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

azurepudding wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Not cool.

Why do you want to prolong the tournament that is supposed to take a long time anyway out of convenience? This is a TOURNAMENT! meaning we have to make time out of no time and work harder than usual because what we make depends on whether or not we can pass, "I don't have time for this and that and this..." NOT AN EXCUSE SRY <3 nope. I want to agree to the reasons why you want to extend the time... NOT no, lol but okay, if I am actually being serious, I don't think it is fair to All the rest of the people in the tournament to have to go through waiting longer for other teams that haven't built in time, the reason I think this is simple, Would you stop selling beans because 2 out of the 50 happy customers didn't like it?

Enurp wrote:
Different55 wrote:

preach it brother

Also yes I am biased because I am on a full team, but guess what all three of my team members do have lives and we are busy all the time, but we make time to complete our world, how? usually waiting until last minute because of timezones finishing homework so we can start working, I'd say our teamwork so far in this competition is outstanding, so how is yours? and if you are 1 person to a team... then my question is this, Do you still have the confidence and enthusiasm from when you signed up for the contest?

#425 2018-09-15 21:49:42, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-15 21:51:16)

azurepudding

Kaleb wrote:

Though in a way isnt it kinda like asking a brand new job that has already made your schedule, that you commited and sighned up to do, and you complaining because you do not have enough hours for the week. We know since they just hired you they aren't going to  promote you yet or extend your hours yet until you have worked there for some time and proven that you could do it, here in the tournament it is very very similar. Though the points to really talk ab

I don't think you finished there but..

No, it's not.  Needing more hours to make it by in life is not the same as an optional EE contest that gives a bubble aura.. I don't see how this anology lines up at all.  This is asking for more time to complete a project vs asking for more work to complete (for more money).  One is a way of living, the other is for a cosmetic item in a game.  This comparison is absurd.

Kaleb wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

azurepudding wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Not cool.

Why do you want to prolong the tournament that is supposed to take a long time anyway out of convenience? This is a TOURNAMENT! meaning we have to make time out of no time and work harder than usual because what we make depends on whether or not we can pass, "I don't have time for this and that and this..." NOT AN EXCUSE SRY <3 nope. I want to agree to the reasons why you want to extend the time... NOT no, lol but okay, if I am actually being serious, I don't think it is fair to All the rest of the people in the tournament to have to go through waiting longer for other teams that haven't built in time, the reason I think this is simple, Would you stop selling beans because 2 out of the 50 happy customers didn't like it?

A lot of us were skeptical of the time restraints before the contest even began, and once again this is a once or never opportunity, so of course we signed up to give it a chance.  We did not fully know our schedules 2 months in advance either.  We're all busy and after several rounds, building begins to drain on you and I think it's perfectly understandable to want a few extra days- even as a break between rounds.  But judging periods are actually going to shorten soon, giving us even less down time between rounds.

You argue it's not fair for the rest, but I argue it's not fair to those with busy schedules.  Someone who otherwise might be deserving to win, might not win because of too much school and work overlapping a contest round.

Kaleb wrote:

Also yes I am biased because I am on a full team, but guess what all three of my team members do have lives and we are busy all the time, but we make time to complete our world, how? usually waiting until last minute because of timezones finishing homework so we can start working, I'd say our teamwork so far in this competition is outstanding, so how is yours? and if you are 1 person to a team... then my question is this, Do you still have the confidence and enthusiasm from when you signed up for the contest?

Yes, bias.  And all three of you being busy doesn't change the fact that there are three of you- effectively tripling your time compared to someone going solo.

All I'd like is a few more days break between rounds.

Azure2.png

ILikeTofuuJoe1540042820728629

Board footer