Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-05 06:04:50

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

low quality

threre should be a low quality mode but isnt techically low quality, just no animations and no stupid particles that cause lag when dying, and please no animations at all. Because thats what causes lag.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#2 2018-09-05 10:17:33

Anatoly

Re: low quality

id suggest having this at minimal.eeu.com

#3 2018-09-05 11:44:38

Andymakeer

as i record, every single object in EE loads a new sprite every frame, even objects with no animations are just loading the same image every frame. So animated and non-animated objects uses the same memory amount to work

disabling animations won't stop the lag

F

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2018-09-05 11:50:54

Gosha

Andymakeer wrote:

as i record, every single object in EE loads a new sprite every frame, even objects with no animations are just loading the same image every frame. So animated and non-animated objects uses the same memory amount to work

Yeah, that's quite right, unfortunately. Each block in the game has to be redrawn every tick, thus they act like animations, but don't change graphics

Wooted by:

#5 2018-09-05 15:07:04

peace

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

threre should be a low quality mode but isnt techically low quality, just no animations and no stupid particles that cause lag when dying, and please no animations at all. Because thats what causes lag.

you can alsreayd disable portal particables ect in settings not for dying however

Gosha wrote:
Andymakeer wrote:

Yeah, that's quite right, unfortunately. Each block in the game has to be redrawn every tick, thus they act like animations, but don't change graphics

wtf why load all the blcoks every tick?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#6 2018-09-05 15:44:20, last edited by LukeM (2018-09-05 15:45:25)

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:
Gosha wrote:

Thats just the way it was originally made (and I think is the standard way that flash games work) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Its too much effort to change it now, but we'll try to do things better in EEU, I'm guessing either by only redrawing what changes, or by using hardware acceleration (probably using WebGL) so the drawing is fast enough that it won't be a performance bottleneck, even if everything is redrawn every tick.

#7 2018-09-05 16:14:05

Trytu

peace wrote:

if they wouldn't load every tick, your game would freeze, and you wouldn't be able to know where blocks are
I think there would be possible to load every second/third tick
then game would have less FPS, but more stable gameplay

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

#8 2018-09-05 16:25:40

LukeM
Website

Trytu wrote:
peace wrote:

if they wouldn't load every tick, your game would freeze, and you wouldn't be able to know where blocks are
I think there would be possible to load every second/third tick
then game would have less FPS, but more stable gameplay

Because of how graphics operations work in modern computers, you can actually make it more efficient by drawing blocks to a larger image once, then drawing that larger image to the screen every tick, which is really counter intuitive because you're drawing the same number of pixels (if you do it per layer), but it actually makes it orders of magnitude faster. This is because the majority of the time is taken telling your graphics card what to draw and where (at least in simple 2D games like EE), so drawing a single big image is massively faster than drawing a few hundred small images.

#9 2018-09-05 16:40:54, last edited by Trytu (2018-09-05 16:43:54)

Trytu

LukeM wrote:

Because of how graphics operations work in modern computers, you can actually make it more efficient by drawing blocks to a larger image once, then drawing that larger image to the screen every tick, which is really counter intuitive because you're drawing the same number of pixels (if you do it per layer), but it actually makes it orders of magnitude faster. This is because the majority of the time is taken telling your graphics card what to draw and where (at least in simple 2D games like EE), so drawing a single big image is massively faster than drawing a few hundred small images.

still in some heavier games, there is an option to change max amount of FPS, to make game more stable,

btw, how to draw larger image once when you have small graphic??
every time i wanted to do a "sheet" of graphic blocks, i did a list, and load them on visible screen
then i refreshed the game screen because refreshing it every single load is bad
how to optimize that like you said??

and how to use graphic card instead CPU?? are there special bookcase? i looked for that i didn's found.
(i know i should give that question in bots and programming, but you touch that topic here, so i give it here now)

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

#10 2018-09-05 17:44:28

LukeM
Website

Trytu wrote:
LukeM wrote:

still in some heavier games, there is an option to change max amount of FPS, to make game more stable,

btw, how to draw larger image once when you have small graphic??
every time i wanted to do a "sheet" of graphic blocks, i did a list, and load them on visible screen
then i refreshed the game screen because refreshing it every single load is bad
how to optimize that like you said??

and how to use graphic card instead CPU?? are there special bookcase? i looked for that i didn's found.
(i know i should give that question in bots and programming, but you touch that topic here, so i give it here now)

Yes, an FPS control would be good to have in the rEEboot (not sure about how easy it would be to add currently though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

With the larger image thing, I meant instead of drawing the area around you to the screen directly, you would draw it to a temporary image (the same way you would draw blocks to the screen normally, but to an off-screen image instead), then as you move around you would only need to draw the blocks around the edges (and I guess any animated blocks too), everything else would stay the same in the big image, it would just being drawn to a slightly different position.

And the graphics card / CPU thing really depends on what programming language you're using, I've mainly tested it in JavaScript, which in most browsers automatically decides what to use based on which will be fastest (I think), although you can chose to do it manually using WebGL, which is a lot more complicated //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#11 2018-09-05 18:04:15

Anatoly

Id suggested making it the "apple" way

instead of loading all 200x200 blocks, just load the blocks the player sees, if its not done yet

#12 2018-09-05 18:21:31

LukeM
Website

Anatoly wrote:

instead of loading all 200x200 blocks, just load the blocks the player sees, if its not done yet

Depends what you mean by load...

The whole world is loaded as in the blocks are downloaded from the server, (as otherwise you'd have a large delay when going through portals etc and other players wouldn't update correctly), but only the blocks on screen are graphically updated and drawn.

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2018-09-05 19:33:43

Anatoly

LukeM wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

The whole world is loaded as in the blocks are downloaded from the server, (as otherwise you'd have a large delay when going through portals etc and other players wouldn't update correctly), but only the blocks on screen are graphically updated and drawn.

I mean do you draw every block of the world or only viewed ones?

#14 2018-09-05 19:51:37

Gosha

Anatoly wrote:
LukeM wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

I mean do you draw every block of the world or only viewed ones?

Of course we draw only blocks you can see

Wooted by: (3)
Gosha1536173497723411

Board footer