Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-21 16:01:55

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

god blocks in campaigns

I remember in the past, god blocks were removed from campaign worlds because "they didn't work properly" or something like that. However, I saw one in "unforgiving climb".

Was this fixed, and if so, could the god blocks be restored in those worlds?

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2018-05-21 17:31:21

PTU
Formerly Pipec

Re: god blocks in campaigns

Yeah..

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

Wooted by:

#3 2018-05-21 19:22:47

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

The issue with god blocks is that they are easily exploited. Anybody who wants to can gain god by doing a full scan on the world's blocks and finding the position of the block.

This is also the reason they didn't add edit blocks. God blocks in campaigns can lead to cheating which can't be avoided.

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2018-05-21 19:33:17, last edited by LukeM (2018-05-21 19:33:56)

LukeM
Website

realmaster42 wrote:

The issue with god blocks is that they are easily exploited. Anybody who wants to can gain god by doing a full scan on the world's blocks and finding the position of the block.

This is also the reason they didn't add edit blocks. God blocks in campaigns can lead to cheating which can't be avoided.

I don't see the difference between god blocks and win blocks? Surely if you could prevent people from getting the win block you could do exactly the same thing to prevent people from getting the god block?

#5 2018-05-21 23:41:03

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

LukeM wrote:
realmaster42 wrote:

I don't see the difference between god blocks and win blocks? Surely if you could prevent people from getting the win block you could do exactly the same thing to prevent people from getting the god block?

God blocks mean the anti-cheat system can be avoided entirely, while the win block can't be hit without kicking the person for cheating if they didn't meet all the requirements of the anti-cheat system. I've removed the god block, and thanks for pointing it out //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix_2.png

#6 2018-05-21 23:51:33

LukeM
Website

Xenonetix wrote:

God blocks mean the anti-cheat system can be avoided entirely, while the win block can't be hit without kicking the person for cheating if they didn't meet all the requirements of the anti-cheat system. I've removed the god block, and thanks for pointing it out //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I mean couldn't you just check the requirements when a god block is hit too? Wouldn't it just mean running the exact same check when either god or win blocks are used instead of just win blocks?

#7 2018-05-23 18:39:05, last edited by mutantdevle (2018-05-23 18:43:04)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Xenonetix wrote:
LukeM wrote:
realmaster42 wrote:

I have a small and easily implemented idea for an addition to the anti-cheat if you're interested (PM me about it). I feel like it would nullify using god mode to exploit the world.

Also building off of what LukeM says in the post above mine, I don't think the 'same' requirements would be appropriate in every world for getting god mode and getting the trophy, so perhaps a separate set of requirements for getting the god block would be more appropriate for each world. Alternatively, campaign worlds could be modified so that you can only ever get the god block after getting the trophy. Hence a simple check for whether a player has god mode when they get the trophy could result in a kick if they do.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#8 2018-05-24 00:04:43

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Worlds that have curse or systems would be **** up.

#9 2018-05-24 19:54:20

capasha

Using god in campaigns wont let you win.

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2018-05-24 22:13:10

LukeM
Website

capasha wrote:

Not sure who you are responding to, but surely they could make it so you only get god once you have 'won' the world (once you have access to the trophy), then it could be treated exactly the same as win blocks so it would be incredibly easy to code, and you wouldn't be prevented from getting the trophy if you got the god block first (as to get the god block you need to have passed the win conditions, so the anti cheat could be disabled after that).

#11 2018-05-25 16:46:34

capasha

LukeM wrote:
capasha wrote:

Not sure who you are responding to, but surely they could make it so you only get god once you have 'won' the world (once you have access to the trophy), then it could be treated exactly the same as win blocks so it would be incredibly easy to code, and you wouldn't be prevented from getting the trophy if you got the god block first (as to get the god block you need to have passed the win conditions, so the anti cheat could be disabled after that).

There have been owners of campaigns for a long time ago that could use god. And admins that use god or mod aura.
I remember that they said while in god mode or admin mode you won't win the world at all. So have god blocks in the world wouldn't help anyone.

#12 2018-05-25 17:35:25

Gosha

Not only admin/mod/god modes won't allow you to win. If i teleport somebody or mess with one's position - he will leave the campaign mode

Wooted by:

PTU

#13 2018-05-25 17:38:31

LukeM
Website

capasha wrote:
LukeM wrote:

There have been owners of campaigns for a long time ago that could use god. And admins that use god or mod aura.
I remember that they said while in god mode or admin mode you won't win the world at all. So have god blocks in the world wouldn't help anyone.

Surely they could make it so you can win with god blocks if you can only get god mode after you meet the win conditions though?
I guess it might make it slightly more difficult to detect staff and owner wins / cheats, but that could be solved simply too by only allowing admin / mod mode for them, and maybe disabling god for the owner until they beat the world the first time.

#14 2018-05-25 17:40:23

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

Pretty sure using the same system for god mode as win blocks would be useful, besides, what if you add a requirement that made it impossible to win if you got god mode?

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#15 2018-08-20 17:42:28

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

still curious about this - it's the kind of thing i think would be worth doing, since flying around with god is fun.

unknown.png

suddenly random sig change

#16 2018-08-20 17:49:07, last edited by LukeM (2018-08-20 17:49:41)

LukeM
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

still curious about this - it's the kind of thing i think would be worth doing, since flying around with god is fun.

I just did this literally 20 minutes ago XD

Haven't tested it much yet, so its possible that there will be an unexpected problem and it will have to be reverted, but if it goes well then it should be included in the next update //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

LukeM1534783747720625

Board footer