Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-30 13:20:44, last edited by Kira (2018-07-30 13:57:21)

Kira

Confuse effect

An effect that mix your arrow keys.

For instance Left turns up, down is left, up is right and right is down.

We have a lot of "buffs" added, why don't we add "debuffs" to spice things up?

Wooted by: (5)

#2 2018-07-30 13:26:47

minam

Re: Confuse effect

Nice suggestion but flawed.
If you have a separate keyboard, then you can just turn it, making this feature a bit worthless. Also would up<->down left<->right be more plausible?

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#3 2018-07-30 13:38:30

Kira

Wrong. It would be randomized. I don't get how having a separate keyboard would affect this effect in any way

#4 2018-07-30 13:41:06

minam

Kira wrote:

Wrong. It would be randomized. I don't get how having a separate keyboard would affect this effect in any way

I think what you described in the top post was basically changing the keys 90 degrees clockwise, so you could combat this easily by turning your keyboard 90 degrees counter-clockwise.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#5 2018-07-30 13:48:06

Kira

minam wrote:
Kira wrote:

I think what you described in the top post was basically changing the keys 90 degrees clockwise, so you could combat this easily by turning your keyboard 90 degrees counter-clockwise.

What the hell are you even talking about? I'm seriously confused

#6 2018-07-30 13:49:54

Anatoly

Kira wrote:
minam wrote:
Kira wrote:

What is this topic about? I'm confused.

#7 2018-07-30 13:58:16

Kira

Anatoly wrote:
Kira wrote:
minam wrote:
Kira wrote:

What is this topic about? I'm confused.

Sorry Anatoly you need at least 10 iq to understand this thread.

On a serious note how is this difficult to understand? It's literally an effect that would randomize your arrow keys.

Wooted by:

#8 2018-07-30 14:06:44

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Kira wrote:

On a serious note how is this difficult to understand?

kek i'd say the same about minam's reply

tbh i dont feel like this would have many applications in ee, other than adding it to EP to make that and similar levels even more bs

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2018-07-30 17:40:20

peace

shoulnd tbe random not far if yo ufall through it and need to quickly go to the > in order to not die

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2018-07-30 22:33:30

azurepudding

If this were added, it should just flip controls, not randomize them.  And.. turning keyboard wouldn't negate that, how awkward would that control? 

Anyway, not sure on any positive use of this.  Could you provide some uses?

Azure2.png

#11 2018-07-30 22:38:41

Kira

Confuse effect:

Changes controls by rotating directional controls counterclockwise and reversing rotation controls. Left > Down, Down > Left, Right > Up, Up > Right, Rotate Left > Rotate Right, Rotate Right > Rotate Left.

#12 2018-07-30 23:15:19

azurepudding

Kira wrote:

Confuse effect:

Changes controls by rotating directional controls counterclockwise and reversing rotation controls. Left > Down, Down > Left, Right > Up, Up > Right, Rotate Left > Rotate Right, Rotate Right > Rotate Left.

very helpful wow thank you.

again what are some uses this effect could give?  all it does is clunkify the controls.  unlike debuffs like curse and lava that allow a time limit, this just adds mechanical difficulty.

Azure2.png

#13 2018-07-30 23:16:09

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Stop faffing with the semantics and consider the suggestion as a whole.

It's a good idea. It could have an optional timer too.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#14 2018-07-30 23:17:30, last edited by azurepudding (2018-07-30 23:34:42)

azurepudding

Tomahawk wrote:

???

how is this semantics

I asked for any uses this could have and he just re-explains the effect that i already understand.  In fact I am trying to consider the suggestion as a whole, that's why I'm asking for examples of usefulness so that I can be convinced.  Nothing was given, I asked for examples, and nothing was given again.  So now I'm leaning even more towards this having no use since even the suggester doesn't have any ideas of how it can be useful.

Azure2.png

#15 2018-07-30 23:33:18

Freckleface

azurepudding wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

???

how is this semantics

I asked for any uses this could have and he just re-explains the effect that i already understand.  In fact I am trying to consider the suggestion as a whole, that's why I'm asking for examples of usefulness so that I can be convinced.  Nothing was given, I asked for examples, and nothing was given again.  So now I'm leaning even more towards this having no use since even the suggester doesn't have any ideas of how it can be useful.

The purpose of the effect is to make players leave your world faster.

F

#16 2018-07-31 00:07:13

LukeM
Website

Freckleface wrote:
azurepudding

How about it also inverts your mouse so you can't press the leave button //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

On a serious note: I see a lot of games with temporary confuse effects, but they are more fast paced PvP / PvE games, where confuse sometimes makes you run into the enemy. In a platformer like EE this feels like it would be more annoying than anything... (Unless I'm missing something good this could be used for)

#17 2018-07-31 10:06:28

azurepudding

LukeM wrote:
Freckleface wrote:
azurepudding

How about it also inverts your mouse so you can't press the leave button //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

On a serious note: I see a lot of games with temporary confuse effects, but they are more fast paced PvP / PvE games, where confuse sometimes makes you run into the enemy. In a platformer like EE this feels like it would be more annoying than anything... (Unless I'm missing something good this could be used for)

A confuse-type effect is also usually used in games where the player has health.. in a game that's 1 hit and you're dead, you're better off just putting spikes in place of this proposed effect block.  At least lava and curse have other uses besides being a slow death, as they allow a given time to beat a mini, but this effect cannot be used in this way and will turn me away from a world just as would discovering a hookjump.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#18 2018-08-02 06:08:10

Kira

I want to make an endless pain with confuse effect.

#19 2018-08-02 12:09:45

Andymakeer

i dislike confuse effect because i can't see any new type of parkours/mini, its always a bad effect...

also easily exploitable, even if its random

F

#20 2018-08-02 13:28:07

Luka504

Kira wrote:

I want to make an endless pain with confuse effect.

There are plenty of other ways where you can make your awful world even worse, there's no point in creating an effect that no good level would have.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka5041533212887717600

Board footer