Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-01 11:53:18

Anatoly

Hologram/Party doors

:joy:

Can be activated only by touching hologram/cake, but deactivated with smiley change.

Wooted by: (6)

#2 2018-08-01 11:57:36

minam

Re: Hologram/Party doors

That's actually a nice suggestion.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#3 2018-08-01 11:58:11

Anatoly

minam wrote:

Diagonal Gravity was also a nice discussion until someone didn't touched a strange topic about vectors.

#4 2018-08-01 12:00:38, last edited by minam (2018-08-01 12:14:54)

minam

Anatoly wrote:
minam wrote:

Diagonal Gravity was also a nice discussion until someone didn't touched a strange topic about vectors.

I'm not going to bring diagonal gravity into this thread, but with all due respect, having a nice discussion and having a nice suggestion is different. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean that you can't have a nice discussion.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2018-08-01 15:54:39

Onjit
Website

minam wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
minam wrote:

I'm not going to bring diagonal gravity into this thread, but with all due respect, having a nice discussion and having a nice suggestion is different. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean that you can't have a nice discussion.

I think the problem is that Anatoly doesnt really want a discussion, mostly just people patting him on the back for coming up with such original ideas.

Quite frankly, I think it's more interesting to question the suggestion and actually consider how it could/should be implemented. The discussion in the Diagonal Gravity thread isn't negative or against Anatoly, it's inquisitive. While it's "nicer" to just woot and say "cool idea I love it", this does nothing to actually make anything happen.

From a designer's perspective, the suggestion of diagonal gravity is interesting, but it presents many problems that need to be solved. Just saying "hey you should work on this with the reeboot" and trying to avoid further discussion will only hinder your efforts. I think it's worth taking a moment to think about the development team's perspective of how they would go about actually implemeting this. Especially something as fundamental to the game as gravity.

As for this suggestion, it sounds pretty good, but still has somr problems to be solved. For example, from a code side, is the smiley that a player is wearing a variable that can be detected/controlled for this purpose? I don't know, but it might be an issue.
Another problem is what if a player is in one of these doors as a hologrsm, and then they change their smiley? Would it act like a timed door, trapping the player, or like a key block, only updating after they leave the block?

I think the takeaway message is that conflicting opinions are not inherently bad, and they can generate worthwhile discussion. People aren't disagreeing with you just because they're mean, maybe they just want to debate.

:.|:;

#6 2018-08-01 17:03:07

PTU
Formerly Pipec

Stop being rude to diamond!
What did he even done to you?
This is clearly unfair //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

Wooted by:

#7 2018-08-01 18:26:53

Latif

Another problem is what if a player is in one of these doors as a hologram, and then they change their smiley? Would it act like a timed door, trapping the player, or like a key block, only updating after they leave the block?

Of course it should deactivate when the player leaves, being trapped in the block would be very weird.

Not sure if this would be used a lot, but it could be interesting in some cases.

#8 2018-08-02 04:55:39

minam

Latif wrote:

Another problem is what if a player is in one of these doors as a hologram, and then they change their smiley? Would it act like a timed door, trapping the player, or like a key block, only updating after they leave the block?

Of course it should deactivate when the player leaves, being trapped in the block would be very weird.

Not sure if this would be used a lot, but it could be interesting in some cases.

It probably wont be used a lot, but it gives a "hard mode" that you can get rid of if you find it too difficult, by using gates and doors. Yes, this can be done with switches, but it gives you the option to quit the mode wherever you get stuck.

Also, the builders and players should keep in mind that they could possibly get stuck, similar to one-ways, switch stuff, and key stuff, so should probably place them smartly.

Wouldn't minis that you have to change your smiley be a goodweird idea?

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

Wooted by: (2)
minam1533182139717550

Board footer