Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-07-24 02:14:18

den3107

Re: EE or Reboot?

minimania wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
minimania wrote:

A lot of worlds would be broken if they moved it anyways, so why do that?

This could be easily fixable if players could add their own blocks to EE (skins and such, not action blocks)

The problem is that it's not a port to a new engine (like your example game). It's a remake. And as the devs have already told, it'll likely include different (probably better) physics. Different physics means the old worlds won't work (as well).
Steps will be taken to make a tool to port the data over but... Not everything will simply be able to work without massive overhauls, essentially resulting in creating the world anew.

Skins won't fix any of this (aside from art-only levels, which I personally feel like will probably easily be done with a possible new EEeditor for the remake). While the idea of skins in general might be fun... I'm hesitant that they'll implement it due to the extra bandwidth it'll cost.

#27 2018-07-24 04:34:03, last edited by hummerz5 (2018-07-24 16:04:39)

mariofry

a
--
sorry that was an accident //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

don't double post - hz5

mariofry = best player all time

US4MiUY.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#28 2018-07-24 06:16:37

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

den3107 wrote:
minimania wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
minimania wrote:

A lot of worlds would be broken if they moved it anyways, so why do that?

This could be easily fixable if players could add their own blocks to EE (skins and such, not action blocks)

The problem is that it's not a port to a new engine (like your example game). It's a remake. And as the devs have already told, it'll likely include different (probably better) physics. Different physics means the old worlds won't work (as well).
Steps will be taken to make a tool to port the data over but... Not everything will simply be able to work without massive overhauls, essentially resulting in creating the world anew.

Skins won't fix any of this (aside from art-only levels, which I personally feel like will probably easily be done with a possible new EEeditor for the remake). While the idea of skins in general might be fun...
I'm hesitant that they'll implement it due to the extra bandwidth it'll cost.

I completely agree.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#29 2018-07-24 20:52:36

MWstudios

minimania wrote:

For these who think skins might ruin the game, I'll give an example of a game called Sandbox Evolution.
It's a sandbox game where you build your platformers and share them wih friends (Fun fact: The biggest map in the game is called Huge and has 300×300 blocks. Coinsidence?)
About a month ago, they added an update where you can draw your own decoration and character textures and upload them to the server.
Yes, it might ruin the game, because someone can copy the textures that are buyable in shop -> game currency loses its cost. But the game creators (Pixowl Inc.) are still gaining profits, which means that their idea didn't ruin the game at all.
So my opinion is that adding custom skins to EE is a good idea.

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#30 2018-07-25 01:21:24

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

MWstudios wrote:
minimania wrote:

For these who think skins might ruin the game, I'll give an example of a game called Sandbox Evolution.
It's a sandbox game where you build your platformers and share them wih friends (Fun fact: The biggest map in the game is called Huge and has 300×300 blocks. Coinsidence?)
About a month ago, they added an update where you can draw your own decoration and character textures and upload them to the server.
Yes, it might ruin the game, because someone can copy the textures that are buyable in shop -> game currency loses its cost. But the game creators (Pixowl Inc.) are still gaining profits, which means that their idea didn't ruin the game at all.
So my opinion is that adding custom skins to EE is a good idea.

Well, adding custom skins is a good idea overall but it is unrelated to the topic and a lot of people posted it.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

ILikeTofuuJoe1532478084715878

Board footer