Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-16 05:39:09

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Sub-Worlds

This is another suggestion that can break the 300x300 world limit. Any worlds, can have their own sub-worlds, owners should be able to change that: if sub-worlds are joinable from the lobby, and can they have multiple main worlds. sub-worlds should also be able to have their own sub worlds, which can allow a world chain or a world net. If the player has completed the main world, they should be able to join it's sub-worlds even if "Joinable From Lobby" is false.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#2 2018-06-17 14:46:44

MWstudios

Re: Sub-Worlds

OTREy5m.png

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Wooted by:

#3 2018-06-17 16:05:52

LukeM
Website

MWstudios wrote:

OTREy5m.png

The idea is for a way to force you to complete one world before the other, which currently isnt possible with world portals.

#4 2018-06-17 18:51:35

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

LukeM wrote:

The idea is for a way to force you to complete one world before the other, which currently isnt possible with world portals.

I guess the closest you can get is have the next world as visible false but still joinable and place the world portal at the end of the 'main' world. Of course, the problem is that once you know the next world id you can just connect that way but the average user still isn't going to know that.

That being said, I do like the idea of users essentially making their own campaign series without the rewards.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#5 2018-06-17 18:59:46

LukeM
Website

mutantdevle wrote:
LukeM wrote:

I guess the closest you can get is have the next world as visible false but still joinable and place the world portal at the end of the 'main' world. Of course, the problem is that once you know the next world id you can just connect that way but the average user still isn't going to know that.

That being said, I do like the idea of users essentially making their own campaign series without the rewards.

I was thinking about that, and yes I think it would be tolerable if you could still join the world through the ID but it was hidden otherwise, but you still have the problem of people joining the worlds directly through the friends list which its much more likely people will do.

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2018-06-18 05:20:43

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

LukeM wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
LukeM wrote:

I guess the closest you can get is have the next world as visible false but still joinable and place the world portal at the end of the 'main' world. Of course, the problem is that once you know the next world I D you can just connect that way but the average user still isn't going to know that.

I was thinking about that, and yes I think it would be tolerable if you could still join the world through the I D but it was hidden otherwise, but you still have the problem of people joining the worlds directly through the friends list which its much more likely people will do.

It shouldn't be possible to join friends in sub-worlds because it will totally break the series. It also shouldn't be possible to join with I D because if somebody tells you the I D, it can also break the series. But they should appear on favourites list though, because the plauer would obviously not want to start again and it is only possible to favourite the world while being in it. If the series was made by a crew, only the main world should appear on the worlds list. This is not like world portals since currently, every world is joinable at any time. (Except for private worlds of course.)That way, players are COMPLETELY forced to do the worlds in order. IF this is added to EE, some people's dream of making their own campaigns would become true(Even though there is a low chance ANY suggestions are going to be added.).

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
#Joe Griffin
Signature

#7 2018-06-18 05:39:20

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

See also World Portal IDs. Not only would it be a more flexible feature overall, but it would also be possible to require players to play a world in order by blocking off the spawn point. Though it might cause problems for players rejoining the world after quitting...

Wooted by:

#8 2018-06-18 05:55:38

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

N1KF wrote:

See also World Portal IDs. Not only would it be a more flexible feature overall, but it would also be possible to require players to play a world in order by blocking off the spawn point. Though it might cause problems for players rejoining the world after quitting...

They can simply favourite the world...

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#9 2018-06-18 08:12:22, last edited by LukeM (2018-06-18 08:14:19)

LukeM
Website

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
LukeM wrote:

It shouldn't be possible to join friends in sub-worlds because it will totally break the series. It also shouldn't be possible to join with I D because if somebody tells you the I D, it can also break the series. But they should appear on favourites list though, because the plauer would obviously not want to start again and it is only possible to favourite the world while being in it. If the series was made by a crew, only the main world should appear on the worlds list. This is not like world portals since currently, every world is joinable at any time. (Except for private worlds of course.)That way, players are COMPLETELY forced to do the worlds in order. IF this is added to EE, some people's dream of making their own campaigns would become true(Even though there is a low chance ANY suggestions are going to be added.).

Yes, that was what I was trying to say (I should have made it more clear)
If you did it normally with world portals, even though it would be tolerable being able to join by ID (yes you could technically cheat, but normal players wouldn't and there's no reward so it wouldn't matter as much), you would still have the problem of people joining using the friends list, so IMO your solution would be better.

#10 2018-06-19 03:44:07

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I don't get why people don't like letting people join by ID. I'd actually take it a step farther and display the ID when standing in front of a world portal.

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#11 2018-06-19 09:23:46

LukeM
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

I don't get why people don't like letting people join by ID. I'd actually take it a step farther and display the ID when standing in front of a world portal.

In this case it's because it would let you skip ahead in the 'campaign', the idea is to force you to complete one world before the next, so joining directly half way through the campaign wouldn't be wanted.

#12 2018-06-19 15:20:31

peace

sub worlds should keep coins aswitches ect

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#13 2018-06-20 05:51:16

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

peace wrote:

sub worlds should keep coins aswitches ect

owners could run out of switches and coin doors/gates and notice that they are different worlds.

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#14 2018-06-20 23:22:39

Schlog

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with this suggestion, but please go into more depth on why it's good for a friend of mine.

#15 2018-06-21 05:40:42

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

It would also be possible to make a gigantic cyoa game. Maybe even a multi-world bot game. The only problem with this suggestion is if the player forgot to favourite the maps. Then that player would have to redo the campaign.

#Joe Griffin
Signature

ILikeTofuuJoe1529556042710663

Board footer