Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2018-06-10 10:05:13

MWstudios

Re: Answering Questions Regarding the Everybody Edits Reboot

Xenonetix wrote:

The current plan is for the game to be made in a brand new engine called "frost2D", which our very own ByteArray is developing.

r0ToUgq.png

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Wooted by: (3)

#102 2018-06-10 11:17:04

den3107

MWstudios wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

The current plan is for the game to be made in a brand new engine called "frost2D", which our very own ByteArray is developing.

https://imgur.com/r0ToUgq.png

Unless you make the game engine in flash :thinking_face_emoji:

Wooted by: (2)

#103 2018-06-10 11:57:43

Corysut

I know its not likely to happened and this is more wishful thinking than anything but I hope I can keep my username, smileys and blocks.
My username is what I use on every game I play never anything different.
My smileys have taking me along time to get, some that can't be bought in the shop, like postman, fanboy 2, magic smileys, eyeball, raindrop ect
Same with my blocks, they took awhile to get.
Getting the gems to buy all the stuff again would be fine for most things but I hope the other items can be sorted out some way.
I'm mostly just hoping my time getting the smileys and blocks doesn't turn out to have been wasted time in the end.

But in the end im also happy that ee will be still around, I may not play it as much as I used to but knowing that it is around makes me happy, so many great memories.

boiJexr.png?1

#104 2018-06-10 12:11:27

Jersa
Banned

Corysut wrote:

I know its not likely to happened and this is more wishful thinking than anything but I hope I can keep my username, smileys and blocks.
My smileys have taking me along time to get, some that can't be bought in the shop, like postman, fanboy 2, magic smileys, eyeball, raindrop ect
Getting the gems to buy all the stuff again would be fine for most things but I hope the other items can be sorted out some way.
I'm mostly just hoping my time getting the smileys and blocks doesn't turn out to have been wasted time in the end.

But in the end im also happy that ee will be still around, I may not play it as much as I used to but knowing that it is around makes me happy, so many great memories.

Yeah... probably the only thing you are going to be available to stay with is your username (And maybe maaaaaybe some worlds) after all this is a reboot.

#105 2018-06-10 12:17:40

Corysut

Jersa wrote:
Corysut wrote:

Yeah... probably the only thing you are going to be available to stay with is your username (And maybe maaaaaybe some worlds) after all this is a reboot.

I know, the post was just that I was hoping for, basically just wishful thinking.

boiJexr.png?1

#106 2018-06-10 12:39:15, last edited by Xenonetix (2018-06-10 12:40:01)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Corysut wrote:

We're going to do what we can to make sure people retain their usernames for the reboot where possible. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Corysut wrote:

I can't go into too much detail yet over what will happen with smileys, but we're aware of the time and effort people have put into collecting them (including myself for many years), so we're hoping we can find a good compromise that works well - We have some exciting plans! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Corysut wrote:

Blocks may be harder to keep, mainly because some blocks for the reboot may be released at different intervals instead of immediately at launch. For example, many Halloween blocks may not be available until Halloween 2019, but this isn't definite yet. There'll still be plenty to play with though. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Corysut wrote:

Try not to think of it as a waste! We're hoping you've enjoyed your experience playing Everybody Edits over the years! Not only that, it may be fun for many people to attempt to spend time earning stuff in the new game instead of being given everything immediately. We want to find a balance where there'll still be stuff for everyone to achieve, no matter how long they've played the current version, while still rewarding the current community for their loyalty, support, and commitment over the years. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Corysut wrote:

Glad to hear it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Xenonetix-2.png

#107 2018-06-10 16:59:02, last edited by Corysut (2018-06-10 17:05:16)

Corysut

Xenonetix wrote:

We're going to do what we can to make sure people retain their usernames for the reboot where possible.

Glad to hear that! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Xenonetix wrote:

I can't go into too much detail yet over what will happen with smileys, but we're aware of the time and effort people have put into collecting them (including myself for many years), so we're hoping we can find a good compromise that works well - We have some exciting plans!

Im happy to hear that you have some plan and I understand that you can't mention it, I was mostly worried about the harder to collect smileys and hearing that you have a plan means I no longer worry. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix wrote:

Blocks may be harder to keep, mainly because some blocks for the reboot may be released at different intervals instead of immediately at launch. For example, many Halloween blocks may not be available until Halloween 2019, but this isn't definite yet. There'll still be plenty to play with though.

Blocks were less of a concern for myself but mostly was wondering about it for other players who have contest blocks or the classic blocks (Because they look cool https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/d/d1/022_coy )

Xenonetix wrote:

Try not to think of it as a waste! We're hoping you've enjoyed your experience playing Everybody Edits over the years!

I dont think of it as a waste at all I love all the time spent on ee, I was just thinking that if everything got 100% wiped then a lot of the time spent in the past would now have nothing to show for it and I like being able to show my achievements to others. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/89/123_light_wizard

Xenonetix wrote:

Not only that, it may be fun for many people to attempt to spend time earning stuff in the new game instead of being given everything immediately. We want to find a balance where there'll still be stuff for everyone to achieve, no matter how long they've played the current version, while still rewarding the current community for their loyalty, support, and commitment over the years.

I agree regaining them could be a lot of fun so long as its done in a good way, some smileys like the magic ones are very hard and take a lot of time so im not sure if to many players would like to try for magic again and ones like postman https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8b/035_postman, fanboy's https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5b/024_fan_boy https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/0/06/100_fan_boy_II, contest https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/6b/031_bunny, eyeball https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/a/aa/122_eyeball ect cant be gotten again or need you to redo somethings. That being said knowing you will have a plan in place so that they will be obtainable again in someone is all I really hoped for, I was mostly worried that once the reboot happened that the smileys I used to have would suddenly be gone and unable to be collected once again, which would be upsetting as getting 145 (not including the starting 6) smiley wasn't easy.

I mostly asked those questions because I figured that other people would also want know know about that stuff. Sorry if you had already answered them before (probably had) as I didnt read all the other questions asked, to much reading and im lazy https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/b/b4/141_sleepy

(Edited it to add smileys, my post looked to long, boring and plain)

boiJexr.png?1

Wooted by:

#108 2018-06-23 00:13:30, last edited by Minimania (2018-06-23 00:30:28)

Minimania
Moderation Team

What point is there in saving the worlds from original EE when they're going to break because not all the blocks are getting ported over to the reboot?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#109 2018-06-23 00:43:12

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

minimania wrote:

What point is there in saving the worlds from original EE when they're going to break because not all the blocks are getting ported over to the reboot?

You can edit and repair them fairly easily. Maybe you'll have to redesign a few minis but the core concept of most worlds should remain in tact.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#110 2018-06-23 00:46:16

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

minimania wrote:

Because the worlds can be transferred with the closest equivalent blocks. If you want to keep the minimap art, you could substitute the closest block in colour. If you want to keep the gameplay, hopefully most worlds would not be completely broken, unless the world purposely utilises a glitch, in which case I don't have that much sympathy for you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - I don't expect we'll be keeping the ability to jump up and vibrate at the bottom of up arrows...

Xenonetix-2.png

#111 2018-06-23 01:29:20

Minimania
Moderation Team

Xenonetix wrote:
minimania wrote:

Because the worlds can be transferred with the closest equivalent blocks. If you want to keep the minimap art, you could substitute the closest block in colour. If you want to keep the gameplay, hopefully most worlds would not be completely broken, unless the world purposely utilises a glitch, in which case I don't have that much sympathy for you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - I don't expect we'll be keeping the ability to jump up and vibrate at the bottom of up arrows...

The world I spent the most time focuses on in-game art, and I feel that may be entirely destroyed with the reboot.

21cZxBv.png

#112 2018-06-23 02:48:56

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

minimania wrote:

The world I spent the most time focuses on in-game art, and I feel that may be entirely destroyed with the reboot.

Sometimes, it will be a case-by-case basis. I have some doubts that it would be "entirely destroyed", but you're right that there's the potential for some of the work to be lost. Nevertheless, I still hope to focus on more versatility, so I'm sure you may be able to compromise with your creativity in the reboot with further in-game art. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by:

#113 2018-06-23 03:40:13, last edited by Minisaurus (2018-06-23 09:35:24)

Minisaurus
Banned

Which glitches will be intentionally kept?
Death portals?
Jump on team door before it switch?
Change direction boost portals?
1x1 hooks?
Others?

Which glitches will, without doubt, be removed?

#114 2018-06-23 04:21:10

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Add music block to EE pleaseee!
So you can play music from youtube or itunes!

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#115 2018-06-23 04:26:21

Minimania
Moderation Team

Xenonetix wrote:
minimania wrote:

Sometimes, it will be a case-by-case basis. I have some doubts that it would be "entirely destroyed", but you're right that there's the potential for some of the work to be lost. Nevertheless, I still hope to focus on more versatility, so I'm sure you may be able to compromise with your creativity in the reboot with further in-game art. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Sorry, but I don't think I can accept 'just fix it, you're creative enough' from someone who is taking away from my works.

21cZxBv.png

#116 2018-06-23 07:00:01

PTU
Formerly Pipec

minimania wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:
minimania wrote:

Sorry, but I don't think I can accept 'just fix it, you're creative enough' from someone who is taking away from my works.

I disagree with all you said, we should at least give reboot a chance
and there's no other way if flash actually losing support.

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

#117 2018-06-23 10:31:00

peace

Xenonetix wrote:

I don't expect we'll be keeping the ability to jump up and vibrate at the bottom of up arrows...

ahw no more cake spam xD

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#118 2018-06-23 11:13:19

LukeM
Website

Xenonetix wrote:

I don't expect we'll be keeping the ability to jump up and vibrate at the bottom of up arrows...

That one is a bit of a tricky one, it stems from the feature that causes you to bounce up and down when you are between inwards pointing up and down arrows, so unless you can find a better way to do that, it's either vibrating between inwards pointing arrows or vibrating between outwards pointing arrows //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

This feature is also what causes a lot of other bugs, such as the failing to align properly when jumping into arrows, and the problem where you need multiple arrows before a gap to cause the player to fall into it, so it would be really good if you could fix it, but I have a feeling that most fixes will cause just as many problems as they fix //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

The bugs I'm talking about

#119 2018-06-23 13:25:29, last edited by Minimania (2018-06-23 13:25:57)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Pipec wrote:
minimania wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:
minimania wrote:

I disagree with all you said, we should at least give reboot a chance
and there's no other way if flash actually losing support.

"Let's give it a chance" does not fix the fact that there is something being taken away from my works. And yeah, flash is losing support, but you can't tell me you can't port everything over to HTML5 the way it was. I know this, and I've seen it done on a flash application before called iscribble.net. In fact, in both html5 and flash versions of iscribble, you can still join the same boards and interact with people from the other client no problem. I don't understand why Everybody Edits Reboot cannot do any of this.

21cZxBv.png

#120 2018-06-23 14:13:51, last edited by LukeM (2018-06-23 14:25:33)

LukeM
Website

minimania wrote:

"Let's give it a chance" does not fix the fact that there is something being taken away from my works. And yeah, flash is losing support, but you can't tell me you can't port everything over to HTML5 the way it was. I know this, and I've seen it done on a flash application before called iscribble.net. In fact, in both html5 and flash versions of iscribble, you can still join the same boards and interact with people from the other client no problem. I don't understand why Everybody Edits Reboot cannot do any of this.

tl;dr: There are three main reasons for creating a new version of the game:
1. Flash is dying so a rewrite / port needs to happen anyway
2. They want to rewrite the code to make it easier to update, and so that they have more control over certain features
3. It allows them to change certain features without needing to worry about it breaking worlds

I guess there are three main reasons behind it, the first one is that flash is going to be unsupported fairly soon, so a new version needs to be made, although as you say, it could fairly easily be made to work exactly the same as the normal EE.

The second reason is that EE is coded badly, mostly because it has been programmed be lots of different people, some of whom have just bolted their features onto the side as they don't really understand how the rest of the game works. I think they plan on designing it in a way that will make it easier to add extra features, allowing them to create updates much more easily, even if the current devs leave and pass development on to other people. Again, this could be done without changing any of the functionality but it would be much harder, as they couldn't just directly port the code over to HTML5.

The last reason is that there are a lot of bugs and weird behaviours in EE, as well as bad decisions with old block packs, and their current stance is that they shouldn't change anything as it may break old worlds. This restricts them a lot as they have to make sure that any added feature doesn't have any unintended consequences, so its much harder to change how things work. I guess the new version of the game is just a way to say 'we are making changes that mean that a lot of old worlds will be broken', which allows them to change all of the things they think should be changed.

Edit: Oh and theres also the thing with EE using PlayerIO, which means they don't have much freedom to change how a lot of things work, such as the world size limit, possibly a lot of the lobby spamming problems (although I don't know enough about it to say whetherits possible that there are ways to fix it while still using PlayerIO). This should hopefully mean that they can design systems that fit EE's needs much better, probably for a lower cost as well. (I guess this sort of fits into point 2, as moving away from PlayerIO would be similar (ish) to moving from Flash to HTML5 but with added problems with transferring accounts / data)

Wooted by:

PTU

#121 2018-06-23 15:42:56

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Regarding the bugs, bit early to be discussing which bugs will stay and go considering we don't actually have a playable version yet //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Regarding minimania's concerns, I would say that we still plan on having the overlap period of at least 3 months. 3 months is the minimum amount of time we plan to overlap, to give people a chance to familiarise themselves with the reboot, make the necessary transfers of their own, and to come to terms with the 'loss', but we hope the majority of players will have moved over to the reboot by the end of that period. If people aren't completely ready, we can keep the current version open longer, but it will cost the game more money the longer we keep it open.

A lot of people seem to be under the impression that things will only be "lost" when it comes to the reboot, but there'll be a bunch of new stuff too! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix-2.png

#122 2018-06-23 15:45:13

Vitalijus
Website

Can we already reserve names?

wn7I7Oa.png

#123 2018-06-23 16:28:03

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Vitalijus wrote:

Can we already reserve names?

We predict we'll be doing this from November.

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by:

#124 2018-07-03 14:59:19

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Hmmm, so it's like firstly doing a closed alpha test, then a open beta, and finally a full release.

I can not wait to see how will the reboot fare, and if the playerbase will increase after the reboot. I liked the old times when we had like alot of active playerbase.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#125 2018-07-03 15:44:09, last edited by AlphaJon (2018-07-03 16:06:24)

AlphaJon

Is there any plan for customizable blocks instead of being restricted to a smaller subset of the existing ones?
For the few of you who may know about platform racing 3, this concept was well executed, and custom blocks allowed for unique and better quality levels, you could also share the custom blocks with other players. The horrible server stability ruined the game (still a bit salty about that tbh) which is about the only reason why you won't be able to look it up or play it anymore.

Wooted by:
drunkbnu1542224426731917

Board footer