Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-08 17:06:00

Emma333

!!1!fINAL EXSAms

I dont know about you guys in THE FREEDOM COUNTRY, and you guys in other countries, but here in The Netherlands all highschool students in their last year are having their final exams starting next week.
So are you having your finals soon too, or are you preparing for other exams on other types of schools? Or maybe you want to tell about when u had exams before.
Write about your experience here.

Are you ready?
What are your goals?
What are you stressed about?
What are you absolutely not stressed about?
How are you preparing for your exams?
At what time do you go to bed?

For me this is a good time to be alive, I have worked very hard this year because I want to end up as the best student at my school this year and I feel good about my chances. There's only one guy who could beat my scores, and I enjoy competing with him.
The only subject I worry about is Dutch. Dutch exams are really just reading exams, but the questions are always very hard. To give you a better understanding: English final exams are also reading exams, and I can easily get like 80 to 90 percent of the points on those exams. On dutch exams my average score is about 60-65% (and that's the absolute minimum of what I really need).

I go to bed at 22:00, and sometimes 21:00.

Also excuse me for my bad English, I don't bother anymore to double check since I'm having a break on using my brains.

Pm me with anything math related please

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2018-05-08 17:18:28

Gosha

Re: !!1!fINAL EXSAms

1) No i am not ready at all and the main exam is in 12 days //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
2) I hope to pass it, that's it. I don't need any info i'll learn for the exam
3) i am not stressed. (plshelpme :c)
4) -
5) i write code for ee -> **** i need to study -> ok, 10 mins and i'll get into that -> sleep -> school -> i write code for ee
6) around 1 am these days //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2018-05-08 17:33:29, last edited by LukeM (2018-05-08 17:35:30)

LukeM
Website

High school finals are the same as UK A-levels aren't they? (age 17/18, the year before you go to university)

My first exam is in a week or so, but the rest of them are in June, which is a bit weird, but I guess more spread out exams is a good thing because you have more time to do revision

I have only just started full on revision, so I'm not ready yet, but I think I should have enough time to revise everything.
I need an A* and 2 As to get into my first choice uni, so thats my main goal, but I'd like to to get 2 A*s and 2 As (studying maths, further maths, physics, and computing, hoping for A*s in maths and computing, and As in futher maths and physics).
I'm most worried about physics and further pure maths (the mandatory module for further maths), the rest I'm pretty fine with I think.
I'm preparing mostly by doing past papers and making sure I know how to do everything I get wrong at the moment, although later I'll probably read through the entire specification to make sure theres nothing I've missed.
I usually go to bed at 23:00 - 23:30, because I start late on most days so can lie in //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#4 2018-05-08 17:47:31

MartenM
Website

Emma333 wrote:

Are you ready?
What are your goals?

1. 7 or higher (rounded notes) on all subjects except for Dutch.
2. Nothing really, which might be a problem.
3. English exam. It's long but easy.
4. By randomly learning parts of the theorie of most subjects and by doing practice examens.
5. Yesterday it was the first time since about a week where I went to bed before 01:00.

I feel like I know everything already, but at the same time I know I don't :s

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#5 2018-05-08 18:31:22

Anak

I've only got 3 exams, all in June: 2 for English language, 1 for music technology. The music one is really easy imo and I don't think I need to worry about it, for English I think if I study well enough and maybe manage my time a bit better I can do really well on it. What I really have to worry about imo is doing my coursework for graphic design.

LukeM wrote:

High school finals are the same as UK A-levels aren't they? (age 17/18, the year before you go to university)

Americans have a weird system but I think they are essentially the same (IE if you're in Year 13 you're a senior over there)

Wooted by:

#6 2018-05-08 18:40:03

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Emma333 wrote:

Are you ready?
What are your goals?

1. Ahahahahahahasdfsaf
2. Passing
3. Not passing
4. ...?
5. Badly
6. 12-1

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#7 2018-05-08 18:58:29, last edited by mutantdevle (2018-05-08 18:59:35)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I did my high school final exams last year (16 years old) and am in college now (17-18). I do have a pretty important deadline next week though.

So for that:

Emma333 wrote:

Are you ready?
What are your goals?

1. No, because it's coursework and I just gotta complete all the work by then which I think I will do.
2. To get the highest grade (distinction).
3. Not finishing in time / not doing everything I want to get done. I'm also slightly worried about my annotations since I haven't started that yet (but that's due it 3 more weeks after this next deadline).
4. I'm not stressed out about getting into the 2nd year. There are limited spaces on my course and some people will get kicked off if they don't do well but I'm not worried about that.
5. My course doesn't have any exams, it's all coursework. But I prepare for doing that by working on it every day.
6. Depends really. Sometimes 8PM, sometimes 11PM, sometimes 1AM. Sometimes (eg last night) I don't even go to sleep. Instead I stay up and do coursework because I genuinely enjoy it to the point I'm willing to deprive myself of sleep over it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

PTU

#8 2018-05-08 19:01:35

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

ive had this kind of final exams a year ago when i was graduating from school
the system in ukraine is quite one of a kind, although russia has a similar system
basically you choose 3 (or 4, 4th is optional) subjects for your exams, ive chosen:
- ukrainian language (this is obligatory and everyone has this exam)
- math (the 2nd exam you choose either math or history of ukraine)
- english
- physics
the 3rd and 4th exams are chosen from the following group of subjects: math, history, english, physics, geography, chemistry, biology

each exam is written on a different day, the security measures for cheating prevention in these exams are quite harsh, the exam on each of the subjects is written for all schools of the country at the same time.
theres a **** of ABCD tests, then a smaller **** of problems that you have to solve (for math and physics) or just harder version of the tests (for language exams) and then a few seriously difficult problems (for math/physics) or writing an essay (for language exams)
the score that you can get is from 100 to 200 on each exam (if you get less than 100 you fail) and these exam results are used later on when youre applying to a university

this semester my university exams are going to start on june 4th, these occur at the end of each semester

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#9 2018-05-08 20:46:05

hummerz5

^ hey taskmanager/alien/maxi, you were in some form of numerical analysis (math) class this past few months, right? how'd that end up for ya?

Emma333 wrote:

Are you ready?
What are your goals?

I was ready enough.
My goal was to get A's on all finals.
I was stressed about Chemistry because they didn't post results from various important assignments, making it difficult to gauge my grade in the class. That, and numerical analysis.
I was absolutely not stressed about various philosophical concepts that are too esoteric for me to remember or apply. But that's okay because apparently I'm taking two of those classes next semester.
I studied a few hours.
I went to bed around 23:00

(my finals were last week, actually)

Wooted by:

#10 2018-05-08 21:20:58, last edited by Zumza (2018-05-08 21:23:21)

Zumza

I'm also finishing high-school. I count down every day to the finals: currently 47 days remained til the first one.

We also had finals when we finished school for high-school admissions. But this one is definitely more important. Here, it goes by the name of Baccalaureate, shorted Bac in the colloquial speak, and also known by the name of "The Life Exam".

Funny enough, most prestigious faculties here don't really bother much about the score. They develop their own admission exams which are harder and more tied to the actual study curriculum you're going to follow.

I'm a bit nervous but I only know that I wish to lift this stone off my soul as soon as possible.

However, I'm mostly sure that the odds are in my favour and I'll be able to fulfil my goal.

I get to bed around 12 o'clock.

I have uncertainties that everyone here is using the same term to refer to the same education tier. We have school(which consists of primary school and gymnasium), high-school(aka. college) and faculty(aka. a section of an university). I've noticed that English persons tend to refer college as faculty/university, but I'm not sure everyone agreed to this convention. As I know the age of a couple of users that posted before, I doubt a little.

P.S. I live in Romania

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#11 2018-05-08 21:25:40, last edited by Luka504 (2018-05-08 21:26:27)

Luka504

Haha suckers, here where I live we have no final exams. You just need to study to get all the grades you need to, y'know, pass the grade you're in.
No dozens of hours spent on studying, no procrastination, no stress and no one-test-that-determines-your-future. Just regular school days until summer vacation.
Life is unfair and I love it.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#12 2018-05-08 21:26:21

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

hummerz5 wrote:

^ hey taskmanager/alien/maxi, you were in some form of numerical analysis (math) class this past few months, right? how'd that end up for ya?

yeah, not over for me yet, i have this subject for this semester
some things are simple to understand, some are complex as ****
we also started learning differential equations and we've never done those before like wtf

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#13 2018-05-08 21:37:17, last edited by LukeM (2018-05-08 21:38:24)

LukeM
Website

Zumza wrote:

I have uncertainties that everyone here is using the same term to refer to the same education tier. We have school(which consists of primary school and gymnasium), high-school(aka. college) and faculty(aka. a section of an university). I've noticed that English persons tend to refer college as faculty/university, but I'm not sure everyone agreed to this convention. As I know the age of a couple of users that posted before, I doubt a little.

In England, we have pre school (ages 5-), primary school (ages 5 - 11), secondary school (ages 11 - 16), college (ages 16 - 18), and university (ages 18+)

I'm calling it university instead of college (which I guess might be more understandable for people in other countries?) because afaik university can only mean one thing, but college can mean two (UK college - age 16 to 18, and other college - age 18+)

#14 2018-05-08 22:57:16

Emma333

Luka504 wrote:

Haha suckers, here where I live we have no final exams. You just need to study to get all the grades you need to, y'know, pass the grade you're in.
No dozens of hours spent on studying, no procrastination, no stress and no one-test-that-determines-your-future. Just regular school days until summer vacation.
Life is unfair and I love it.

Good for you, but I like having final exams. We get like 6 weeks to prepare for them which is more than enough, and in those weeks we get all the freedom to do what we want. Teachers will always give you time to answer your questions when they're teaching lowers classes, and friends and parents all treat you nicely and give you courage to do well in these exams.
I like this a lot better than regular school, new deadlines every week, working on stupid papers or other projects i dont care about, not skipping school because im scared of missing something important.

And the best thing: having a twice as long summer holiday

Wooted by:

#15 2018-05-09 04:01:33

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

My final exams are way delayed because i’m studying in an Japanese university this year, in fact i’m preparing for my mid-terms next week.
I usually study the night before and get an passing grade, which is all i need this year. The only thing that counts is getting over 60%, though i try to do my best so i learn something other than simply passing exams.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#16 2018-05-09 07:15:01

HeyNK

i passed

#17 2018-05-09 16:53:15, last edited by Phinarose (2018-05-09 16:58:12)

Phinarose

1. I guess I was ready, I already finished all my final exams this week.
2. My goals are quite simple, I do not want to fail any of my exams and I do not want to fail the class (though I am not close to failing any of my classes).  Overall, I want to make sure that I will maintain an A grade point average (GPA).
3. I was the most stressed for my biology exam, only because I had to study the most material for it.
4. I wasn't really stressed for my other finals. My legal studies, biology lab, psychology, and biostatistics exams were pretty easy. I also had to write a research paper for English which wasn't that bad and I am fairly confident that I will get a good grade on it.
5. I prepared for my exams by studying. Both my legal studies and biostatistics exams were open note which meant that I really didn't need to study for them. For other exams, I looked at diagrams, flashcards, and made a large document for Biology which my friends and I used to study together.
6. I typically went to bed around 12am-1am

Grades I have received on my exams so far:
- Biology: 96
- Biology Lab: 97
- Legal Studies: 94

I guess I can say that I am doing pretty well on my final exams so far.

WjoM2zh.png

Wooted by: (4)

#18 2018-05-10 01:52:45

HeyNK

i can tell you're a girl by the courses you're taking

#19 2018-05-11 00:16:47, last edited by John (2018-05-11 00:27:33)

John

i got a 97% on my cisco routing and switching final WOO
others idk yet

EDIT:

Are you ready? Yeah
What are your goals? Basically the same as Phinarose
What are you stressed about? Nothing really, I prepared myself
What are you absolutely not stressed about? ??
How are you preparing for your exams? Freshman year of High School I created what I call "the 10 day rule" which basically each day after class you write 5 questions that are related to what you talked about and really hard (synthesis+) for myself and every 10 days I go back and answer them
At what time do you go to bed? 9pm latest

EDIT 2:

LukeM wrote:

(age 17/18, the year before you go to university)

I'm 20 and a Freshman in college/university. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

"wtf John did u get held back"

PW?scale=2

#20 2018-05-11 02:14:42

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

hahAHahaHAHAH I HAVE NO FINAL EXAMS

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#21 2018-05-11 02:39:20

Bluecloud

Lol i did all my finals in April see ya later nerds

goodbye ee, i'll miss you

#22 2018-05-19 08:53:18

Emma333

I have an update for those interested.

So I got sick after my first exam, and had to do 3 exams while having a fever. Sucks, because I have worked so hard these past weeks and then some fever comes in and ruins my plans.
So yea, I will not be the best student this year, probably still 2nd. But that doesn't really matter anymore.
I also wanted to graduate cum laude, which is kind of the dutch equivalent of a straight A student I guess? Basically the average of all grades must be more than an 8 (Dutch grades are 1 to 10), and all averages per subject must be higher than 7. The average of 8 will still be easy, even with fever because I already have one 10 and a lot of 9's. I only worry about Dutch, as it is my only subjects that might be less than a 7. I did the exam yesterday and I could not finish it because of this fever. The exam was relatively easy though, so I might still have enough points. But the fact that it was easy, means that the grading will be harsh. On Dutch final exams the average of all Dutch students must be a 6,5 I believe, when this average is higher, they will make everyones grade lower. I don't even know if anyone is interested in these stupid details but whatever.

I was very worried when I got sick, because it's allowed to do exams later if you're so sick you might blackout, and I really don't want to do them later. I just want to be finished with it and enjoy my vacation.
The other exams I had while having a fever were chemistry and English, both went pretty good but not as good as I hoped.

The first exam I had was math, this exam went really good and I think I might get a 10 as I think I may have gotten all points. Otherwise its probably a 9,9 of something like that. Still really good, and I'm proud of it.

I have 3 days to rest now and get better. I had planned to study a lot but I guess that's not a good idea. After that I have my 3 last exams, Biology, economics and physics. Biology is the hardest of these, but I will get a good grade because I studied a lot. Economics is something I'm very good at, it's also my biggest interest so that's not something I worry about. And Physics is just a joke to me, I don't even have to study to get an 8. And I studied so I will score very high.

That's all for today, hope you enjoyed my life story.

#23 2018-05-19 11:48:03

LukeM
Website

An update from me too:

I had my first exam on Wednesday, at the time I felt like I was prepared, but I ended up making some silly mistakes so probably dropped quite a few marks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
Luckily, due to a quirk in how the grading works (I'll explain it later in a spoiler if you're interested), only two of three of my exams matter as long as I get more than 20%, so I just need to do better in the other two //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

The quirk for those who are interested

Wooted by:

#24 2018-05-30 11:58:31

Gosha

I failed literature a week ago
but now i passed
all exams done
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wooted by: (3)

#25 2018-05-30 15:19:37

Anatoly

Emma333 wrote:

in their last year are having their final exams starting next week.

But isn't it everywhere like this?

Last year = Final year => Last exams = Final exams?
No year = No exams?
First year = first exams?
Last year = Last exams!

Or does a country exist where the last exams is not in the last year?

peace1534414229719765

Board footer